Will Smith smacks Chris Rock for joking about his wife Jada, Update: Will apologizes, banned from Oscars for 10 years

1 hour ago, MIKE_INT said:

There are thousand and thousand of women living in terrible domestic violence everyday in US where authorities cannot really act, or dont want to, so thankfully I'm not American and knowing how rotten and ridiculous the whole US system is I have no desire to be...

I still dont think when one man slap another for insulting his wife, more in front of the whole world, making fun of her health condition is an assault and it is deserved.

I still think it was staged tho, I'm sure if Will slapped him that hard he would end up worst haha

So just let me repeat, here is bunch of "woke" people criticizing him for promoting violence and yet almost in all TV series, shows and movies there is much harder violence during day time TV, where are those people in that case:?

Amen

In my opinion, one evil doesn't diminish the other. Yes, of course there are far more serious, important and maybe real issues going on in the world. Like, duuuh! Nobody died, none of those rich, privileged, famous men is going to become poor or be castrated, lol! This is stupid as many other things where we might stop and read or write. But apples being rotten don't make the bitter orange any less bitter. I mean, I am commenting on an absolutely vapid shattei idiotic possibly fake act, because every now and then, I waste my.time, as well as that of those kind enough to read and answer back, which I appreciate by the way, with non transcendent thoughts.

Having said all of that, to me, the real issue here is not whether it was real or not, or who is right between those two. None is right and it's very likely that it is clickbait. Rock was an ***, Smith was entitled and totally out of place and the bigger picture here is that this whole thing, even in it's fakeness, shows that people are willing to negotiate their own beliefs if the subject doing something wrong is "cool", "famous" nd his narrative is that of "peace and love", evenif his actions are clearly opposite. Did Jada die because of what this dude say? Was she going to loose or keep more or less hair? Is she terminally ill? Nope that we know of. We just have a situation that portrays how (to use your term) "woke" society says something is "Karen", "reprehensible", but as soon as the dude has fans and "is super likeable and funny and Jesus! he defended his freaking wife y'all, we women should have a man like that. Men should be like that (sic)" (defended her of what, exactly? A stupid joke? Be like what, reckless and entitled?) The whole clarity goes to trash and it is excusable. Saying he was out of place, according to you, is "woke" (in my understanding, referring to a way of dealing with things in which the individial takes offense at everything in a very stupid, ridiculously sensitive manner) yet, in the logic you present, claiming the joke was damaging to his wife is not woke? And him punching a comedian mid ceremony is not peak cancel culture? Ok.  Quite interesting perspective of yours, I have to say.  

he deserved what he got

everyone would call chris flop a racist if he was white

or call chris flop disgusting if jada had cancer over alopecia

making a joke about a black woman’s hair while a mostly white audience laughs at her expense.. hm, meanwhile those same celebrities run to twitter to preach about how we should protect black women from sh.it like this lol

people are free to react how they want just as chris flop is free to make his little treehouse jokes

if you’re going to open your mouth then be prepared to deal with the repercussions 

4 hours ago, Blackout2007 said:

So fake. Social media is flooded with bots commenting the same “reactions” over and over. Twitter has suppressed search terms like “will smith fake” and “will smith staged” from my own research. That’s always my test to see if the media is spinning a narrative. Plenty of people think it’s fake but Twitter is not promoting those tweets bc this whole controversy serves the system as a way to generate ratings and clicks.

the only thing that draws questions for me is why would will agree to make himself look like a fool. But he did win the Oscar so it could have been promised to him if he gave them a big newsworthy moment. He could have been paid and/or promised future oscars as well. 

If Britney's situation taught us anything, it's that nothing in Hollywierd is as it seem's.

Here's my two cents - the wife has made him look like a complete c-u-c-k and the internet has been dragging him for it for years now.  Will finally snapped.  He needed to do something to 'regain the power', Rock gave him his opportunity on a global stage.

The whole family is bat **** crazy because Will seems incapable of stepping up and leading his wife and kids away from the Hollywierd ****show.  Here's the comment that'll get me banned - Will Smith is what happens to good men when they marry woke a-- femin-a-z-*-s.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, allthat88 said:

I don’t think the joke was terrible. 
i don’t blame Will for defending his wife. 
I do think will hitting him was a bit much!

im all over the place with this. But the fact that Jade as alopecia…maybe she had a really hard, traumatic time shaving her head & Will is responding after watching his wife struggle & being upset. 

i get it  but I don’t condone it   It’s a strange line b

This 1000%! I'm not even a sensitive person who thinks comedians should stop but not everything needs to be a joke and I was confused at first but after rewatchng it I truly think he saw his wife hurt and snapped. 

It may seem harmless to us but  no telling how much she has struggled with this privately and he's the one who sees all that hurt. It makes sense and  celebrity or not you gotta protect your family. 

I don't think it matters that some people "lost repsect for him" he's a human who made a mistake out of the need to protect his wife and then apologized. He will be better for it in the end.

Also I don't get the Britney comparisons in here. I wish she had someone stand up for her like he did for Jada. Maybe that would of put a stop to hate train.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, allthat88 said:

im all over the place with this. But the fact that Jade as alopecia…maybe she had a really hard, traumatic time shaving her head & Will is responding after watching his wife struggle & being upset. 

This makes it worse. Why did Will laugh initially then?

11 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Wills been a laughing stock all year by his wife sharing her sleeping with another man. So he took the opportunity to show how “manly” he is. But all it showed Was how much of a 🐈 he is. 

That was my first thought as well! Jada had made such a fool out of Will on her show, the anger must have built up. I really don’t like the Smiths :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: They are a messssss :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block