Choreographer Brian Friedman claims that he created the concept for the Overprotected Remix music video

The concept actually came from Britney’s genius choreographer @brianfriedman which I discovered years later.

If you remember, last year, Brian also tried to take credit for creating the concept for the Toxic music video, in which he also claimed to write the treatment for I Love Rock & Roll.

Britney herself has stated that SHE created the concepts for both the Overprotected Remix and Toxic videos. 

What do you think, Exhale? What could be the reason behind Brian hijacking Britney's flowers and trying to paint the picture that HE was the creative force behind Britney's visions and success?

I wouldn't usually start a thread like this, but I am FURIOUS. :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Love 5

I don't get this man, I mean of course he has the talent but he seems to think that he was the only one behind britney. I remember he talked on 20th slave anniversary calling britney her perfect muse I mean come on, britney also put her ideas and efforts! 😒

He is always trying to take all the credit I don't get it. 

• Like 5

I think he helped but I think its clear that Britney made it into her own vision and she's taking credit for that. I understand how Brian must be feeling because the initial brainstorming came from him ... but, what ultimately transpired was Britney's vision. So to say it's his "concept" ... I guess that's subjective. He goes on and on about all his efforts to overshadow the fact that, maybe all his ideas weren't in the video ultimately. 

It's like when Britney works on singles with different artists. Yeah, they bring the ideas, but ultimately, Britney makes it her own in her own way which makes it 100000000000000000000xxxx better, I'm sorry. Imagine a video without the diamond scene? :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

• Like 1

An idea is just an idea until it's put to paper.

Britney may have come up with the idea...But if Brian was the one that actually sat down and wrote out how one scene flowed into the next, along with the characters, locations, choreo, etc., then yes, Brian can take credit for writing the treatment or concept.

https://www.resolvemediagroup.com/post/music-video-treatments-what-why-and-how

• Love 1
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

An idea is just an idea until it's put to paper.

Britney may have come up with the idea...But if Brian was the one that actually sat down and wrote out how one scene flowed into the next, along with the characters, locations, choreo, etc., then yes, Brian can take credit for writing the treatment or concept.

https://www.resolvemediagroup.com/post/music-video-treatments-what-why-and-how

Still doesn’t mean he should take credit for the whole thing! He made it come to life along with Britney! That was his job that’s what he was hired to do. Also Brian freedman’s choreography would’ve been nothing without Britney who made his drill soldier choreography look natural and s*xy

Brian freedman must be feeling very insecure if he’s trying to tear down Britney’s accomplishments. 

• Like 1

I need to be honest, he’s talented but he also literally is not the person soley responsible for Britney’s dancing. Talent is talent and if Brian was a huge musical and dancing genius, he would be the person we would be stanning and talking about 

but we aren’t so he needs to chill no offence 

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Still doesn’t mean he should take credit for the whole thing! He made it come to life along with Britney! That was his job that’s what he was hired to do. Also Brian freedman’s choreography would’ve been nothing without Britney who made his drill soldier choreography look natural and s*xy

Brian freedman must be feeling very insecure if he’s trying to tear down Britney’s accomplishments. 

That's not the way it works.

Whoever puts it to paper gets the credit...That goes for film scripts, books, songs, and anything requiring creative writing.

• Like 2

I can believe him, but the details are so specifically Britney, both in Toxic and Overprotected. Janet teas, the bodyguards, the laser scene. She's even credited as a co-choreographer in Toxic because of the laser scene. He is saying he wrote the treatment, but to me it seems the concept/story was created by both Britney and himself, which are different things.

But anyways, ever since the conservatorship was enacted, Brian has been so passive aggressive on Britney which is weird. He was bad mouthing her in 2011-2013, didn't want to talk anything to do with her, then started talking about her again, was on the train saying "the conservatorship is a good thing for her!".

• Like 7

Why are people liars until proven truthful? The verbiage of this title is so shady. Why would he lie? And even if he is lying it’s just weird that that’s the way things are now. “You’re wrong/scheming/lying until we find out you’re not.” You’re asking exhale to crowd around and make an accusation based on zero merit. None of us know. Why are we voting to condemn him?

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block