Britney officially announces "Hold Me Closer" with Elton John

10 hours ago, PoisonParadise90 said:

Of all the good fan edits she chooses this one 💀

Yes and there a reason about that! If only people stop complaining about that cover art and start to really look with their eyes...

And thank you so much for this incredible art @monalisaney81… I appreciate this and all of your support it means so much to me !!!

Go take a look at the other posts from this account... And you will understand why Britney chose this one among so many others and why she said thank you for "this and all of your support"...

• Love 2

I wouldn't want a super polished image either, but yeah I'd rather have less content but with a bit more quality, no blurry screenshots of videos or low quality footage, quotes & internet pictures in her IG story's and not in her posts, same for all her rants and no reposts and less videos with the same content over and over (like her twirling or posing posts).

That way it would look more fresh and still be her.

9 hours ago, Headed Peckerhead said:

:bouncey:OMG

9 hours ago, tobstar73 said:

What a terrible way to announce a single. 
- bad cover art

- what even is the caption 

- why the Selena photo? 

9 hours ago, Complication said:

I love that called attention to a fan account that is FULL of shade towards Kevin and Team Con! :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

9 hours ago, LizeS_ said:

I totally believe she's on Breatheheavy now!!!!

9 hours ago, IconicShow said:

9 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

Has Selena said she didn’t want to be a girl who shows her body? Is this shade

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

not her using the fan edit though :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: iconic

9 hours ago, Complication said:

I think she is implying Selena is one of the friends that lift her up. Selena's dress also says HAPPY so she probably likes that? 

If there was a feud between them, I doubt Selena would still be following her.

9 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

It’s official she’s shading Selena Gomez … she says the exact two quotes from Britney’s post 

9 hours ago, annalai23 said:

Pizza Yes GIF

Though I wish there's a more official announcement about thd single though

9 hours ago, edamamebeans said:

omg britney reposting fan work iconic

9 hours ago, Henry Torres said:

From billion amazing fanarts she chose this one? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

9 hours ago, Lucky☆ said:

What is her deal with that Selena pic? There is a lot of pretty pictures of Selena and she choose that one 🙈

9 hours ago, easy said:

that fan edit isn't the worst i've seen, but i think she highlighted it because of all the posts about kfed with the TRUTH in them. things she can't say herself :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: love that we finally have some hold me closer confirmation!

9 hours ago, SlayOut said:

I almost had a meltdown before realizing that was fan art! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: Song confirmed tho sistren, prepare yourselves! :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

9 hours ago, IamMax said:

THIS IS THE BRITNEY I LOVE OMG

9 hours ago, s&m said:

I like that Britney is so different! she doesn’t act like a celebrity and I love it

9 hours ago, One More Time said:

:OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

THE TAKEAWAY IS SHE TOLD US TO “OWN OWN OWN” SO YALL BETTER BUY THE SONG WHEN IT COMES OUT 

spacer.png

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Kand Dion said:

People need to understand that Britney does not give a **** about perfect releases, perfect pictures etc. anymore. I am pretty sure she will just release some music here and there and just be a chaotic mess, and to be fair if that makes her happy then she has the right to do it :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

I agree, she's just releasing for her and for her own enjoyment and for the fans. She is done with doing things like before.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, tobstar73 said:

What a terrible way to announce a single. 
- bad cover art

- what even is the caption 

- why the Selena photo? 

Hello  dumb Lou Taylor or Jaime Spears…

- the art is Fan made

- caption - it’s beyond your intelligence …don’t even try

- Selena Photo, because she loves her

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Slayer said:

Get over it, this is a free Britney.

Also, Elton was not there in person while recording it, he was on a video call to her.

Some fans are so selfish, her first song in 6 years and all you can do is *****. You’re lucky you’re getting a song at all. Be appreciative.

It has nothing to do with selfishness. Maybe I just have a different attitude towards work than you do. She used to be under guardianship and it was obvious to everyone that she didn't want to work for the Spears clan. No or bad promotion was therefore understandable for every fan. Now that it's their own decision to release new music, I expect more engagement and proper promotion.

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This reeks of selfishness.

She owes you nothing and she doesn't need to the level of 'proper promotion' that you want. Do you want to be her conservator or something?

She's releasing the song for fun, that is it. She's not going to be filming a video for it (highly unlikely), she's not going to be doing interviews for it, she's not going to perform it. This is how things are and deal with it.

You're lucky you're getting anything at all, it doesn't sound like you deserve the song.

So now if one complains about underwhelming career related projects, that means they want her controlled and back in a conservatorship? :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

If she wants to release stuff  just for fun, she should release it for free then. 

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This reeks of selfishness.

She owes you nothing and she doesn't need to the level of 'proper promotion' that you want. Do you want to be her conservator or something?

She's releasing the song for fun, that is it. She's not going to be filming a video for it (highly unlikely), she's not going to be doing interviews for it, she's not going to perform it. This is how things are and deal with it.

You're lucky you're getting anything at all, it doesn't sound like you deserve the song.

You would have to ask Elton John about his ambitions. I don't think Elton would remake one of his classics just for fun. When 2 absolute superstars record a song together, the result goes around the world. This is tough business. Certainly not for fun.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block