Britneys residency was good..Katys show looks awful!

I seriously don't know why anyone would bother attending a Katy concert/residency show tbh. I mean she doesn't dance and can't sing well live, so what exactly is the appeal of her shows? The Sesame Street props and visuals? I'm literally flabbergasted as to why some people truly believe that a venue with only a 5,000 person capacity is somehow going to earn Katy $5 million every single night. It's crazy. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Britney’s Vegas show was average. It was cheap for an artist of her caliber. Her team clearly wanted the show on a budget. People went to see because it was Britney but I highly doubt people were blown away by the show itself. 

I mean the tree was among the biggest production and it kept breaking and looked really clumsy. I won’t even begin on her going on tour with it :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

I thought Katy’s show looked okay 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 5

I really think the two residencies are different:

I think Katy needs the help with all these props and huge production for her performance. When I think about Katy, this residency does fit her character. But without all these things, I wonder if I would find her residency boring. Her residency is a Teenage Dream era 2.0

For Britney on the other hand, I could watch Britney sit on a swing and lip Lucky and i'd be mesmerized. Britney's residency was so tame compared to Katy's, but it's because she doesn't need all these HUGE props to take up the stage. POM 2.0 was lit ... well for their budget anyways to create the show. Looked cheap LOL

Not for me at all, but from these two videos Katy and her team have a clear vision and image- I think that’s what post-conservative Britney lacked. Since she was excluded from the planning and forced to do **** her team wanted none of it seemed authentically her or  have any clear connection to her.

I really would have loved to see Britney take this performance route in some songs as she stared to dance less- hand held mic, singing 60% along to pre-recorded track with backup singers. I think that’s really what Britney’s concerts have lacked as she relied less on dance.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

This...

Whilst *****ing about the 2 above artists who sold out shows for being themselves with amazing music and production and didnt need cheap gimmicks like tooth paste and toilet roll !! :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

At this point i just don't get it..its fun and im all for fun..but i cant take katys career seriously because she doesn't..

Britney asked permission to sing live and prove herself,  katy chooses to talk to toilets..i really dont want to comoare or praise POM but im gonna give credit where its due

I thought POM was slightly immature for britneys past tours (but she was under cship)

Katys residency looks like it was made by a cheap children's tv show..fun.. but just no :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

Sorry guys thats my opinion 

Agree on every thing for Katy Perry! 

POM in person experience was amazing ! It was one of its kind! Britney actually did a great job ..I agree some of her dance moves were sloppy but she had a full 90 mins show 

• Love 3

Katy's residency actually looks super fun. It's everything you go to Vegas for...Super campy and cheesy and completely out of the ordinary. I cannot in good conscience say Britney's show was better. She compared the experience to be being trafficked. She was forced to perform with a fever. She was forced to perform songs she did not want to perform. She was forced to not perform songs she wanted to perform. She had no voice. No input. No freedom.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Britney’s Vegas show was average. It was cheap for an artist of her caliber. Her team clearly wanted the show on a budget. People went to see because it was Britney but I highly doubt people were blown away by the show itself. 

I mean the tree was among the biggest production and it kept breaking and looked really clumsy. I won’t even begin on her going on tour with it :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

I thought Katy’s show looked okay 

Femme Fatale was her last high profile tour. They put effort on it. But Vegas is just to see Britney not for the performance or props.

3 hours ago, Whyshouldibsad21 said:

Apples and oranges. Please don’t compare the two shows though…Britney was forced and really did not want to be there. She was not creatively satisfied and it showed. Katy does bring energy and probably creative input so it seems more alive to me. Love both of them though, wish we would stop comparing girls to each other :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Nopz! It’s a fresh apple vs one in trash! 

kP show is bad! My friend saw it and it was horrible 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Im sorry..I'm not one to troll but wdf is this ?? It looks so cheap and terrible..:cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette: it looks like a childs birthday party .. i know britney paved the way for younger audiences but jeez..who are seriously the audience? 13 year olds? .... britneys may have been mostly lip synched but atleast she pushed for a more mature look (within her actual power) 

The intro is awful...as in head ache inducing..

ADVERTISING

Skip
Ads by

I couldn't help but notice the random hands in the background similar to britneys make me vma performance.. 

Tbh i wasn't expecting much from katy but this is so much worse than i thought and its only the intro and first song.. katy is a children's entertainer who can sing im sorry but her image is completely fake..probably most fakest pop girl in music..stage presence wise.. theres dancing toilets in katys show..take from that what you will... britney tried to add new material (alien) and they deliberately started the song without her mic..take from that you will.. 

Im not being a troll im really not,  but for someone like katy who is following in the steps of legends (whilst slagging of those legends) has come out with a show that looks more cheap, more tacky,  more childish and more impersonal that what britney did and britney had guardianship..it just makes me respect britney more.

im not saying i dislike katy , i like rise and the one that got away ..im just saying you couldn't pay me to watch this show..it just looks awful.. sorry. 

thoughts?.. honestly watch it its just :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white::ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

Agreed,

It looks extremely cheaply made...

And anyone saying CGI is expensive to produce... Uh it's 2021,

You can now produce CGI on a home laptop, it ain't expensive when this show would have cost millions to produce...

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block