Battle of The Pop Stars Round 2: Christina Aguilera vs. Lady Gaga

Who do you like best?   

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love both. But for me it’s definitely Gaga. 

I can’t at everyone saying Xtina is “the better singer.” Xtina is amazing of course, but as someone who has studied voice I greatly disagree. At least nowadays, her technique has really gone downhill in the past decade. Shouting does not equal singing. I feel like Gaga has better control and tone. For me, the way Xtina sings gets exhausting to listen to, but I could listen to Gaga all the time. Also, I think Gaga had shown more versatility with her voice. She can do big diva ballads, she can do auto tune dance songs, jazz, classical, music theater, etc. I just think she’s smarter with her voice, I think a lot of ppl like music they can sing along to. So she does catchy fun songs you can sing along with, but throws in impressive vocals on ballads too. I feel like Christina, constantly, to this day is still trying to “show off” on every single song. And maybe that’s what her stand like/want but I don’t think it’s great for her career overall. 

In terms of discography, I def prefer Gaga. Visuals, Gaga. Tours, Gaga. Performances, Gaga. Personality, Gaga. Lol. 

I said this in the Xtina/Beyonce thread, but Xtina used to be my 2nd fave after Britney. But her career choices (and personality) kinda made me lose some interest on her over time. I honestly don’t even listen to Liberation aside from like 3 songs. But I love all of Gaga’s solo albums. And I’ve consistently loved her music and other choices throughout the years. She’s in my top 3. So she definitely gets my vote 

• Love 1
On 4/24/2021 at 10:08 PM, Dreams said:

Gaga is very gifted in the visual and fashion department (even tho she didn't invent anything but she's a good mimic)

Gaga is great at making people believe that her basic ordinary generic pop music is something "deeper" with the help of aesthetics , false deep concepts and visuals, she knows how to compensate the lack of flavor/substance with mental gymnastics and fake try hard edgy concepts to embellish her very basic music , like for example : ARTPOP and Chromatica sound very generic and boring if you remove the concept. It always feels her music isn't really reflective of how weird she thinks she is.

Christina on the other end, has better albums (at least in the early 00s). Her pop persona feels a bit less cookie-cutter and manufactured to me. And she has a more unique voice tone. Stripped and B2B are better than any Gaga album.

I'm gagged..... The way you spilled, b/tch!

shocked love and hip hop GIF by VH1

Now give the children some time to process, please.

Spoiler

Everything you said is true, but I looooove Gaga's music though... And "Chromatica" is CUTE!

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

I’m so curious to see where this will go, I feel like you started with some serious powerhouses- Gaga, Xtina, and Beyonce. So is Beyonce out for good now? Like is Demi Lovato gonna come up later and beat Beyonce? Lol 

Yes Beyonce is out :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: 

Knowing exhales taste I bet Demi would beat Beyonce for sure :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block