Fan sites are claiming that Lady Gaga’s debut sold more than Baby One More Time

On 5/8/2022 at 2:25 AM, Avenger said:

They've added single sales into the album, chartmasters have their own invented ratio to concert WW single sales into albums. Like BOMT didn't sell 32M as they've mentioned but they've added digital singles + physical singles and converted them into album same about streaming. 

Most data out there is wrong, and stans don't like to research because why would they? If they were so intelligent they wouldn't be fighting on Twitter with faceless accounts. 

BOMT has sold 27M Worldwide and now 15M eligible in US (streaming included). 

Gaga both combined isn't 15x in us I suppose, idk tho. 

Chartmasters are the sole reason to give such false info to stans, recently Drake label said he sold 37M albums while CM on their own imaginary formula says 105M something 😮💨

Gaga debut didn't sell near 20M let alone 27M like bomt, Gaga fans can stay pressed and deluded britney crown of best selling debut album will not be taken 🥳

Chartmaster is not bro lol, streaming conversion to EAS is! It’s so easy to get a platinum song…Cardi B’s album all songs are platinum…because of such a low standard for streaming platinum, I bought baby one more time and have played it almost 5000+ times in digital format..but it was counted as one sale…but in streaming it is equivalent to 30+ copies…

RIAA get money to issue certification…more certification is more money! So they are degrading their standards! 

there is no way Taylor Swift is edging Britney in album sales but album equivalent sales are a joke now

• Like 2
On 5/9/2022 at 9:07 AM, filmandstage13 said:

Yes, The Fame and The Fame Monster are the same album because the Grammys always nominate the same album for Album of the Year in two different years :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

That’s not because Katy Perry released Teenage dream reloaded in which part of me went number 1 , but teenage dream is recognized only for 5 number 1 not 6! 

also don’t even let me get started on Grammy and those resist panels 

1 hour ago, Sourab Patodi said:

That’s not because Katy Perry released Teenage dream reloaded in which part of me went number 1 , but teenage dream is recognized only for 5 number 1 not 6! 

also don’t even let me get started on Grammy and those resist panels 

I think the Teenage Dream re-release situation is a bit different. The Complete Confection was a whole new album sold by itself, but TFM was bundled with The Fame in some countries, which is why there's so much confusion about whether TFM counts as its own album or as part of The Fame.

And of course there's also the fact that some people count TFM as an LP while others consider it an EP. The whole thing is really confusing. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: This is why The Fame's sales numbers should be ignored since there will never be a definitive answer.

2 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Chartmaster is not bro lol, streaming conversion to EAS is! It’s so easy to get a platinum song…Cardi B’s album all songs are platinum…because of such a low standard for streaming platinum, I bought baby one more time and have played it almost 5000+ times in digital format..but it was counted as one sale…but in streaming it is equivalent to 30+ copies…

RIAA get money to issue certification…more certification is more money! So they are degrading their standards! 

there is no way Taylor Swift is edging Britney in album sales but album equivalent sales are a joke now

Chartmasters is not correct tho, there's no formula for converting physical sales into eas even worldwide streaming is incorporated but not everywhere and YouTube views only incorporated in couple of countries so their formula is incorrect. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block