Will Smith smacks Chris Rock for joking about his wife Jada, Update: Will apologizes, banned from Oscars for 10 years

100% staged.

1. Will laughed at first

2. Chris didn't bleed, didn't look hurt in any way and by the looks of it, if the punch were real, you'd definitely be on the ground and not making jokes.

3. This is aired. If something like this happens, camera's turn away in like 5 seconds, the fact that it stayed focussed on Chris and Will means the camera team knew about it. They also would either go to commercial or anything but they definitely wouldn't show Will's reaction afterwards.

4. During the entire thing not a single security guard/medical team showed up. Even if you're the Queen, punching somebody in the face like that will get you thrown out.

This was sooooo cringe to watch.

• Haha 1
  • Like 4

Well, staged or not, everybody already forgot anything else, so the lamecademy is surely happy.

I think this is peak cancel culture nonetheless and "in your face" disgusting privilege. Through the years, I have heard worse jokes.

I mean, not that I agree with taking people looks to joke, but this was not a mental issue or something extremely serious. People were far more cruel with Britney and nobody blinked. Now, I am not saying that fact dissipates that some jokes cross lines, but this was far from truly insulting.   Speaking of privilege, people turned on X Factor, American Idol to see people be exploited by producers and humiliated by judges. There were many cases of suicide after that. Judges were very disrespectful and mean, many times judging people for their clothes, weight, age, accents or looks, while producers knew some of these contestants were not doing that well (Paula Abdul's stalker, for example) and yet, they were put on the spotlight, in the worst possible ways. Each of those, far more vulnerable and way less privileged individuals, would have been prosecuted for doing the exact same thing to any of the judges. Why is Smith receiving a standing ovation? That just goes to show that we truly live in a society where there is absolutely no fairness or congruence. We apply criteria entirely to our convenience.  Smith literally applied cancel culture in a physical way. Here and elsewhere online, I have read many objecting to cancel culture, which is in many ways toxic. Here and elsewhere online I also read: "good for him". I mean, really? Was anybody truly insulted or endangered? If Kanye West had done this, the world would be saying he is inestable, but Smith is a good husband? Not that I am a West fan, but please. This is not the same, but not that different to the whole Taylor/Kanye VMA saga. I get it that she wasn't making jokes about him, but these kind of antics scream WRONG. Because, let's be real, the only reason why Smith got away with this, is because he is famous. Any average person in a comedy show does this and he or she would have been escarted out with a cop on each side, called a Karen or a person with anger issues. Was the joke ok? No, but it wasn't so terrible either. This doesn't make him a nice husband. To me, it just shows someone going through something and a society with a total bias on it's values, cheering acts that would have been fiercely fought against if another person had been the protagonist.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Rest in peace comedy..

The first true victim of canvek culture. 

Nobody can take a joke anymore 

It's already there, human needs for satisfaction is next. 

People siad it tokk a decade to kill comedy. 

Don't think s** is the next victim of thjs culture. 

Already we have people saying it's overrated that's where it starts

"Can't tell a joke"

Literally told a joke on one of the biggest platforms.

• Haha 1

Are we seriously calling a slap an "assault" and "promoting violence" when almost in every US produced tv series and movie much harder physical violence is portrait on daily base during day time TV?

He made fun of his wife physical appearance which is caused by auto-immune disease , if someone would say that about my wife, sister, friends, mother ... he would get much more than just a slap.

For those who called his behavior  "ghetto" , would you use the same term if Will was white?

It was a slap, he was not hurt, it was just to show that even comedy has it boundaries.

ALSO: how do we know this was not actually staged? Im sure there is an few seconds delay for the TV broadcasting and yet it was all shows including the swearing ...

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

• Love 2
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

Are we seriously calling a slap an "assault" and "promoting violence" when almost in every US produced tv series and movie much harder physical violence is portrait on daily base during day time TV?

He made fun of his wife physical appearance which is caused by auto-immune disease , if someone would say that about my wife, sister, friends, mother ... he would get much more than just a slap.

For those who called his behavior  "ghetto" , would you use the same term if Will was white?

It was a slap, he was not hurt, it was just to show that even comedy has it boundaries.

ALSO: how do we know this was not actually staged? Im sure there is an few seconds delay for the TV broadcasting and yet it was all shows including the swearing ...

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

I still keep that fact of it being staged in mind. 

Now, just bringing something up, a slap is, indeed, typified as assault or battery, depending on the jurisdiction, but yep, absolutely any "non celebrity" individual slapping.someone.else can be, in the least, finned by authorities. So, it's not us calling a slap an act of violence, it's actually American law. 

So fake. Social media is flooded with bots commenting the same “reactions” over and over. Twitter has suppressed search terms like “will smith fake” and “will smith staged” from my own research. That’s always my test to see if the media is spinning a narrative. Plenty of people think it’s fake but Twitter is not promoting those tweets bc this whole controversy serves the system as a way to generate ratings and clicks.

the only thing that draws questions for me is why would will agree to make himself look like a fool. But he did win the Oscar so it could have been promised to him if he gave them a big newsworthy moment. He could have been paid and/or promised future oscars as well. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The only one justified to slap him (IF at all) would have been Jada and NOT Will Smith! I don't understand why HE defends HER when HE was laughing at first and Jada being the one insulted. SHE should have gone upstairs and told him that this joke was just not funny at all. THIS would have been the best reaction.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bigno said:

I still keep that fact of it being staged in mind. 

Now, just bringing something up, a slap is, indeed, typified as assault or battery, depending on the jurisdiction, but yep, absolutely any "non celebrity" individual slapping.someone.else can be, in the least, finned by authorities. So, it's not us calling a slap an act of violence, it's actually American law. 

There are thousand and thousand of women living in terrible domestic violence everyday in US where authorities cannot really act, or dont want to, so thankfully I'm not American and knowing how rotten and ridiculous the whole US system is I have no desire to be...

I still dont think when one man slap another for insulting his wife, more in front of the whole world, making fun of her health condition is an assault and it is deserved.

I still think it was staged tho, I'm sure if Will slapped him that hard he would end up worst haha

So just let me repeat, here is bunch of "woke" people criticizing him for promoting violence and yet almost in all TV series, shows and movies there is much harder violence during day time TV, where are those people in that case:?

Amen

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block