Billboard Hot 100 EARLY predictions: Hold Me Closer at #12

This is great if it happens. In my opinion, charts are way more accurate now than they used to be. Yes, sales are impressive, but just because a song sells the most in one week doesn't mean it should be #1. That's why it's #1 on the iTunes sales charts, not the Billboard Hot 100. The Hot 100 should be a chart of the biggest songs in pop culture right now. As It Was, About Damn Time, Super Freaky Girl and others above HMC on this list are more well known and more often played song right now. Why should HMC be considered #1 if other songs are having broader cultural impact rn?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, TomasBR said:

You talk like this is something new. The same as always. The only difference is that, back then, radio dominated the charts and now is the streaming. The same way the were money being injected in radios to make numbers, there's money being injected in the streaming. Nothing was never organic.

And it's not that hard to understand: you need big streaming numbers to be successful. And it's not about the first impact, like it was back then, it's about longevity. That's why those campaigns to buy songs is innocuous. Sales don't have the same impact, nobody buys music anymore. Depending on the day, you can hit #1 on ITunes with just 1000 sales. That is nothing, and it won't impact charts.

Don't simplify my statement. What isn't new is record labels paying money to promote their artists and their songs, but how that is done is completely new, and it's even more damaging because now it permeates many aspects and spaces of life. Back in the day, you had to turn on and actually listen to the radio to be exposed to whatever was being promoted, but now as soon as you hold your phone you cannot escape ads, so there's a big difference. And it's not easy or clear how it really works either: streaming is just a part of it, otherwise vinyls wouldn't be so popular and important now for example, and even streaming is a lie because in many occasions those numbers cannot be true. Even Britney fans telling others to stream and teaching people streaming tricks is cheating. I don't want to cheat, it should be organic. If we cheat, we're only being part of the problem, and we're perpetuating this awful system.

4 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

This is great if it happens. In my opinion, charts are way more accurate now than they used to be. Yes, sales are impressive, but just because a song sells the most in one week doesn't mean it should be #1. That's why it's #1 on the iTunes sales charts, not the Billboard Hot 100. The Hot 100 should be a chart of the biggest songs in pop culture right now. As It Was, About Damn Time, Super Freaky Girl and others above HMC on this list are more well known and more often played song right now. Why should HMC be considered #1 if other songs are having broader cultural impact rn?

I totally agree. If HMC debuts within the top ten, that would be great, but it shouldn't be number 1 either because my freaking grandma isn't talking about it or humming it in her sleep, so no number one allowed (yet).

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

Thank you, today we focus on UK let's tweet the below:

@bbcr1

Tweet to @bbcr1

@capitalxtra

Tweet to @capitalxtra

@kissfmuk

Tweet to @kissfmuk

@bbcradio2

Tweet to @bbcradio2

@r1breakfast

Tweet to @r1breakfast

@capitaloffical

Tweet to @capitaloffical

@gaydio

Tweet to @gaydio

@heatradio

Tweet to @heatradio

Heart FM

Tweet to @@thisisheart

connect fm radio

Tweet to @connectfmradio

REQUEST! :neydedance_purple:

10 hours ago, zone said:

Why this is Huge?

Is 12 a good number?

Katy has over 43 millions monthly listeners. In the United States, "When I'm Gone" was released on December 29, 2021 and charted in the Bubbling Under Hot 100, before debuting on the primary Billboard Hot 100 chart at number 97 in the week dated February 22, 2022 (almost 2 months after it was released). It peaked at number 90 and that was it

Debuting #12 is pretty HUGE!

:imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Katy has over 43 millions monthly listeners. In the United States, "When I'm Gone" was released on December 29, 2021 and charted in the Bubbling Under Hot 100, before debuting on the primary Billboard Hot 100 chart at number 97 in the week dated February 22, 2022 (almost 2 months after it was released). It peaked at number 90 and that was it

:imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

I think Beyonce Break My Soul also debut at #15 in primary Billboard Hot 100.

1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

That’s Soo Badd.. What an unfortunate queen.. She’s FAB tho.  :orangu_orangutan_ape:   :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block