Choreographer Brian Friedman claims that he created the concept for the Overprotected Remix music video

28 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Brian came up with the “baby one more time” concept, costumes and original concept choreo! He also actually wrote half the song! Give him his credit!!

Really? It was Britney’s idea to have the video set in a school. 

2 hours ago, Rik said:

He also was Britney’s body double so technically she did nothing and he actually is Britney 

I should’ve known!!! He was the one who did the round-off, back hand spring! :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

2 hours ago, Isla said:

Really? It was Britney’s idea to have the video set in a school. 

I was just joking. Baby was all Britney’s idea. 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Rik said:

I mean it’s more of a tribute!
Wikipedia:

Spears directly referenced Janet Jackson's "Son of a Gun (I Betcha Think This Song Is About You)" in the scenes on the elevator and when she and her dancers walk down the hotel lobby. Both videos also use the same hotel setting, filmed at Los Angeles' Millennium Biltmore Hotel.[32] 

Oh of course! Janet is Britney's biggest and truest inspiration.

4 hours ago, ChaosMoogle said:

He probably did create the concepts

Britney most definitely added her input if he did

Regardless of what happened, I can 100% guarantee the record labels marketing team insured it would appear to be Britney’s creation and Britney would have to say so.

The record label isn’t gonna come out and have the main celebrity say, “Yeah, I didn’t do this” That’s why we don’t find out another celebrity rejected a song first till sometime later. It’s not good marketing.

We only get “leaks” or tailored scandals plus what they want us to see. We’ll never know ALL the ins and outs of ANY celebrity. If we ever did, on that day, the illusion of Hollywood would shatter before our very eyes.

"leaks" have nothing to do with Team B whatsoever.

30 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

"leaks" have nothing to do with Team B whatsoever.

I wasn’t talking about Britney Spears specifically. I mean the industry as a whole. Most “leaks” are tailored in Hollywood. Just how this Pete, Kim, Kanye drama was fodder for the new Kardashian show. It’s an industry thing.

I agree Britney’s case has been very different since and because of the conservatorship. However, we are talking about her art pre-conservatorship so everything I said about the industry would apply to Toxic and Overprotected. Especially back in the day, the narratives were more tightly controlled.

I agree with this being a rocky territory because nobody really knows. We speak from the perspective of people whose gaze was kept on one point only and that was Britney's stardom. We can't be truly objective. Also, pop is well known to be prone to stealing credit in the most nefarious and sneaky ways. Having said that, some things about his story seem off. Specially, the fact that he said not a.word back then, while she was taking credit and now he is speaking, even when in tje Making The Videos, he was credited as choreographer and she claimed to have come u with the concept. Why twenty years later and not make a riot then? Wasn't she the biggest pop star in that moment? Now, I agree that, many of these artists have a trope behind  them and many.times their teams want to steal credit from others. It is well known, but why would Kevin and Joseph also support this, specially Kevin being a creator and choreographer himself? Putting a freaking pic of something on Twitter doesn't prove anything. I could say I wrote a video treatment for Don't Let Me Be the Last ro Know from kindergarten and take pictures of something I wrote yesterday. 

Soemthing seems a bit off.

I don't get the hate for Brian... He helped create some of Britney's most iconic moments. He no doubt had creative input on some music videos too... And Britney obviously took some ideas, changed some and added some... 

If he was responsible for the concepts of her biggest music videos then he deserves credit, it takes nothing away from Britney... We know she had creative input but these are more like scenes, ideas i.e Toxic Diamond Scene, Over protected Elevator Scene, Everytime Dying Scene, the tappy shoes in the HIAM fight scene (😂), and the cage in original MM video. 

We need to give credit where credit is due, even if he needs to stfu sometimes... We all know how annoying it is when someone claims responsibility for our ideas I would want recognition too! Back then the music video was a massive part of the songs success. 

15 hours ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

I actually believe Brian, but this is so irrelevant for what is happening nowadays also Jody wasn't in the picture until now right? 

Why he mentions her in that Candies shoot?

Anyway probably Britney doesn't give two turds about this.

Jody wasthe 'caretaker' that jamie brought on.

Team con and the media didn't bring Jodie up untill Britney's boys got a restraining order against Jamie, and she took over the supervision of visitations with her kids.

She was around before, but just wasn't in the known. But when Jamie turned scorched earth, she was the safest replacement as far as team con was concerned, and they moved her into the spotlight and portrayed her as being a softer and more sensible professional conservator (which she probably was compared to Jamie, but she was still team con and made a living out of being a conservator).

I don't think he is lying, but after all this years is this news? Who cares? Has he done something other that is more relevant recently? People try to bring the attention to themselves once a year because they worked with B 20 years ago... like...find another artist and do epic things again.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block