Britney officially announces "Hold Me Closer" with Elton John

I don’t think she is roasting/shading Selena - the quote is from a speech where she talks about stopping to pretend to be something she wasn’t, getting real and wanting to know what is in your heart. Britney herself has talked multiple about how she didn’t want people to know bad things were. Now people tell her all the time she shouldn’t share how she really feels because some of her feelings are very dark. I think she chose the photo where Selena isn’t trying to look pretty but looks powerful and confident. Based on Selena’s speech it might also be one of her favorite photos of herself.

• Love 8
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Greg Sargent said:

the frequency and content of these posts reminds me of a lot of the status updates from back when Facebook and Twitter were just popping off and people were just typing into the wind. Not criticizing it. Just trying to understand it the same way people here are trying to understand "own own own own own" as code somehow for an Oprah interview

A lot of my family (older generations) still post like this on FB. I can't understand half the **** they write :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, Pabaroti1986 said:

Ya’ll are missing the bigger picture:

This is Britney calling the shots, making her own post, choosing her own way of announcing a new song, channeling her own creativity, on her own terms.

There is a reason why Blackout is the masterpiece it is because it was Britney who was in control, even during her darkest days.

Forget the “perfect” announcement, the “official” photo shoot, the glitz and glamour that comes with a new single, the orchestrated PR machine.

This is Britney truly in control and I’m all for it.

My thoughts exactly. I completely thought this was the official single artwork because let’s face it, we’re probably not getting real artwork lol. I can’t imagine Britney caring enough about anything other than the art at this point. And I respect that.

I hope I’m wrong of course  :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, Pabaroti1986 said:

This is Britney calling the shots, making her own post, choosing her own way of announcing a new song, channeling her own creativity, on her own terms.

There is a reason why Blackout is the masterpiece it is because it was Britney who was in control, even during her darkest days.

Forget the “perfect” announcement, the “official” photo shoot, the glitz and glamour that comes with a new single, the orchestrated PR machine.

A middle point would be great

Not to be to harsh but if the edit of Britney head and hair was edited a bit more I would absolutely LOVE THIS COVER It was a very good choice actually. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Britney I love how you are not sorry for healing the way you need to and refusing anyone to take any part of your independence away , no matter how hard it must be sometimes.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, s&m said:

I like that Britney is so different! she doesn’t act like a celebrity and I love it

26 minutes ago, Pabaroti1986 said:

These 2. She's being so authentic. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

Even if Britney is in control, Britney or Elton could at least post a recent picture together. Taking a snapshot with your phone while recording shouldn't be a problem these days. No, I'm sticking to my guns, if you want to sell something you have to put in a little effort.

I don't know if this or Elton's posts are the official announcement. I think they only reveal they have a song together and its title but nothing regarding an official date. If that was the case, we would normally get the pre-save link for different streaming platforms. They're yet to reveal it imo.

16 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

I can’t believe she posted my cover. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I made it on my phone in like 30 minutes, didn’t expect Britney to see it. Its not my best but so thankful she likes it. I’m in shock

Congrats ♥️♥️♥️♥️🌹🌹🌹

I'm so jealous 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block