Britneys residency was good..Katys show looks awful!

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The jealousy :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: This is literally Katy's aesthetic 

Who is Jealous? R u delusional?

no one ever said they want to be Katy Perry or Katy Perry did something in her entire career which changed the industry! It’s other way round 

katy is always jealous of britney and TS

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Im not..its just for someone thats been around for 10 + years i expected something a little less...childish ..like i said it means nothing to me..i just couldn't help but suddenly have more respect for britneys.. 

I would never compare artists.. comparing residencies is different 

At least shes enjoying it and really sings. Thats what matters i think

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, KrisJ said:

The props seem ok and it’s catering to Katy’s bubble pop era and fanbase..she actually looks like she’s enjoying it unlike Britney and there’s no 1000000 tics and fixing hair every 1 second. 

I noticed the dancers holding the prop sticks to the wire prop more than the actual wire prop.. britney had tics after 4 years to cope..of course katy should look like shes enjoying it ..im saying the cheap props..im saying..the show is so gimmicky ..i just dont get it.. i wish i did but i dont... i like britney, i like marina and the diamonds, i like theatre and comedy .. i just don't like this..she's talking to a toilet.. and and thats part of the show :ehidk_britney_um_eek: ..britney tapped her knee and people went nuts ..im entitled to my opinion..katys show is NOT for me.

• Love 1

I’m not a Katy fan, but that intro ****s on Piece Of Me intro any day. You all need to stop bashing Her residency cause we just look pressed as a fan base. And this is coming from someone who can’t stand Katy and loves Britney. But I’ll give credit where it’s due, and her live singing makes it already better than Piece of Me. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Who is Jealous? R u delusional?

no one ever said they want to be Katy Perry or Katy Perry did something in her entire career which changed the industry! It’s other way round 

katy is always jealous of britney and TS

This...

Whilst *****ing about the 2 above artists who sold out shows for being themselves with amazing music and production and didnt need cheap gimmicks like tooth paste and toilet roll !! :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

At this point i just don't get it..its fun and im all for fun..but i cant take katys career seriously because she doesn't..

Britney asked permission to sing live and prove herself,  katy chooses to talk to toilets..i really dont want to comoare or praise POM but im gonna give credit where its due

I thought POM was slightly immature for britneys past tours (but she was under cship)

Katys residency looks like it was made by a cheap children's tv show..fun.. but just no :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

Sorry guys thats my opinion 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Rose coloured glasses?? Im simply saying the show seems tacky to me.. this is a forum, an exchange of idea's.. i didnt say britney's was superior,  nor did i praise it generally.. im just stating that for me its beyond watchable..maybe im missing something... i didn't realise katy had always been like this so this kind of shocked me.. shark puppets and dancing toilets is just a bit too much for me...

You only have to watch her super bowl Halftime show that's where the shark is from it was a meme.

That's the point you as a non Katy fan (not even knowing the shark or the eye being from witness era...) Pointing out how bad her show is when all it is is fan service with imagination. So basically everything that's been missing from POM.

I mean come on I follow her singles and nevertheless know that stuff and that's why I'd say this is right up her ally and fits her image whereas you are kind of clueless and hate on it therefore.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

I’m not a Katy fan, but that intro ****s on Piece Of Me intro any day. You all need to stop bashing Her residency cause we just look pressed as a fan base. And this is coming from someone who can’t stand Katy and loves Britney. But I’ll give credit where it’s due, and her live singing makes it already better than Piece of Me. 

Britney had voice actors in 2 of her shows..perez hilton and some french whispering , both edgy, both set a certain tone... this random guy talking about 'perrie playhouse' is just immatue

And the animation looks so cheap,  it lacks hype..its lacks any sense of creativity 

Katy cant make a intro of her hits because britney did it first ..with a big orp prop, effects ,musicians and dancers... that is more expensive and ****s all over a animation intro ..

