My ranking us

1. Speak Now

All self written, all songs are pretty much amazing, some of her best and most honest tracks are on here. Enchanted, Long Live, Last Kiss never fail to make me emotional. This album means a lot to me

2. Red 

So many amazing songs, the best break up album. Tells a perfect story and the songs are lined up to make a narrative of a relationship. State Of Grace, Treacherous, All Too Well, Begin again.. Damn. 

3. 1989

Simply put a perfect pop album. Its fun, has some of her signature songs, good messages and simply an amazing soundtrack to summer or roadtrip or smth. New romantics, I know places, out of the Woods, Clean, This Love... So many great tracks. Bad Blood is my least favorite in here. 

4. folklore

Cohesive, consistent, great lyricism and storytelling (as always). Mirrorball is probably the only song I dont vibe with. Just an amazing album, objectively probably surpasses 1989, but 1989 is such a fun album to listen to and I love the songs too much on it. 

5. reputation

Another great pop record, Its not as consistent as 1989, but theres so many bops in here. Dont Blame Me, Delicate, Ready For It, Call It What You want. 

6. Lover 

Her most fun album, again love the vibe. The album suffer in cohesion for being very long and versatile, but there are so many good tracks.

7. Fearless 

Amazing country record, lots of great tracks like Fearless, Love Story, YBWM, The way I loved you. I just like the others more. 

8. Evermore

This album is good but suffer from the fact that folklore overshadows it. Long story short, willow, happiness, gold rush are amazing. I just gravitate towards it less because I tend to listen to folklore. 

9. Taylor Swift

A good debut album, great lyricism and nostalgia. Its a teenage girls diary type of album and I love it, but she has grown a lot since. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AP4 said:

#1 Taylor Swift. It’s the first album I heard from her. Teardrops on my guitar and Tim McGraw are beautiful songs. The ballads are very emotional. Cold as you. Come in with the rain. A perfectly good heart. Invisible. Should’ve said no. It’s a damn near flawless album. I’d highly suggest listening to it, don’t wait for the re-record gotta listen to her emotion of the songs from the time with they were fresh. 

Come In With the Rain is from Fearless. 

• Like 1
  1. reputation (I stan this era)
  2. 1989 (I actually realised that there's sone Taylor Swift during this era. Unfortunately, songs like Shake It Off are huge turn off.)
  3. folklore (I must admit that this is a good material, although I am not fan of this genre.)
  4. Red / Lover
  5. I am yet to listen to the rest of her recordings or I don't like them at all (evermore).
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

1. REPUTATION

2. TAYLOR SWIFT (not the rest of y'all paying dust to her first album. )

3. SPEAK NOW (her first albums were just a perfect moment in time for me. and I respect so much that she wrote it all herself )

4. 1989

5. RED

6. FOLKLORE

7. FEARLESS

8. LOVER

9. EVERMORE (the album I've listened to the least. it's good but not as good as folklore and they came out too soon together)

These are pretty much the albums in the rank of how many times I've listened to them. So her first albums are ranking higher, but I do love them all.

Fearless should maybe rank higher since it meant so much to me when it came out but I feel a bit sick of it now maybe cause the re-release. 

• Love 1

Loving this topic! :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

1. Reputation

I love how this record is more about love than about revenge. It came out at an interesting point in my life and that's why I hold it so dearly. It's universally agreed that 'Getaway Car' deserved to be a single with a lavish music video. Justice for her most underrated song ever: 'So it Goes'.

2. Folklore

Lyrics, lyrics. LYYYYYYRRRRRIIIIICS. The melodies are beautiful too. I found a YouTube channel with instrumentals to all the songs and the details are simply gorgeous. And for the first time in a long time, I finally agreed with a lead single, 'Cardigan'.

3. Red

While I often find myself skipping the pop singles, it is the deep cuts in this album what makes me crazy about it. Also, it hosts my favorite Taylor song ever: 'State of Grace'.

4. 1989

I was in denial at first. I missed the old country-pop vibes. But once it grew on me, oh boy. Also, 'Style', I mean, pop perfection. The lyrics in 'Wonderland' freak me out, there are so many I could've written if I were talented at it. 'Bad Blood' is the only stain in an almost impecable body of work.

5. Speak Now

The album that truly made me a fan. Her lyrics and storytelling here are so on point. It came out when I started University so lots of memories are attached to it. Also, 'Enchanted'. 

