Fan sites are claiming that Lady Gaga’s debut sold more than Baby One More Time

5 minutes ago, Applejack said:

i dont mean anything, just posted it to compare lol, but yeah, there are some gymnastics in these numbers.

Oh but I don’t doubt the numbers at all. Gaga felt like the second coming of Britney and right when Britney herself was having her comeback. Gaga disappointed 3 years later with Tank This Way. But 2008-09 was massive for her. Britney’s Telephone did that. :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

33 minutes ago, Applejack said:

CSPC-Britney-Spears-albums-and-singles-s

Chartmasters website is by MJD he runs this and he hates Britney he was on ukmix for years and after he opened this website he deflated her numbers even more there. 

His formula is made up, 1500 streams =/=worldwide sales loads don't even have any certs let alone any streaming. 

Singles sales into album only 3-4 counties do, etc etc. 

Drake label said he sold 37M albums recently while according to his made up formula Drake has 105M something units hilarious how Many believe it. 

He coverts 11750 views = 1 album sale and adds into the unit, while this doesn't exist. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

The streaming equivalent units whatever formula is still not very accurate. Pokerface, Just Dance, and Bad Romance are huge on streaming, while Baby One More Time is the only song that carries thr BOMT era. 

I'm still surprised Britney singles and albums did not receive their correct RIAA certifications though.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

LOL. Dua Lipa 12 million in the streaming era. britney spears no GIF

oh wait :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

those little lanna and little lipa numbers are wildly off by the furthest stretches.

there’s no way either of them have crossed 7 million CSPC WW to date. Please no. :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Chartmasters website is by MJD he runs this and he hates Britney he was on ukmix for years and after he opened this website he deflated her numbers even more there. 

His formula is made up, 1500 streams =/=worldwide sales loads don't even have any certs let alone any streaming. 

Singles sales into album only 3-4 counties do, etc etc. 

Drake label said he sold 37M albums recently while according to his made up formula Drake has 105M something units hilarious how Many believe it. 

He coverts 11750 views = 1 album sale and adds into the unit, while this doesn't exist. 

if Britney’s numbers are greater than ChartMasters puts them at and I agree, after years of combing the internet for receipts, I personally think they probably are, I would be beyond elated because ChartMasters already puts them so high. Like that is a fabulous run that makes Britney look smaller than behemoths like Mariah, Madonna, and Celine, but well above anyone who debuted after her. Honestly, Gaga’s numbers seem even a bit too high, and while we’re at it Adele and Taylor’s numbers are similarly suspect. These are the big three success stans use nowadays and they get their receipts from ChartMasters almost exclusively. We need to investigate this MJD fellow. :gunriah_mariah_carey:

34 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I just don't know how we can consider The Fame and Monster the same era - same with Kesha's Animal and Cannibal. They felt like 2 different eras to me. Both felt like Sophmore albums. What's next? Adding up Taylor's original releases and the Taylor's Version sales to inflate her records??

Yes her fans told MJD to do that, they also cry about china sales so they add that for her too while there will never be any info on old acts. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

if Britney’s numbers are greater than ChartMasters puts them at and I agree, after years of combing the internet for receipts, I personally think they probably are, I would be beyond elated because ChartMasters already puts them so high. Like that is a fabulous run that makes Britney look smaller than behemoths like Mariah, Madonna, and Celine, but well above anyone who debuted after her. Honestly, Gaga’s numbers seem even a bit too high, and while we’re at it Adele and Taylor’s numbers are similarly suspect. These are the big three success stans use nowadays and they get their receipts from ChartMasters almost exclusively. We need to investigate this MJD fellow. :gunriah_mariah_carey:

But Britney's nos aren't higher they are punctured all the way through - with my estimations she sold around 5M DVDs (best selling DVD pop artist of all times) and 87M+ albums it can be 90M around also but I like my numbers to be a little conservative same goes for chart analysis people who aren't biased. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Avenger said:

But Britney's nos aren't higher they are punctured all the way through - with my estimations she sold around 5M DVDs (best selling DVD pop artist of all times) and 87M+ albums it can be 90M around also but I like my numbers to be a little conservative same goes for chart analysis people who aren't biased. 