Wow i actually praised POM

..pom is better.. in my opinion :wink_britney_everytime_white:

5 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Im sorry..I'm not one to troll but wdf is this ?? It looks so cheap and terrible..:cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette: it looks like a childs birthday party .. i know britney paved the way for younger audiences but jeez..who are seriously the audience? 13 year olds? .... britneys may have been mostly lip synched but atleast she pushed for a more mature look (within her actual power) 

The intro is awful...as in head ache inducing..

ADVERTISING

Skip
Ads by

I couldn't help but notice the random hands in the background similar to britneys make me vma performance.. 

Tbh i wasn't expecting much from katy but this is so much worse than i thought and its only the intro and first song.. katy is a children's entertainer who can sing im sorry but her image is completely fake..probably most fakest pop girl in music..stage presence wise.. theres dancing toilets in katys show..take from that what you will... britney tried to add new material (alien) and they deliberately started the song without her mic..take from that you will.. 

Im not being a troll im really not,  but for someone like katy who is following in the steps of legends (whilst slagging of those legends) has come out with a show that looks more cheap, more tacky,  more childish and more impersonal that what britney did and britney had guardianship..it just makes me respect britney more.

im not saying i dislike katy , i like rise and the one that got away ..im just saying you couldn't pay me to watch this show..it just looks awful.. sorry. 

thoughts?.. honestly watch it its just :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white::ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

Can't agree with this. 

Not saying that Britney's show was bad, specially after the revamp, but this  goes well with Katy's persona and concept + the production looks really well done.

Maybe you don't really follow her, but her aesthetic was aways like this. Not a kids show, but camp and bubblegum pop.

• Like 1

she's always relied on cheap humor and unfunny jokes throughout her career, at least since the Hot n Cold video, that's why I've never stanned her despite liking some of her early songs, I just cringe with most of the stuff she does, and it just got worse as years went by, for ME.

But for people that have liked all the stuff she's put out through the years, this is exactly what they're gonna love, this is like the epitome of Katy Perry, black hair and everything.

20 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

You only have to watch her super bowl Halftime show that's where the shark is from it was a meme.

That's the point you as a non Katy fan (not even knowing the shark or the eye being from witness era...) Pointing out how bad her show is when all it is is fan service with imagination. So basically everything that's been missing from POM.

I mean come on I follow her singles and nevertheless know that stuff and that's why I'd say this is right up her ally and fits her image whereas you are kind of clueless and hate on it therefore.

No i get the sharks from her previous... i just dont get it.. i dont see how its marketable as her as an artist..its cheap and tacky..but hey thats her market i suppose 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Britney had voice actors in 2 of her shows..perez hilton and some french whispering , both edgy, both set a certain tone... this random guy talking about 'perrie playhouse' is just immatue

And the animation looks so cheap,  it lacks hype..its lacks any sense of creativity 

Katy cant make a intro of her hits because britney did it first ..with a big orp prop, effects ,musicians and dancers... that is more expensive and ****s all over a animation intro ..

Wow i actually praised POM

..pom is better.. in my opinion :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Perez was during the Circus tour. 
French whispering? Wow we get amused easily

Hits intro is extremely tired and done many times, next.

Britney herself could’ve done better with the intros. Especially compared to her DWAD tour intro. So we really have no room to be judging anybodys concert. 

Lets not forget her just appearing behind her band with a cape and a oversized hat and calling that an intro. Like girl, please. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

No i get the sharks from her previous... i just dont get it.. i dont see how its marketable as her as an artist..its cheap and tacky..but hey thats her market i suppose 

Well talk again when she brings lighting sticks on the stage and two oversized clothing rackets. That was cheap:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Like 2

Every opinion is totally valid. Having said that, as much as the concept is not my thing, I have to agree with people saying she is doing herself and she has an audience. Reduced, but she does.

And sorry but I have to also agree with those saying POM was not good. Katy's energy is cool and present. I am not criticizing Britney, I would have been as angry as she was, but the vibe is different. Katy doesn't look pissed or uncomfortable. It looks like actual money was invested, unlike POM. Cheap? Check POM. It looked so meh for a Vegas show. You can tell team con were cheap as heck. At least Perry invested in actual props and visuals.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block