6. Evermore

Don't get me wrong, I love it. It's just that it was a bit harder for me to keep up with the stories told here. 'Tolerate It' and 'Tis the Damn Season' make me go lie on the floor. Again, the lyrics in 'Champagne Problems' send me in a trip. 

7. Lover

It's a good album. It's just that after 'Reputation', the shoes were simply too big. 'False God' is that beetch. And the closing track, 'Daylight', damn, what a way to wrap up. 

8. Fearless

This ranking at #8 does not mean I don't like it. It's just that I didn't spend much time with it back then. which was great because I really appreciated the re recording. Also, this hosts 'You Belong with Me', the song that started it all for me. The line "there's something 'bout the way the streets look when it's just rained" is one of the most beautiful lyrics I've ever heard.

9. Taylor Swift

I don't mind country music much, it's just that back then I was way more into pop and rock. I've paid closer attention to it lately and I like a lot more 'Our Song' and 'Should've Said No' than back then.

• Love 2

1. Red- This one just feels like the perfect bridge between  Country Taylor and Pop Taylor. There are great bops, lyrics, duets, I just feel like it has it all. 

2. Folklore - There are soooo many amazing songs on this album. The lyrics, the stories, the depth. Genius. It’s only 2, because I love bops, and there’s only one song I’d call a bop. 

3. 1989- monster album. There’s just a couple of songs that feel a bit generic to me, not that they’re bar, but a bit forgettable to me. 

4. Speak Now - a lot of my faves from this album weren’t even singles! Enchanted is magic! Last Kissis heartbreaking. Sparks Fly is a bop! Dear John is powerful! 

5. Lover- I’m probably one of the few ppl who like “Me”- it’s not her best by any means, but it’s fun. There are so many amazing songs on this album! I love how colorful it is and how it’s so opposite of Reputation. It could be trimmed up a bit, but still the best album of 2019- a year seriously lacking in albums I liked. 

6. Reputation- I also might be one of the few who LOVES “LWYMMD”. I really love the beginning and end of the album. The middle for me... is ok. I like all of the songs, but never really go out of my way to listen to any of the songs in the middle unless I’m listening to the whole album. 

7. Fearless- I love about half of this album, and half of it is kinda forgettable to me. 

8. Taylor Swift- once again, I love about half of this album. The other half, I don’t listen to at all. But the half I love holds special memories. 

9.Evermore- ok, so this album isn’t bad. And this is probably an unpopular opinion. I just never fell in love with it. There’s only 2-3 songs that really stand out to me, and I think it’s kinda boring. I just have zero connection to it. 

#1 reputation :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

(happy to see lots of Rep stans in here I'm surprised. I thought most people "hate" that album/era. it's the one I listened to the most)

#2 1989

#3 Folklore

#4 Red

#5 Lover 

#6 Evermore

#7 Speak Now 

#8 Taylor swift (I don't know her very well tbh) 

• Love 1

1. evermore: The sonic growth and experimentation that was built on top of folklore cannot be denied. Had all that worked for folklore, but is more enveloping as a body of work imo

2. 1989 : A bit dated but was such a huge album. Looking back, every song is a perfectly crafted pop song from an already established artist. It's a Re-Introduction which cannot be overlooked. The album, the videos, the tour. This era had it all and it all came down to her sticking the landing on this album that could had REALLY turned sideways if Blank Space wasn't a smash. Only weak link was Bad Blood but it obviously got a remix treatment that fixed it nicely.

3. folklore: The change of pace, the flex on the songwriting, the introduction to her "cottagecore" era. This is an album that was automatically and "album of it's time" but that's a great thing. She captured the moment and she did so amazingly. No weak links for this album. Only people who are turned off are the ones who prefer more production and swifter tempos. 

4. RED: Did not like this album when it first arrived. Now I truly vibe with most of it. While there are some songs that just aren't up to standard, it was a middle road album for her with some incredible songs. All Too Well is one of her all time bests. She took some calculated risks with Trouble and 22 as those are her, dipping her toes in the POP pond to see how they go over. Still, doesn't skimp on her country structure with some great songs like Begin Again. 

5. Fearless: The only reason I didn't put this higher is because the Taylor's Version of RED and 1989 still gotta come. Fearless though was monumental for her. Really established her songwriting talent and is full of solid country songs. The whole first half I would say is immaculate for teenage country artist. This album also led to her being in more places as it crossed over into mainstream, thereby solidly placing her in the public eye. It's fitting that it's the first to be redone by her. Her version is great too, really relishing in her late teen years. The bonus tracks are mostly meh, but her vault songs do make up for that. 