…Baby One More Time: 30-35

Oops!… I Did It Again: 20-27

Britney: 14-17 

In the Zone: 15-18

Blackout: 4-7

Circus: 9-12

Femme Fatale: 5-9

Britney Jean: 1-2

Glory: 1-2

Total:

99-129 million album units sold combining pure sales, singles sales, streams across all streaming platforms including video, and everything else that should apply when measuring consumption of an album unit in 2022

I like how we both got around 90 million conservative estimates, although mine was significantly higher at 99.

I forgot about her compilation and remix albums. Like, the receipts are definitely there. Britney has absolutely sold at least 100 million albums and at least 80 million pure. I want to be conservative about it too, but I know the receipts are there, I’ve seen them and I can find them and provide them to anyone who has a question about any figure above. Let’s say an article said Britney (2001 album) sold 10 million worldwide published in 2003. 20 years later, with streaming and downloads, that sucker has definitely moved a few (million) more units. Let’s not downplay THE Queen here. I won’t stand for it.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:

…Baby One More Time: 30-35

Oops!… I Did It Again: 20-27

Britney: 14-17 

In the Zone: 15-18

Blackout: 4-7

Circus: 9-12

Femme Fatale: 5-9

Britney Jean: 1-2

Glory: 1-2

Total:

99-129 million album units sold combining pure sales, singles sales, streams across all streaming platforms including video, and everything else that should apply when measuring consumption of an album unit in 2022

I like how we both got around 90 million conservative estimates, although mine was significantly higher at 99.

I forgot about her compilation and remix albums. Like, the receipts are definitely there. Britney has absolutely sold at least 100 million albums and at least 80 million pure. I want to be conservative about it too, but I know the receipts are there, I’ve seen them and I can find them and provide them to anyone who has a question about any figure above. Let’s say an article said Britney (2001 album) sold 10 million worldwide published in 2003. 20 years later, with streaming and downloads, that sucker has definitely moved a few (million) more units. Let’s not downplay THE Queen here. I won’t stand for it.

I can share all my receipts and even have people from soundscan thats how I get her latest US info. 

She has sold more than 85-87M pure a least, and there's no way to add streams for WW figure so you can use any methodology. 

In the US she's at 47M albums as of now. 

The 47M figure is with streaming for US. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Avenger said:

I can share all my receipts and even have people from soundscan thats how I get her latest US info. 

She has sold more than 85-87M pure a least, and there's no way to add streams for WW figure so you can use any methodology. 

In the US she's at 47M albums as of now. 

ok so let’s just round her overall record units to 200 million and call it a day! 

:thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

I remember telling people she sold 200 million 10 years ago. If I was lying then maybe I won’t be now!

:thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

Oh but I don’t doubt the numbers at all. Gaga felt like the second coming of Britney and right when Britney herself was having her comeback. Gaga disappointed 3 years later with Tank This Way. But 2008-09 was massive for her. Britney’s Telephone did that. :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

That's because it was presented that way.

Don't forget that she had Perez Hilton saying she had all these #1 Hot 100 singles she didn't actually have. They were using the Dance Charts as if they were the actual Hot 100.

I was a huge Gaga fan at the time, but she was nowhere near the level of superstardom that was Britney, or even Christina, when they had hit the scene.

• Love 1

Yall these arent pure sales used its sales and streams. Thats why some of the numbers seem odd. In pure sales The Fame has sold like 15m and 20m with the monster. Either way the list is off. Madonnas debut has sold atleast 12m with streams added and mariahs debut is at 15m with pure sales only. Whitneys and Shanias debut are missing too. The only female debut album which outsells BOM in pure sales is Jagged Little Pill. In streams its close if u combibe fame monster and fsne as one album.. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block