What are your fave albums from each decade?

80’s - Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl

honestly- Paula was the original Britney... everyone wants to say Madonna, but just watch Paulas Cold Hearted music video and you will see. It’s very I’m a Slave 4 U VMA energy. 

paula abdul 2019 bbmas GIF by Billboard Music Awards

90’s - Spice Girls - Spiceworld

So iconic, can’t wait for the new movie next year with all 5 girls. I remember doing the Spice up your life routine for the talent show twice at 2 different events 😂

spice up your life GIF by Spice Girls
this is the routine I did if you wanted to know. Yes it’s the movie version 😂

00’s - Britney Spears- Blackout

during this time I was one of the last standing Diehard Britney fans. It had become “cool” to hate on her, people wanted to write her off, and there was even a competition on a radio station to guess the date she was going to pass away (which was absolutely disgusting)- But I never rallied harder for her and stuck up for her as much as I did during these times. I also made so many people into Britney fans. ❤️ And Especially with everything going on these days I’m so proud to say that I never stopped supporting the queen. This will always be my favorite era because I did go so hard for her. I probably would have literally slapped someone for badmouthing her 😂 oh to be 19 again *le sigh*
Gimme More Blackout GIF by Britney Spears

10’s Girlicious - Rebuilt

I was addicted to their show. PCD presents: Girlicious - Robin Antin formed this girl group on tv, sadly they got screwed over by getting put in a Canadian contract with Universal which stopped their music from being released anywhere but Canada (which made zero sense as all the girls are from the U.S.)- rebuilt was their second album, with one less girl. I love Tiffany, but this album was so good. 

(ugh, can’t believe it’s age restricted... just go watch on YouTube, the song is Maniac if you don’t wanna click the link 😂

20’s Lady GaGa Chromatica 

it’s too early to tell, but so far it’s Chromatica, I watched some of her interviews when the album was coming out and it just felt like a true return to form. Back to being full pop star GaGa. ❤️
Lady Gaga Love GIF by Apple Music

♥️🧡💛💚💙💜

• Love 3

Whew. Let’s do this. 

40s : The Voice of Frank Sinatra by Frank Sinatra (perhaps the only album from that era I listened to so ergo, favorite)

50s: Johnny Cash with his Hot and Blue Guitar! By Johnny Cash

60s: Let It Bleed by The Rolling Stones

70s: Rumours by Fleetwood Mac (Heart like a wheel and anything by Elton are close seconds)

80s: Thriller by Michael Jackson (it was close between this, Bad, Rhythm Nation, Nebraska, Born in the USA, and Like a Virgin.)

90s: Nevermind by Nirvana (jagged little pill, in utero, Spice, The Chronic, Come On Over, and Miseducation of Lauryn Hill could also be number one). 

00s: Back to Black by Amy Winehouse (Home by the Dixie chicks, future***/lovesounds, college dropout, the black album, The Con, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Viva la Vida, and For Emma Forever Ago are up there for me too)

10s: Sound & Color by Alabama Shakes (shout out to Anti, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Lemonade, I Love You Honeybear, Carrie & Lowell, AM, 21, By The Way I Forgive You, Golden Hour, The Weight Of These Wings, and Melodrama)

20s: Evermore by Taylor Swift (really enjoyed Folklore, Surface Sounds, and SOUR)

Anyone a fan of these?

• Love 3

I love this thread! I'll try to choose 3 per decade but it'll be so hard :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

80's:
George Michael - Faith
Madonna - Like a Prayer
Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation 1814

90's:
Aaliyah - One in a Million
Shakira - Dónde Están los Ladrones?
George Michael - Older

00's:
Aaliyah - Aaliyah
Britney Spears - Britney
Christina Aguilera - Stripped

10's:
Christina Aguilera - Bionic
JoJo - Jumping Trains (Agape if unreleased albums don't count)
Nelly Furtado - The Ride

20's:
JoJo - good to know
Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA
Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Horonable mention to Velvet Rope by Janet; Daydream, Butterfly, Rainbow and Charmbracelet by Mariah; Full Moon by Brandy, Oral Fixation Vol. 1 & 2 by Shakira; ITZ, Blackout, Circus, Glory by Britney and Liberation by Xtina :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

80's:

Madonna - Madonna

Madonna - True Blue

Madonna - Like a Prayer

90's: 

Janet - The Velvet Rope

Madonna - Erotica

Kylie Minogue - Impossible Princess

00's:

Britney - In the Zone

Madonna - Confessions On a Dance Floor

Kylie Minogue - X

10's:

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite

Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

Miley Cyrus - Bangerz

20's:

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Honorable mentions: Stripped, Blackout, Good Girl Gone Bad, The Fame Monster, Kiss Me Once, Anti.

