Billboard Hot 100 EARLY predictions: Hold Me Closer at #12

How about we just like let the song do it’s thing? I hate this trend of fanbases purposely buying multiple copies and doing streaming tricks just to get a higher chart debut. That’s not a reflection of the songs popularity or longevity. I’d rather it debut lower than have it debut high and then drop 30 positions the next week. Like that’s a clear indication your song sucks.  Like the simple fact when artists thank their fans afterward “we did it!” What did you do exactly? Wouldn’t you rather the public at large appreciate a song/album and purchase and request radio because it’s good? And not just bc they wanna be able to say “my fave is #1”.  It’s tacky. The song is great there’s no reason to think that overtime it can Climb charts because people actually enjoy it. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

How about we just like let the song do it’s thing? I hate this trend of fanbases purposely buying multiple copies and doing streaming tricks just to get a higher chart debut. That’s not a reflection of the songs popularity or longevity. I’d rather it debut lower than have it debut high and then drop 30 positions the next week. Like that’s a clear indication your song sucks.  Like the simple fact when artists thank their fans afterward “we did it!” What did you do exactly? Wouldn’t you rather the public at large appreciate a song/album and purchase and request radio because it’s good? And not just bc they wanna be able to say “my fave is #1”.  It’s tacky. The song is great there’s no reason to think that overtime it can Climb charts because people actually enjoy it. 

it's not just a song.

it's britney's first single after more than a decade of conservatorship

we know she became a very insecure person that is not aware of her impact in pop culture. If we make this song #1, it can bring her sparkle back since we know she loves performing.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, pedrobarcelos said:

it's not just a song.

we know she became a very insecure person that is not aware of her impact in pop culture. If we make this song #1, it can bring her sparkle back since we know she loves performing.

Britney Spears is not that vapid. She had 4 of her 5 #1s during the conservatorship.  Did that impact her confidence in any positive way? Those of us who followed her through that time could tell it absolutely didn’t. She was miserable. Her confidence will come with TIME and WORK. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pedrobarcelos said:

it's not just a song.

I'm sure it already bring her sparkle back recording this and she made a video to celebrate that HMC was #1 in 40 countries. We all want another #1 but it's not easy today. She is not a tiktok newbie who can acheive this with streams everywhere on social media and I'm ok with it. Girl is not made for THIS kind of music industry and we should be glad.

That said, HMC is doing really good, wait for radio airplays to rise and keep streaming :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Britney Spears is not that vapid. She had 4 of her 5 #1s during the conservatorship.  Did that impact her confidence in any positive way? Those of us who followed her through that time could tell it absolutely didn’t. She was miserable. Her confidence will come with TIME and WORK. 

its a very different scenario because she has much more input in this song than she had in the others

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block