Britney Has Still 3 Albums Left Under RCA

1. Blackout 15th Anniversary Edition 

2. New Album

3. Baby One More Time 25th Anniversary Ed. 

4. Greatest Hits 

Done! 😛

*I’m sure the Anniversary Editions normally wouldn’t count as new releases, but with enough new material, and given the circumstances, I’m sure they can make it work. With a big enough push they’d do well also! Maybe even get Blackout that #1 peak it deserves (considering 60k can take you there on the right week nowadays). 

• Love 4

Maybe. Maybe not. It’s hard to compare what happened with other artists and their record contracts when Britney has a very unique legal situation, she was under a conservatorship at the time the contracts were signed and had no legal right to get into contracts herself. Now she’s free and can get into contracts herself. If she wants out of her contract she can have her lawyers look it over and advise her.

I think criminal convictions would help her. But perhaps even if just criminal charges are filed against certain people involved in the conservatorship/management of her career, she’ll have an even stronger case, and have an even easier time to try and get out of contracts.

I don't think the rerelease of Glory or even that Oops anniversary vinyl thing that got released in 2020 count as 'new albums' unfortunately. She still has three studio albums left to release with RCA.

It's a shame she (or they, her team probably made her) resign her contract with them after Britney Jean came out. She deserves to be on a better label. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, andreafly1 said:

As far as i remember, Britney renewed her contract with RCA in 2014, where the label basically gave her more 'creative control' and at least 4 albums to record whenever she wanted to do so.

Glory is one of the four albums by contract, so now she still has 3 left! :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

Since Britney is, at the moment, rightfully refusing to work in any form, will RCA start looking forward her unreleased material in the near future as a way to fulfill her obligations?

I honestly wouldn't mind at all a boxed set with all her best unreleased remastered catalogue form each era, tbh. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Thoughts? :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

oh i think i remember that in the past it was said she only had to release one more after glory....

4 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Then why releasing it and milking 2 songs as ''singles''?

I do think they pumped it as a ''release'' and they'll probably make more dry, boring vinyl only releases to finish her contract

They were NOT singles!! :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Where were the music videos for Mood Ring and Swimming in the Stars? :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block