Billboard Hot 100 EARLY predictions: Hold Me Closer at #12

3 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

OMG THE ICONIC LEGEND HAS RETURNED! GIVE US THOSE RADIO THREADS, SIS! :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Not some of you being clueless as to who TOUCHMEANGEL is. Wastes of sperm. (That's a reference, not an insult.) :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:  :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

This era we should go with Facebook campaign sending promotional messages (with iTunes link, Youtube link and Spotify link) to Facebook target members on those music groups. 

For radio request we shall use Twitter effectively!

PS: I learned the "watse of sperm" and "sand in your *******?" from a member Kelemchrist when i was a member of the Britneyboards forum back in 2004, we had many fights with the haters who bashed Britney horribly (^__^)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kgid said:

Does anyone still listen to the radio?  

Anyone?

Buller?

That's exactly what I don't understand... and I read Billboard will only count one purchase per week of a song/album to avoid mass purchasing.  What's the point???  What an organic result they will get..

3 hours ago, G-unit said:

I can’t at y’all acting like a #12 debut is bad.  We been knew she isn’t a good streaming artist…America only cares about rap music.

Yeah I honestly expected it not to debut in the top 20 in the US, this is good. People are just upset it's not top 10 I guess.

#12 is great! obviously we all want #1, but Britney hasn't had a big hit with the GP since Scream & Shout, 10 years ago! Hold Me Closer is very good, BUT it's not like a BOMT or Toxic, I don't know if it's gonna become one of her signature hits with the GP. It fits in with what's trendy now. I really would rather see it have longevity and peak somewhere with in the top ten, that way it get people thinking about Britney's music again and not just all of her personal stuff she has going on, and it's not like a Work ***** or Make Me that does well for a week or two because of the dedicated fanbase then kinda fades away. It's not getting the push a lead single for a come back would get. I think if it has longevity, it can stay build hype for the GP to be excited for whenever Britney decides she wants to come back solo and there will be more anticipation for it. We've tried to do all the streams, radio requests, and buying her singles on all platforms to make songs hits in the past, it doesn't work if the GP isn't on board. We can help, but ultimately it has to catch on with them to be a bonafide hit. 

Also compare it to her peers, Break My Soul debuted at #15. Christina hasn't charted a song in years (even when she did a collab with Demi), Justin's Last single (with SZA a younger more "current" arists peaked at 61. This is really good. This isn't 2010 where selling a bunch of iTunes songs will make you debut at #1, there's a lot more at play now and most hits are growers nowadays. Most of Dua's hits slowly go up the charts. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

This is great if it happens. In my opinion, charts are way more accurate now than they used to be. Yes, sales are impressive, but just because a song sells the most in one week doesn't mean it should be #1. That's why it's #1 on the iTunes sales charts, not the Billboard Hot 100. The Hot 100 should be a chart of the biggest songs in pop culture right now. As It Was, About Damn Time, Super Freaky Girl and others above HMC on this list are more well known and more often played song right now. Why should HMC be considered #1 if other songs are having broader cultural impact rn?

it's clearly not a better way because now these charts have lost relevance to most people. If that's a positive to you? 

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

For decades artists and record labels have used the various music charts as a measure of success, but they may not be measuring true popularity.

2 minutes ago, Kevney said:

it's clearly not a better way because now these charts have lost relevance to most people. If that's a positive to you?

How are the charts not more accurate if they better reflect what’s actually the most popular songs in the country right now? Again, if you want a chart purely based on sales, that’s what the iTunes chart is for. I think getting a #1 was way too easy in the early 2010s. 

I think charts have lost relevancy because there’s a lot more music readily available to listen to due to the streaming era. you’re no longer limited to what’s on the radio, what’s on tv, or what’s sold in stores. You can listen to music from an artist with 1000 streams and no physical music sold now.

I also think they’ve lost relevancy because it’s not so easy to just buy 10 copies per person and get it to #1 like it used to be. This is a good thing. A song should not go to #1 just because a group of super fans buys or streams a lot. It needs to have cultural relevancy and have an actual impact. HMC, while huge for Britney fans and pop fans, is not the cultural phenomenon that As It Was is, for example. I’ve seen Super Freaky Girl used as an audio on TikTok quite a few times, and my feed has nothing to do with pop music. HMC does not yet have this reach. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block