Jump to content

Fan sites are claiming that Lady Gaga’s debut sold more than Baby One More Time


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Idk when this trend happened, but I just started seeing this **** recently 


It’s funny because I’ve been combining TF and TFM numbers as a drag against Gaga, apparently they’ve taken the bait yet again. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, runoncoldfire said:

And furthermore BOMT from my quick search says 25 million so I’m not sure this chart is exactly accurate lol. I’m not saying the numbers I’ve found are also 100% correct, but the fact that both are off seems suspicious!

Legit theyve been saying 25 mil since it came out, i should know because ive been a fan since the beginning. No way in hell she hasnt sold more than the initial numbers in the last almost 25 years. So i call shenanigans on it still being the same amount 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, G-unit said:

Lmao the “EP” is practically an entire album.  I always considered it a full album, what was it 8 songs? 
but yeah not a single song from TF appears on TFM, two completely separate pieces of work…you don’t just combine sales of two different pieces of work :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I couldve sworn tfm was an extended version. Like a rerelease? Because i thought it had the new tracks plus a handful of songs from the debut??? But even then its still a diff album, u cant combine the 2. And again she noway in hell sold more than brit regardless. If thats the case we take the 30 mil and the other 20+ mill for the 2nd album and combine that. Logic:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Oh yeah let's combine the sales of two different eras and tell everybody we're the best :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

I'm amazed how some fans would even discredit Madonna for what she did 30 years ago just because their idol has to be #1 :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
Link to comment

They've added single sales into the album, chartmasters have their own invented ratio to concert WW single sales into albums. Like BOMT didn't sell 32M as they've mentioned but they've added digital singles + physical singles and converted them into album same about streaming. 

Most data out there is wrong, and stans don't like to research because why would they? If they were so intelligent they wouldn't be fighting on Twitter with faceless accounts. 

BOMT has sold 27M Worldwide and now 15M eligible in US (streaming included). 

Gaga both combined isn't 15x in us I suppose, idk tho. 

Chartmasters are the sole reason to give such false info to stans, recently Drake label said he sold 37M albums while CM on their own imaginary formula says 105M something 😮💨

Gaga debut didn't sell near 20M let alone 27M like bomt, Gaga fans can stay pressed and deluded britney crown of best selling debut album will not be taken 🥳

  • Love 7
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, britneybits2022 said:

Who even cares? They were both very popular in different eras and sold a lot. They are both talented. 

It’s called having integrity and obviously a lot of people care. They both sold a lot, but the point here is that Britney still sold more and they’re downplaying that achievement 

  • Love 5
  • Like 2

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to comment
  • Exhale+

Even combined it didn’t reach 36M copies sold. What even is the source for these numbers? 
 

even if combined does that mean Gaga only has 4 albums released during her a decade and a half long career? That’s less than her peers like Katy Perry, Rihanna and even Kesha. And no OSTs and duet albums don’t count.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, bas che said:

Even combined it didn’t reach 36M copies sold. What even is the source for these numbers? 
 

even if combined does that mean Gaga only has 4 albums released during her a decade and a half long career? That’s less than her peers like Katy Perry, Rihanna and even Kesha. And no OSTs and duet albums don’t count.

Probably a made up source they saw someone make and just ran with it 

  • Love 2

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to comment
9 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

And why would they even want to do that? It just makes the drop between TF/M and BTW look even more dramatic, I, oop-

spacer.png

these numbers are wrong. TF + TFM combined ain't all that

unless they're getting "records" mixed with "albums"

oh yeah, they are lmao

  • Love 3
Link to comment
39 minutes ago, Applejack said:

these numbers are wrong. TF + TFM combined ain't all that

unless they're getting "records" mixed with "albums"

oh yeah, they are lmao


I say let them win the battle and lose the war. 
 

so what if Gaga had a bigger debut?

 

what’s obvious is that her SOPHOMORE didn’t pull in even HALF the numbers!

 

Britney’s sophomore sold more than 2/3 of her debut.

 

Basically, even a bigger debut just helps the narrative that Gaga peaked with her debut and roughly fell off HARD. Britney literally had a solid 5 years at the top, four FULL LENGTH STUDIO LONG PLAY LPs that each sold more than 15 MILLION copies worldwide, there’s no comparison in longevity. :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:


I say let them win the battle and lose the war. 
 

so what if Gaga had a bigger debut?

 

what’s obvious is that her SOPHOMORE didn’t pull in even HALF the numbers!

 

Britney’s sophomore sold more than 2/3 of her debut.

 

Basically, even a bigger debut just helps the narrative that Gaga peaked with her debut and roughly fell off HARD. Britney literally had a solid 5 years at the top, four FULL LENGTH STUDIO LONG PLAY LPs that each sold more than 15 MILLION copies worldwide, there’s no comparison in longevity. :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

CSPC-Britney-Spears-albums-and-singles-s

  • Love 4
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Applejack said:

CSPC-Britney-Spears-albums-and-singles-s


Yes, and ??? What did you want to say with this? The numbers in Britney’s particular chart are at least 3 years outdated. Britney and ITZ have almost definitely surpassed 15 million worldwide CSPC, ITZ might have even gotten there quicker. With three of her biggest streaming hits, Toxic, Everytime, and Outrageous. 
 

If anything, that is a MUCH more stable chart than Gaga’s, right? 
 

Blackout and Femme Fatale are past 5 million CSPC. Like Britney is literally the third most recent female artist to score TWO diamond albums. Gaga had one then tank. She has not recovered as a solo popstar. Britney delivered two back-to-back ITZ-sized smash eras with Circus and FF. Gaga has not had that longevity… at all. Not in the eyes and ears of the GP, anyway.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:


Yes, and ??? What did you want to say with this? The numbers in Britney’s particular chart are at least 3 years outdated. Britney and ITZ have almost definitely surpassed 15 million worldwide CSPC, ITZ might have even gotten there quicker. With three of her biggest streaming hits, Toxic, Everytime, and Outrageous. 
 

If anything, that is a MUCH more stable chart than Gaga’s, right? 
 

Blackout and Femme Fatale are past 5 million CSPC. Like Britney is literally the third most recent female artist to score TWO diamond albums. Gaga had one then tank. She has not recovered as a solo popstar. Britney delivered two back-to-back ITZ-sized smash eras with Circus and FF. Gaga has not had that longevity… at all. Not in the eyes and ears of the GP, anyway.

i dont mean anything, just posted it to compare lol, but yeah, there are some gymnastics in these numbers.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block