Ok Ladies - what’s your Taylor album ranking - based off of what your faves are, not critical acclaim or technical reasons. Also - Why’s your ranking your ranking? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

Here’s My Ranking:

#1 - Folklore (this was hard because it was a tossup between this, Evermore & Red - but like damn this album just captivates me every time I listen to it. It’s painful AF and an emotional rollercoaster of an album, but it just is perfection in every way to me. Am I basic for picking this as my fav? Yes - but I accept that  

#2 - Red - love this album. I don’t necessarily enjoy every single song on it but it just takes me back to really good times - kind of like folklore it just really captured a moment in time for me.

#3 - Evermore - cute album, great songs that are complete vibes & Evermore the song is one of my fav T-Swift songs ever. Just a nice listen all around.

#4 - Reputation - what’s not to like? Bops on bops bops. Call it what you want is one of my all time faves as well.

#5 - Fearless - I love this one. I listened to a lot of it in secret as a teen and reconnected with it when she released it as Taylor’s version. It just makes me smile.

#6 - Flopper (you’re my my my... flopper) - the album is a semi flop to me, but also something very enjoyable about it. Idk if it’s just me but it sounds kind of cheap? Like almost low-fi in a cheap way, not sound vibe. Still love a good chunk of songs on flopper though!

#7 - Speak Now - I have to get to know this one better, but I love a good handful of songs on here

#8 - 1989 - idk why but I just don’t vibe with this one. It’s in all purposes good - but I just feel mehhh about it. It’s cute and I like a few songs here, but idk I guess it’s generic to me. Sowwwy (me getting ready for backlash: :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

#9 - Taylor Swift - never heard it. I’m going to wait for Taylor’s Version.

Your turn!:barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Taylor.JPG.446d2616550ca8148eb436755560b045.JPG

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 3

It's impossible to do an entire ranking for me, but the 3 albums that are the most special to me are

• 1989 (I became a casual fan during the Red era, and then 1989 turned me into a full-blown stan because I was incredibly obsessed with it.)
  • reputation (I was anticipating it like crazy, and it came out when I was on an exchange program which was a very special week of my life that I'll never forget. reputation became the official soundtrack of that very special week.)
  • Lover (It came out during a time when I was enthralled by K-Pop. I spent an entire year only listening to K-Pop, so I missed a lot of great albums, including Lover. When I finally started listening to Western music again, I gave Lover a shot, and it totally reignited my love for Taylor.)

These 3 also feature my top 3 Taylor songs (You're In Love, King Of My Heart, and Death By A Thousand Cuts). :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I'm pretty sure Lover is my favorite TS album, which might be a rather controversial opinion. It probably has the most filler out of any of her records (alongside Red), and it could've definitely been cut like 5 songs short, but the highs are so high, that it's still my #1 despite the filler. Also, the whole vibe of the album gives me a very specific feeling of nostalgia, summertime sunset hours, and adolescence that I haven't felt since Pure Heroine. Some of the songs on Lover were produced by Joel Little, the guy who produced the entirety of Pure Heroine, but I don't think that's the main reason. I can't really put my finger on it, though. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 2

1. Reputation - The first Taylor album I listened to and the one that made me a fan, it is so special to me and is an amazing pop album. It is cohesive and I love the dark, synthy/electro sound. Having said that the album had a poor lead single but the rest of the tracks are all so good.

2. 1989 - A perfect pop record, every song on the album sounds like it could be a single and Style is one of my all time favourite Taylor songs. I’m not the biggest fan of Shake It Off but it has grown on me overtime. The rest of the album is pretty much flawless though. 

3. Evermore - I loved Folklore but Evermore really elevated the indie folk sound and took it to new heights. This album was slightly more uplifting sounding (which is more to my music taste) and features some of Taylor’s best written songs in the form of Willow, Champagne Problems and No Body No Crime. 

4. Folklore - I wasn’t sure about this album at first but the more I listened to it the more I loved it. It’s cohesive and proves Taylor can pull off the indie folk sound. I love the storytelling in a lot of the songs, Taylor’s songwriting really shined throughout. This album was just what we needed in a period of uncertainty. 

5. Speak Now - My favourite out of Taylor’s country albums, I find it so remarkable she wrote every song on this album by myself, I also love how each song is a declaration to someone in one way or another. I love the blend of country and rock and experimentation in the album tracks. And ENCHANTED. WHAT A SONG. 

6. Red - Despite its sound being a bit all over the place the album flows really well and I love how Taylor started experimenting more with other genres this time around. This album also helped Taylor to move over into the pop music world a bit more. The title track is one of my favourite country Taylor songs and of course All Too Well is amazing (although dare I say that I prefer Dear John?). 

7. Lover - My least favourite out of Taylor’s pop albums although still a decent body of work. My main issue with the album is the inconsistent tracklisting and I think the songwriting was a bit of a step back from her previous albums. But there’s still some decent songs (I actually don’t mind Me tbh) and the album aesthetic with the pastel colours was on point. 

8. Fearless - I don’t really enjoy it as much as other Taylor albums although it’s a massive step up from the self titled and this album also helped Taylor to gain more fans and a new level of success. There’s some great songs on here that can appeal to pop lovers while still sounding country. Fifteen is incredible. I also love the new songs from the vault added to Taylor’s version. 

