Billboard Hot 100 EARLY predictions: Hold Me Closer at #12

10 hours ago, Urbanney said:

How are the charts not more accurate if they better reflect what’s actually the most popular songs in the country right now? Again, if you want a chart purely based on sales, that’s what the iTunes chart is for. I think getting a #1 was way too easy in the early 2010s. 

I think charts have lost relevancy because there’s a lot more music readily available to listen to due to the streaming era. you’re no longer limited to what’s on the radio, what’s on tv, or what’s sold in stores. You can listen to music from an artist with 1000 streams and no physical music sold now.

I also think they’ve lost relevancy because it’s not so easy to just buy 10 copies per person and get it to #1 like it used to be. This is a good thing. A song should not go to #1 just because a group of super fans buys or streams a lot. It needs to have cultural relevancy and have an actual impact. HMC, while huge for Britney fans and pop fans, is not the cultural phenomenon that As It Was is, for example. I’ve seen Super Freaky Girl used as an audio on TikTok quite a few times, and my feed has nothing to do with pop music. HMC does not yet have this reach. 

Not true… people would go out and buy cds in the 2010s…. It has nothing to do with iTunes. I remember going to the music store to buy a  physical single sold as a CD. It’s just now the internet has gotten bigger and crap  music thanks to GEN Z. We no longer have superstars or pop girls any longer. It’s sad really. Being famous used to be exclusive… now it seems every tik Tok or influencer is famous and has watered that down…

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackout Britney said:

Not true… people would go out and buy cds in the 2010s…. It has nothing to do with iTunes. I remember going to the music store to buy a  physical single sold as a CD. It’s just now the internet has gotten bigger and crap  music thanks to GEN Z. We no longer have superstars or pop girls any longer. It’s sad really. Being famous used to be exclusive… now it seems every tik Tok or influencer is famous and has watered that down…

You seem to be upset that more people have access to fame. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

What it means to be a star or superstar has changed. Music trends always change. The generation after gen z will do their own thing and gen z is going to be mad at them. It's futile to hold onto the past and one's ideas of what fame should be or shouldn't be.

7 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Britney Spears is not that vapid. She had 4 of her 5 #1s during the conservatorship.  Did that impact her confidence in any positive way? Those of us who followed her through that time could tell it absolutely didn’t. She was miserable. Her confidence will come with TIME and WORK. 

But the fact that she had only one #1 before the cship is just because most of her singles were NOT released in the US! 

They pushed the album sales this way and it worked out! 

So its hard to compare! 

11 hours ago, Snow King said:

Honestly I think a lot of Brit's fans just grew out of it as they grew up. Most of the fanbase is probably in their late 20s/early 30s or even older, and they no longer have the time and/or willingness for obsessing over chart positions.

Nah, I know a lot of people who were obsessed with Britney back then but became Swifties or ARMY and they're still obsessed with chart positions.

18 hours ago, Easy There said:

His pretty girls meltdown was iconic.

From lawsuits words flying around to ww3 with everyone

18 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Waste of sperm will forever be an iconic drag. :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

Thank God I’m not the only one remembering touchmeangel :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 
the way he taught us to request Britney’s singles on radio will forever GETS me :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, David Blackberry said:

Hi!!!!!

Im from Spain.

i am ready to stream with my VPN for usa and uk ( now top3 .. we need 1)

It's my understanding that those will be filtered out. You should stream it normally and it will be calculated for Spain. Britney likes Spain and would appreciate the support even if it's not a big hit there. 

14 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Tengo entendido que esos serán filtrados. Debe transmitirlo normalmente y se calculará para España. A Britney le gusta España y agradecería el apoyo incluso si no es un gran éxito allí. 

Yes, I have been streaming all week for Spain, but here it is very difficult for her because a lot of Latin is heard. today I wanted to dedicate it to usa and uk

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block