Britneys residency was good..Katys show looks awful!

I feel like Katy haters have failed in their quest to get everyone else on the bandwagon. They were somewhat convincing originally at making her look unlikable as she herself can be pretty cringe... but they just keep going, and punching down and it's just kind of pathetic now. Katy is doing a show that matches her aesthetic of camp. Just because it isn't your cup of tea it doesn't make it bad... it just makes it not for you, which is fine. No need to say it's awful or be so negative about it. Let her do her thing, and leave her be. It is really upsetting when people treat Britney badly, or talk bad about her and I'm sure it feels just as bad as a Katy fan to see her get hate. Don't yuck other peoples yum and just let people enjoy things. Life is way more fun when you aren't so negative and willing to just rip things apart for the sake of it. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Femme Fatale was her last high profile tour. They put effort on it. But Vegas is just to see Britney not for the performance or props.

And even that tour was kind of meh. The most Vegas show Britney has, imo, is her Circus Tour and her energy  definitely in DWAD. 

OMG WTF is this :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

The entrance was lame AF. Are there only like 20 people screaming? :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Why is a power cable attacking her while she is playing a doll, disappearing and coming back. I don't get it. I really don't :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

One last thing...not a ******* backstage guy turning the big chair. Aren't the dancers supposed to do that to not break the illusion of the show? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

WTF IS THIS...someone should call the police

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

New year, new pitting women again…

Oprah Winfrey Oops GIF by WE tv

Wow...what a completely s**ist thing to say ..me saying i dislike katy perrys childish residency is NOT pitting women against each other.. also its 2022.. no one actually pits artists against each other anymore..and why do you have to specify women?? Thats not the point of the thread.. 

adam levine and Charlie puth have very similar voices and there songs could easily be released by either artist ... am i pitting them against each other? No..  am i insulting them ? No..  do you think that was insulting..no.. 

Having a personal opinion is not an insult , just because you dont agree with it does not make it about you , so take your 'pitting women against each other' comment and ****ing delete it..you have no idea what you are talking about. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Wow...what a completely s**ist thing to say ..me saying i dislike katy perrys childish residency is NOT pitting women against each other.. also its 2021.. no one actually pits artists against each other anymore..and why do you have to specify women?? Thats not the point of the thread.. 

adam levine and Charlie puth have very similar voices and there songs could easily be released by either artist ... am i pitting them against each other? No..  am i insulting them ? No..  do you think that was insulting..no.. 

Having a personal opinion is not an insult , just because you dont agree with it does not make it about you , so take your 'pitting women against each other' comment and ******* delete it..you have no idea what you are talking about. 

It’s 2022 and you were the one who made this thread comparing two female artists against each other :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:just saying.

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, Benjamyn said:

Agreed,

It looks extremely cheaply made...

And anyone saying CGI is expensive to produce... Uh it's 2021,

You can now produce CGI on a home laptop, it ain't expensive when this show would have cost millions to produce...

Thats all im saying.. when i first saw it on YouTube i honestly (before watching it) thought "oh cool this could be interesting"

I was appalled with how cheap it looked.. the animation looks so cheap.. and when i say cheap i mean tacky.. it looks like an app advertisement for a game.. but to make that the intro.. so every show,  the same childish animation..maybe I've been spoilt by the likes of britney but this set, the props, dancers dressed as toothbrushes :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:.. i just dont like it.. i can imagine theres definitely fans that do.. but i wouldn't personally wouldn't pay a penny.

(dont be mad kp fans,  it's no insult to you.. its just not for me)

6 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Thats all im saying.. when i first saw it on YouTube i honestly (before watching it) thought "oh cool this could be interesting"

I was appalled with how cheap it looked.. the animation looks so cheap.. and when i say cheap i mean tacky.. it looks like an app advertisement for a game.. but to make that the intro.. so every show,  the same childish animation..maybe I've been spoilt by the likes of britney but this set, the props, dancers dressed as toothbrushes :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:.. i just dont like it.. i can imagine theres definitely fans that do.. but i wouldn't personally wouldn't pay a penny.

(dont be mad kp fans,  it's no insult to you.. its just not for me)

This isn’t Britney or JLo’s style that we are talking about! This is Katy Perry. She literally had whipped cream shoot out of her chest at one point? What were you expecting?  :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

• Like 1

The concept is good if your into that kind of thing i guess... 

But why is she being chased around by giant plug adaptors when she can barely breathe as it is :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

She sounds bad lbr. Hopefully she works on her stamina. This show would bore me to death but I can see how others may enjoy it... 

(trying to be positive in 2022 :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:)

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

The concept is good if your into that kind of thing i guess... 

But why is she being chased around by giant plug adaptors when she can barely breathe as it is :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

She sounds bad lbr. Hopefully she works on her stamina. This show would bore me to death but I can see how others may enjoy it... 

(trying to be positive in 2022 :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:)

To be fair it's her first real show after a break and giving birth.

I'm sorry but i don't agree with you at all.

For me, POM was 90% trash.

And from what I've seen from Katy's show, it looks interesting. Campy and creative. It does look expensive and the fact that she made it being a FREE artist puts it in a total different light than POM.

Might not be your taste but it is far from bad.

• Love 1

Both shows are similar in taste and talent, in my opinion. 

What I don’t understand is this. Why the hell do y’all come on here just to purposefully be negative. Good lord the energy it takes, and the time it wastes!

if you aren’t interested in Katy Perry, here’s a rough concept. Just skip over her videos and ignore it 😊 Problem solved, and your mature self won’t be insulted by her “childish, birthday party” imagery 

also… just to play devil’s advocate. You can’t compare any who’s designing their show and singing it live to Britney because she did neither. She’s confirmed herself that she was done with the show and didn’t want to perform it anymore. So at this point we should be silent on it, and not using it as an example to dismantle other people’s art. Katy Perry may not do it for you, but the living doll concept is clever and it works for a lot of people. Each their own I guess. 

personally, If I were in Vegas I’d stop by this show for the performance of “Lost” alone. Stunning song

I don’t like that you have to tear down Katy to praise Britney. Just because Britney is the blueprint doesn’t mean Katy’s show has to be like Britney’s. Also the wackiness of her show is something you can create when not under a conservatorship…

I’m not saying Katy’s show is good but definitely sounds like katy pissed in your fruit loops :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block