9. Taylor Swift - My least favourite, I don’t go back to it as much as the other albums although it’s not a bad album by any means, I just prefer the others. It’s definitely Taylor’s most country sounding album and it’s also incredible she wrote most of these songs at such a young age. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2

I have tried really hard not thinking of this very question because it hurts to think them out loud, but:

1) Evermore - I cannot deny the replay value of this album. Just the best mix of variety and consistency you can ask for. This album can be played start to finish over and over again. It's a journey each time. 

2) Fearless - The album that started it all. Taylor's Version reminded me that it was an album worth falling in love with. It still slaps.

3) Folklore - A return to the Taylor I fell in love with at Fearless. It was so special to hear her songwriting again.

4) Reputation - Urban Taylor was fun as heck and I love to revisit it. This album has beats for days.

5) Red - The DEPTH!! This album just, wow, damn she felt hard. 

6) 1989 - It was such a massive album that it just feels too dated for me now. But I still love whenever it comes on.

7) Speak Now - loved it when it first came out but now it's just way too emo. Killer punches though and it still takes me to a point in time.

8) Lover - cute but forgettable. Marked a few weeks of summer and that's about it. If it weren't for YNTCD, this album wouldn't have lasted as long.

9) Taylor Swift -  never heard it.

• Love 1

#1 Taylor Swift. It’s the first album I heard from her. Teardrops on my guitar and Tim McGraw are beautiful songs. The ballads are very emotional. Cold as you. Come in with the rain. A perfectly good heart. Invisible. Should’ve said no. It’s a damn near flawless album. I’d highly suggest listening to it, don’t wait for the re-record gotta listen to her emotion of the songs from the time with they were fresh. 

#2 folklore. I didn’t like this album the first listen. Now I love it. 

#3 Reputation. Flawless album. 

#4 Fearless

#5 Speak now

#6 Red - we are never ever getting back together ruins this album for me  

#7 Lover - I’ll admit that I almost forgot to list this album 😂😂 it was added in after I finished. I do like most of the songs off this it’s just apparently forgettable.

#8 1989 - shake it off ruins this for me  

#9 evermore. I don’t know why but the songs on this one just come across too much like folklores rejects. Other than No body no crime I usually skip the others. Might need to try and relisten to it without skipping again. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, anthony7226 said:

I have tried really hard not thinking of this very question because it hurts to think them out loud, but:

1) Evermore - I cannot deny the replay value of this album. Just the best mix of variety and consistency you can ask for. This album can be played start to finish over and over again. It's a journey each time. 

2) Fearless - The album that started it all. Taylor's Version reminded me that it was an album worth falling in love with. It still slaps.

3) Folklore - A return to the Taylor I fell in love with at Fearless. It was so special to hear her songwriting again.

4) Reputation - Urban Taylor was fun as heck and I love to revisit it. This album has beats for days.

5) Red - The DEPTH!! This album just, wow, damn she felt hard. 

6) 1989 - It was such a massive album that it just feels too dated for me now. But I still love whenever it comes on.

7) Speak Now - loved it when it first came out but now it's just way too emo. Killer punches though and it still takes me to a point in time.

8) Lover - cute but forgettable. Marked a few weeks of summer and that's about it. If it weren't for YNTCD, this album wouldn't have lasted as long.

9) Taylor Swift -  never heard it.

:rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

1. Reputation -- This album is brilliant. 

2. 1989 -- I  could do without a couple of songs, especially 'Shake it Off'... but there's a ton of great music here. 

3. Folklore -- the artistry here put the rest of the players out of the game. 

4. Lover 

5. Red

6. Evermore

7. Fearless

8. Speak Now

9. Taylor Swift 

• Like 1

Most overrated "artist" of our time. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Calling the rereleased versions (Taylor's Version) is just so pathetic and childish. You recorded them and wrote them the first time heaux, how are these all of a sudden "your version". :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

I wouldn't say she even has a good album, cuz I've only liked a few of her Max Martin's songs. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

If I had a time machine I would have seen to it that KanYe never made it to the VMA's that night. :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

She only blew up because people felt bad for her. :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

She's the epitome of generic and bland. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

All her writing and overall behavior is that of a 12 year old Regina George. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

To get all upset and butthurt when a low rent TV show says you've blown through a lot of guys, even though you've built a career off of trashing them in your songs, is the epitome of Karen/Donald Trump energy :trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Like 1

I think every Taylor album has at least SOMETHING special for me, so I could never just do a ranking on her best albums :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Butttttt these are the albums that I’m listening to the most at the moment

1. Folklore

2. Reputation

3. Evermore

4. 1989

5. Fearless

6. Lover

7.  Speak Now

8. Red

9. Taylor Swift

Side note: I should really pick up on Red again since ya’ll ranking that album so high :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

Most overrated "artist" of our time. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Calling the rereleased versions (Taylor's Version) is just so pathetic and childish. You recorded them and wrote them the first time heaux, how are these all of a sudden "your version". :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

I wouldn't say she even has a good album, cuz I've only liked a few of her Max Martin's songs. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

If I had a time machine I would have seen to it that KanYe never made it to the VMA's that night. :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

She only blew up because people felt bad for her. :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

She's the epitome of generic and bland. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

All her writing and overall behavior is that of a 12 year old Regina George. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

To get all upset and butthurt when a low rent TV show says you've blown through a lot of guys, even though you've built a career off of trashing them in your songs, is the epitome of Karen/Donald Trump energy :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Damn someone is pressed by Swifts success. Also Taylor received the best female video that night, and already sold 8 million copies of Fearless so she blew up before Kanye darling. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block