Love this thread!  I've listened to a lot of older music my whole life, so I love seeing other people's favorites! Here are mine:

1950s: Buddy Holly by Buddy Holly (Second album)
Other contenders: Elvis by Elvis Presley, They're Off and Rolling by the Everly Brothers

1960s: Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys
Other contenders: Abbey Road by The Beatles, Bookends by Simon & Garfunkel, Younger than Yesterday by The Byrds, If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears by The Mamas and the Papas

1970s: Parallel Lines by Blondie
Other contenders: Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel, Fear of Music by Talking Heads, Pieces of the Sky by Emmylou Harris, Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen

1980s: Remain in Light by Talking Heads
Other contenders: Purple Rain by Prince, Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson, She's So Unusual by Cyndi Lauper, Actually by Pet Shop Boys

1990s: EVITA Soundtrack
Other contenders: When the Pawn.. by Fiona Apple, Spilt Milk by Jellyfish, ...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears, janet. by Janet Jackson

2000s: Blackout by Britney Spears
Other contenders: Back to Black by Amy Winehouse, In the Zone, by Britney Spears, Chutes Too Narrow by the Shins, Britney by Britney Spears

2010s: The Archandroid by Janelle Monae
Other contenders: Lemonade by Beyonce, The Idler Wheel... by Fiona Apple The SMiLE Sessions by The Beach Boys, Strange Mercy by St. Vincent

2020s (so far): Fetch the Bolt Cutters by Fiona Apple
Other contenders: Women in Music Pt. III by HAIM, What's Your Pleasure by Jessie Ware, Plastic Hearts by Miley Cyrus

90s: Bedtime Stories, janet., Ray of Light, Supernatural, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, The Velvet Rope

00s: Back to Black, Celebrity, College Dropout, In the Zone, Music, Oops I Did It Again, Renegades, Songs in A Minor, The Marshall Mathers LP, Under My Skin

10s: 4 Your Eyez Only, Channel Orange, good kid maad city, Nothing Was the Same, Swimming, Thank Me Later, thank u next, The 20/20 Experience, Ultraviolence, Yeezus

20s: That’s What They All Say

29 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

90s: Bedtime Stories, janet., Ray of Light, Supernatural, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, The Velvet Rope

00s: Back to Black, Celebrity, College Dropout, In the Zone, Music, Oops I Did It Again, Renegades, Songs in A Minor, The Marshall Mathers LP, Under My Skin

10s: 4 Your Eyez Only, Channel Orange, good kid maad city, Nothing Was the Same, Swimming, Thank Me Later, thank u next, The 20/20 Experience, Ultraviolence, Yeezus

But why are u on hiatus 

• Haha 1
On 6/1/2021 at 10:59 AM, filmandstage13 said:

Love this thread!  I've listened to a lot of older music my whole life, so I love seeing other people's favorites! Here are mine:

1950s: Buddy Holly by Buddy Holly (Second album)
Other contenders: Elvis by Elvis Presley, They're Off and Rolling by the Everly Brothers

1960s: Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys
Other contenders: Abbey Road by The Beatles, Bookends by Simon & Garfunkel, Younger than Yesterday by The Byrds, If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears by The Mamas and the Papas

1970s: Parallel Lines by Blondie
Other contenders: Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel, Fear of Music by Talking Heads, Pieces of the Sky by Emmylou Harris, Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen

1980s: Remain in Light by Talking Heads
Other contenders: Purple Rain by Prince, Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson, She's So Unusual by Cyndi Lauper, Actually by Pet Shop Boys

1990s: EVITA Soundtrack
Other contenders: When the Pawn.. by Fiona Apple, Spilt Milk by Jellyfish, ...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears, janet. by Janet Jackson

2000s: Blackout by Britney Spears
Other contenders: Back to Black by Amy Winehouse, In the Zone, by Britney Spears, Chutes Too Narrow by the Shins, Britney by Britney Spears

2010s: The Archandroid by Janelle Monae
Other contenders: Lemonade by Beyonce, The Idler Wheel... by Fiona Apple The SMiLE Sessions by The Beach Boys, Strange Mercy by St. Vincent

2020s (so far): Fetch the Bolt Cutters by Fiona Apple
Other contenders: Women in Music Pt. III by HAIM, What's Your Pleasure by Jessie Ware, Plastic Hearts by Miley Cyrus

Uh YES janelle monae and st vincent! And an Emmylou Harris mention?? I love your list. 

22 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Ditto on Lauryn Hill and College Dropout. Love Channel Orange and the Good Kid mentions! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block