6. Speak Now: Someone already made the point that each song is a declaration to someone. It is. It works. She really showed off by writing all the tracks. Not every song works, but the album as a whole is huge. It was also the first album in response that followed public scandal (The Kanye West VMA thing and dating John Mayer). 

7. Lover: Solid pop album. She really dug her heals in this, and seemingly enjoyed the process. Some of the work is overly long or should have been cut, but the indulgence kind of works with the theme. What is a lover if not an indulgence of another? Also, Soon You'll Get Better and The Archer are incredible songs. 

8. reputation: Solid pop album and another album in response after a public scandal. The lyrics in my opinion get a tad banal. The beats are very good, but I feel like she really shines in those vulnerable moments. Delicate, Getaway Car, Call It What You Want, and New Years Day are standouts. Don't Blame Me, End Game, and So It Goes get honorary mentions.  To prop up this album though, It is amazing how she leaned into the Snake Imagery and made it her own. The Videos and tour were also achievements. So, important album, not my favorite album. 

9. Taylor Swift: Not a bad album. Tim McGraw is an AMAZING country song. There are some gold nuggets here and it is very impressive that she did this album at her age. It's at the bottom where it's supposed to be which is a good thing.  I mean, would you want everyone's favorite album of yours to be the one you did 15 years ago or the one you just dropped? So kudos to her for always being above her already above-average debut. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Adriannn said:

Loving this topic! :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

1. Reputation

I love how this record is more about love than about revenge. It came out at an interesting point in my life and that's why I hold it so dearly. It's universally agreed that 'Getaway Car' deserved to be a single with a lavish music video. Justice for her most underrated song ever: 'So it Goes'.

2. Folklore

Lyrics, lyrics. LYYYYYYRRRRRIIIIICS. The melodies are beautiful too. I found a YouTube channel with instrumentals to all the songs and the details are simply gorgeous. And for the first time in a long time, I finally agreed with a lead single, 'Cardigan'.

3. Red

While I often find myself skipping the pop singles, it is the deep cuts in this album what makes me crazy about it. Also, it hosts my favorite Taylor song ever: 'State of Grace'.

4. 1989

I was in denial at first. I missed the old country-pop vibes. But once it grew on me, oh boy. Also, 'Style', I mean, pop perfection. The lyrics in 'Wonderland' freak me out, there are so many I could've written if I were talented at it. 'Bad Blood' is the only stain in an almost impecable body of work.

5. Speak Now

The album that truly made me a fan. Her lyrics and storytelling here are so on point. It came out when I started University so lots of memories are attached to it. Also, 'Enchanted'. 

6. Evermore

Don't get me wrong, I love it. It's just that it was a bit harder for me to keep up with the stories told here. 'Tolerate It' and 'Tis the Damn Season' make me go lie on the floor. Again, the lyrics in 'Champagne Problems' send me in a trip. 

7. Lover

It's a good album. It's just that after 'Reputation', the shoes were simply too big. 'False God' is that beetch. And the closing track, 'Daylight', damn, what a way to wrap up. 

8. Fearless

This ranking at #8 does not mean I don't like it. It's just that I didn't spend much time with it back then. which was great because I really appreciated the re recording. Also, this hosts 'You Belong with Me', the song that started it all for me. The line "there's something 'bout the way the streets look when it's just rained" is one of the most beautiful lyrics I've ever heard.

9. Taylor Swift

I don't mind country music much, it's just that back then I was way more into pop and rock. I've paid closer attention to it lately and I like a lot more 'Our Song' and 'Should've Said No' than back then.

:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:love it! And 100% agree with everything you said about Red

• 2 weeks later...

From most favorite to less favorite:

1. Lover

2. 1989

3. Folklore

4. Reputation

5. Red

6. Evermore

7. Speak Now

8. Fearless

9. Debut album

Lover is my favorite album because I think it comes with one of her best songs ever such as Cruel Summer, Death by a thousand Cuts etc. And I just LOVE how some lyrics are so dark yet they sound as if they're happy songs. I also love the complete era, her looks, her first owned masters....

1989 is an obvious choice...I mean it's Taylor's pop bible like Blackout is Britney's. 

All of her albums are honestly great and she never fails to amaze me!

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block