Battle of The Pop Stars Round 2: Christina Aguilera vs. Lady Gaga

Who do you like best?   

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Content Curators
4 hours ago, Dreams said:

Gaga is very gifted in the visual and fashion department (even tho she didn't invent anything but she's a good mimic)

Gaga is great at making people believe that her basic ordinary generic pop music is something "deeper" with the help of aesthetics , false deep concepts and visuals, she knows how to compensate the lack of flavor/substance with mental gymnastics and fake try hard edgy concepts to embellish her very basic music , like for example : ARTPOP and Chromatica sound very generic and boring if you remove the concept. It always feels her music isn't really reflective of how weird she thinks she is.

Christina on the other end, has better albums (at least in the early 00s). Her pop persona feels a bit less cookie-cutter and manufactured to me. And she has a more unique voice tone. Stripped and B2B are better than any Gaga album.

I see what your saying about Gaga and I agree but the thing about her is that even if we know for fact that she's inauthentic she managed to do what no other pop stars of her time did which was to make you feel excited about music.

Yes I know she was full of baloney and yes you are correct her "edgy" visuals don't match the music, once the Gaga spell started wearing out I saw all of that but, you can't deny that her albums The Fame Monster and Born This Way are far from basic and generic. 

Songs like Bad Romance, Alejandro which is something I've never heard any other pop star do, Government ******* and Marry The Night which has a deep and meaningful message are undeniably outsanding pop songs.

I also admire the fact that she is very smart, the way she uses her words to make you believe this overinflated idea of her craft is genius.

I am no longer a fan of hers for other reasons but she still gave me something that Christina never really did which was excitement.

• Love 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

2 minutes ago, Style. said:

She by far has a more impactful videography than Christi Agee

Like don't get me wrong, I still love so many Xtina songs.

But she just doesn't put as much effort into her craft like Gaga does.

Gaga seems like she never lost her hunger to push the bar, I don't love all of it, but I respect the drive.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Like don't get me wrong, I still love so many Xtina songs.

But she just doesn't put as much effort into her craft like Gaga does.

Gaga seems like she never lost her hunger to push the bar, I don't love all of it, but I respect the drive.

I seriously love them the same as a non-fan of their work, but overall Gaga had a distinctive career than Christina who seemed to be so over the place. :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Midnight said:

Thank you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I love them both as well but even though Christina does have some amazing meaningful songs I voted for Gaga. I just have such a connection to Gaga, her energy gives me life.

What did you think about Lotus and Liberation?

Hmmm, If I’m being honest, what I loved about Xtina was the fact that she created albums as whole projects (from 2002 to 2010). There are really good songs on Lotus and Liberation, but I won’t listen to these albums from A to Z like I did with her previous albums.

And I agree with you, I also felt more connection to Gaga than Christina, and the excitement I had during the Fame era can’t compare with what I felt for other artists (except Britney).

That’s why it was a hard choice for me! I guess my answer would switch easily from day to day

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Midnight said:

You can't deny that her albums The Fame Monster and Born This Way are far from basic and generic.

There is nothing groundbreaking in terms of productions or sounds, and it's exactly why she is so successful. This is the recipe for Gaga's success, very accessible, radiophonic, cookie-cutter, generic, easy to listen and appealing pop tracks mixed with edgy designer clothes and expensive music videos that makes you believe it's deep when it's not.. Even Grimes, Bjork, FKA Twigs and Lana Del Rey make more progressive music than Gaga. It's sad because Gaga is very talented but her music is rarely reflective of her true capacities.

If you take away her voice and the lyrics it's very ordinary. She models herself on Grace Jones, David Bowie, Cher and Madonna but her stuff sounds like 20 year old ibiza club music.You can have the most interesting, complex and deep concept ever, the best visuals, the best fashion, if none of the music is reflective of it then what's the point? If the music is underwhelming then you're just wasting a good concept. It's like, some artists use concepts as a way to compensate for the lack of flavor/substance. She never lets the music speak for itself because she knows very well that her music in itself is not progressive. She has to add a lot of gimmicks and stuff.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block