Britney officially announces "Hold Me Closer" with Elton John

36 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I saw this on another forum and agree:

You are all way too dramatic about Elton. I am the first to admit this is far from my ideal collaboration and I would of course love for Britney to drop an immaculately produced come back single with top tier production, budget, high-end visuals and marketing plan. But at the same time I already made peace with her never actively making music or performing again after all she's done for the past year is be vocal about how the conservatorship ruined her passion for music and how all she wants is to work out with her hot boyfriend and do the things she was not allowed to before. I will therefore gladly take a cover of a song I don't care for in the first place announced via a casual Instagram post with a random fan art if there's even a slither of a chance that this reinvigorates her love for music again.

While I think any new material from Britney would receive attention from the public, everyone needs to tame their expectations when it comes to commercial success. I am not expecting any major marketing push or visuals once this is released (not even a proper artwork at this stage ddd) and that's fine. The only people who are "overhyping" this release are stans themselves and the general public does not give two ****s about charts at the end of the day. Had she released this immediately after the conservatorship was dissolved, I wouldn't be surprised if it went straight to the top of the charts, but it has now been a year and people move on quickly. Let's just enjoy the fact that Britney chose to get back to the studio and take what we can as fans.

OMG.

I had no idea anyone thought this wasn't an "ideal collaboration."

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

From the moment it was announced I've thought it was absolutely perfect.

I think the fanbase is a little delusional when it comes to Britney's "icon" status in the music industry.

She lost that sheen a long time ago, and can really benefit from piggybacking on Elton's reputation.

Britney needs this...Not the other way around.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tobstar73 said:

What a terrible way to announce a single. 
- bad cover art

- what even is the caption 

- why the Selena photo? 

Ok, I thought I was the only one. I’m okay with the caption but that’s a terrible edit and I’m sick and tired of that horrible Selena photo. I know Britney probably thinks it looks cool, but it’s a giant no for me. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block