Fan sites are claiming that Lady Gaga’s debut sold more than Baby One More Time

tea gossip GIF by Wendy Williams Drag Race Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I never like when they compare digital eras with physical eras, like no, there's no comparision.:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Then, if they are fans... "...Gaga believed the re-release was too expensive and that the albums were conceptually different, describing them as yin and yang.":tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

And, the EP charted, as new album, so no, they shouldn't add both sales.:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Plus, she got a #1 debut single, you can only do that once and LG did it :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

Britney did it with her album AND single :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud: but we ALL know that :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

I’m a fan of both but…Ugh it was like the time they claimed Gaga revolutionized Vegas with her residency and that she set the trend for people like Adele to have one when Britney was first and many media outlets even acknowledge how she changed the face of Vegas.

as for the numbers, they have to be delusional as Britney came out during a time where buying music is the only way to get access to music so her numbers should be higher than Gaga. I hate when delusional fans stretch the truth. Half of today’s popstars are Britney fans growing up so that tells you the amount of success she had with her debut. Britney deserves to be recognized as a living legend. She came first and paved the way. The monsters can’t rewrite history as they please.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Yall these arent pure sales used its sales and streams. Thats why some of the numbers seem odd. In pure sales The Fame has sold like 15m and 20m with the monster. Either way the list is off. Madonnas debut has sold atleast 12m with streams added and mariahs debut is at 15m with pure sales only. Whitneys and Shanias debut are missing too. The only female debut album which outsells BOM in pure sales is Jagged Little Pill. In streams its close if u combibe fame monster and fsne as one album.. 

but Jagged Little Pill is not her debut.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, stanLOONA said:

tea gossip GIF by Wendy Williams Drag Race Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I never like when they compare digital eras with physical eras, like no, there's no comparision.:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Then, if they are fans... "...Gaga believed the re-release was too expensive and that the albums were conceptually different, describing them as yin and yang.":tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

And, the EP charted, as new album, so no, they shouldn't add both sales.:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Plus, she got a #1 debut single, you can only do that once and LG did it :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

Britney did it with her album AND single :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud: but we ALL know that :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I think it’s actually perfectly valid if they want to compare digital and physical since music sales overall are way down from their 90s peak. 

Also, if they want to add TF and TFM let them the decline between her “debut” and Tank This away sends me everytime.mp3

12 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Yall these arent pure sales used its sales and streams. Thats why some of the numbers seem odd. In pure sales The Fame has sold like 15m and 20m with the monster. Either way the list is off. Madonnas debut has sold atleast 12m with streams added and mariahs debut is at 15m with pure sales only. Whitneys and Shanias debut are missing too. The only female debut album which outsells BOM in pure sales is Jagged Little Pill. In streams its close if u combibe fame monster and fsne as one album.. 

Madonnas debut has sold utmost 7M, her debut was very US oriented didn't sell much outside except UK! 

Jagged sold more than 33M+ so that statement makes sense. 

• Love 1
On 5/8/2022 at 10:25 AM, Avenger said:

They've added single sales into the album, chartmasters have their own invented ratio to concert WW single sales into albums. Like BOMT didn't sell 32M as they've mentioned but they've added digital singles + physical singles and converted them into album same about streaming. 

Most data out there is wrong, and stans don't like to research because why would they? If they were so intelligent they wouldn't be fighting on Twitter with faceless accounts. 

BOMT has sold 27M Worldwide and now 15M eligible in US (streaming included). 

Gaga both combined isn't 15x in us I suppose, idk tho. 

Chartmasters are the sole reason to give such false info to stans, recently Drake label said he sold 37M albums while CM on their own imaginary formula says 105M something 😮💨

Gaga debut didn't sell near 20M let alone 27M like bomt, Gaga fans can stay pressed and deluded britney crown of best selling debut album will not be taken 🥳

5 hours ago, Avenger said:

Madonnas debut has sold utmost 7M, her debut was very US oriented didn't sell much outside except UK! 

Jagged sold more than 33M+ so that statement makes sense. 

ur right about madonnas debut but it has been certified 10m pure in 2022 im pretty sure and when u add stream sales it should be more than some of those albums in the list. Madonnas other successfull eras have helped it sell bcs ppl will check out the first one too after Like A Virgin, True Blue etc.

I hate when people do this. Britney’s accomplishments came way before the age of digital music. It was a lot harder to hit those kind of milestones like she did with BOMT and Oops. I remember the cheapest copy of BOMT being $14, and having to beg my mom to buy it for me. She worked hard for those certifications.  

• Love 6
  • Like 2

Why are we even discussing this?

1) Britney's debut was a cultural reset, a smash. Worldwide. Period.

2) GAGA HERSELF claims that "Chromatica" is her SIXTH studio album.
It's all over the graphic design for all releases.

EWNq6FcWAAIWI0R?format=jpg

So she counts her studio albums as:

1. The Fame
2. The Fame Monster

3. Born This Way
4. ARTPOP
5. Joanne
6. Chromatica

And, needless to say, TF and TFM are two completely different albums sonically.
If they claim to be Gaga stans and they don't even listen to her... Double the delusion.
Her discography page on Wikipedia is wrong as well.

And if they are going to say crazy shiz, then at least post the sources so people can check. This is clearly a desperate move from Gaga stans. Like, get in line.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

And let's be honest, it was also a desperate move from Gaga and her team to release "The Fame Monster" alongside "The Fame" because that way TFM would count as double CDs, so double the selling numbers.

I know there was a standard edition with only the 8 new tracks (though I'm not sure there was a physical release of this, I should check on Discogs...), but we didn't get that one here in Argentina, we had to buy both CDs... Again. I actually have "The Fame" twice, it's so stupid. So Gaga clearly new TFM was artistically a completely new release, it's full of NEW songs! But her and her team decided to promote it as a reissue back then, just so they could add TF and make it count as double sales.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Some Little Monster on that YouTube video is claiming TF had the biggest era of all-time surpassing Michael Jackson’s Thriller in pure sales and everyone else. :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

omg they are crazy, how old are they, thirteen?!

• Haha 3
On 5/8/2022 at 5:39 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Recently, I’ve seen many Lady Gaga fan pages on YouTube and Instagram claiming that because The Fame Monster is an EP and a continuation of The Fame that the combined figures count as the sales of her debut album. We’ve all known Britney’s debut is the highest selling amongst her contemporaries and no other female has come close to those numbers with their debut. It’s pretty laughable that these stans will do the most to inflate their faves’ numbers

Do you think Lady Gaga’s sales for TF and TFM should be combined or are they two separate albums? I’ve always considered them separate albums and the whole idea of an EP is incredibly cheap and tacky. 

spacer.png

LMFAO Gaga stans are notorious for coming for Britney every chance they get it. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I mean, The Fame Monster is an EP, but in what world does that account for the original debut's record sales? That... doesn't make sense. At all. Lady Gaga effing slayed when she came onto the scene, but Miss Spears is and has always been top dog.

Emphasize Reality Show GIF by NETFLIX

• Love 2

The Fame monsters was only sold as a standalone album in the states..

Internationally the only way to get it was to rebuy the fame..

Universal Music international was mad she asked to change the album. 

She said it was too expensive for her tsrget audience to buy a double album, and it was much smarter to sell the project separately. 

Interscope said yes, intentionally she was denied..

The Fame is at 15 Million worldwide (2009 standards yes it would outsell Britney circus album), but that's because her label forced fans to rebuy the fame for the 8 brand new songs internationally.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block