Will Smith smacks Chris Rock for joking about his wife Jada, Update: Will apologizes, banned from Oscars for 10 years

I honestly don’t really care but If I’m sharing an opinion, I’d say they were both in wrong. Jokes are fine but not at the expense of someone who openly talked about her health condition and how it made her feel. He took it too far.

On the other hand, instead of having an adult conversation, Will acted like a frat boy punk who uses violence to show the world that he’s a man. Grow up.

On top of it all, he completely diminished his first Oscar win because at that point, no one cared. He just looked foolish. The only thing he brought to light was that he has a short fuse and needs anger management.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

There are thousand and thousand of women living in terrible domestic violence everyday in US where authorities cannot really act, or dont want to, so thankfully I'm not American and knowing how rotten and ridiculous the whole US system is I have no desire to be...

I still dont think when one man slap another for insulting his wife, more in front of the whole world, making fun of her health condition is an assault and it is deserved.

I still think it was staged tho, I'm sure if Will slapped him that hard he would end up worst haha

So just let me repeat, here is bunch of "woke" people criticizing him for promoting violence and yet almost in all TV series, shows and movies there is much harder violence during day time TV, where are those people in that case:?

Amen

Well that is called acting. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ***yLove said:

You misunderstood. Obviously, the US is rampant with violence, but resorting to violence because of a joke is not something condoned or representative of the US. 

I mean... I'm pretty sure it's a possible common problem around the world, depending on individiuals. Never have I ever heard that being associated with Middle East in my entire life. That comparison was super random and pointless :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

at the cost of a woman who is struggling during a difficult time.

Is it really that serious though? She obviously looks great without hair. 95% of the other woman in the audience were wearing wigs or hair extensions. Any male actor over 35 has had transplants and/or is on a powerful daily dose of finasteride and minoxidil. It's not really a serious or uncommon diagnosis.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, wixbix said:

I mean... I'm pretty sure it's a possible common problem around the world, depending on individiuals. Never have I ever heard that being associated with Middle East in my entire life. That comparison was super random and pointless :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

You never knew that making a joke about the Prophet Muhammad is likely to cause a violent reaction? Well, now you know.

I recommend you read about the French newspaper, Charlie Hebdo.

36 minutes ago, maki93 said:

Some comments in this section are ridiculous. When Katy joked about Britney's mental health, we made sure to call her out.

Now that it is Jada Smith, it becomes a matter of "snow-flake generation"? The double standards.

Anyway, this looked staged as hell and was totally uncalled for. 

alopecia sucks but it’s not that serious. Saying she would star in GI Jane 2 isn’t even offensive. I’m sure jada would love to actually get an acting role again

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaiden said:

The punch is a consequence of the snowflake everything-is-offensive fragile behavior of people nowadays.

I Disagree. I believe comedy should be protected however there should be a line. There are people calling Will classless for what he did but think it's funny to make a joke out of a very real situation. 

Have we learned nothing from Britneys situation? I would think out of all places a mainly britney forum would understand the repercussions of laughing at someone else expense

I guess that makes the majority of us snowflakes because we didn't like it when they did it to her. We didn't find it funny to make fun of her very real situation.

Very much a double standard he did what he felt needed to be done.

But let's not discredit Chris either he handled it so well and professionally and he will for sure profit off of this. He came out looking like the bigger man.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

You never knew that making a joke about the Prophet Muhammad is likely to cause a violent reaction? Well, now you know.

I recommend you read about the French newspaper, Charlie Hebdo.

You are bringing up a religious and political situation which has too many layers in itself bigger than the joke itself. It's a completely different topic than Chris Rock's joke and Will Smith's reaction. If you can bring up a statistic of number of the fights caused by some  low jokes between friends by every region in the world then we could talk about it.  

Also US is THE place to lose your **** over the most basic jokes and cancelling people, destroying careers left and right, which is a form of violence in cyber sense. So I would actually defend that this Oscar incident is such a US thing, this is what Twitter people would do before Twitter :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: 

2 minutes ago, wixbix said:

You are bringing up a religious and political situation which has too many layers in itself bigger than the joke itself. It's a completely different topic than Chris Rock's joke and Will Smith's reaction. If you can bring up a statistic of number of the fights caused by some  low jokes between friends by every region in the world then we could talk about it.  

Also US is THE place to lose your **** over the most basic jokes and cancelling people, destroying careers left and right, which is a form of violence in cyber sense. So I would actually defend that this Oscar incident is such a US thing, this is what Twitter people would do before Twitter :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: 

No, the comparison stands. The topic is humor and violence. It shouldn't matter if the joke is about one's religion, one's wife, or one's disease - violence is never the answer. Here, you have every right to say whatever you want, and there may be social consequences, but never government consequences, and certainly never a violent consequence. Cancel culture is absolutely not a form of violence, don't make such a silly comparison. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block