Britney: Black Lives Matter

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Comments in this topic must be manually approved by a moderator before they're made public. 

3 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Umm why am I getting a warning for that? The division in this post is exactly her handlers shouldnt be posting political things about race on her istagram.

The timing of her post is very off, unless it was posted to coincide with the verdict in the George Floyd case.

But-whether people agree with her post or not-the timing is suspect given how intentionally her Instagram avoided political or social issues for years...

I still think people should be able to think for themselves  and not be influenced by celebrities on social discourse.

8 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

The timing of her post is very off, unless it was posted to coincide with the verdict in the George Floyd case.

But-whether people agree with her post or not-the timing is suspect given how intentionally her Instagram avoided political or social issues for years...

I still think people should be able to think for themselves  and not be influenced by celebrities on social discourse.

she posted about Dreamers, the #ImWithHer caption with Hilary Clinton, she told Congress to work ***** during the Obama era shutdowns...

she has taken a picture with Hilary.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Umm why am I getting a warning for that? The division in this post is exactly her handlers shouldnt be posting political things about race on her istagram.

becaue the mods can say and do whatever they want and give you warning points for the most minor things but if you say something they dont like you get warning points. Thats how it works here. 

8 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

becaue the mods can say and do whatever they want and give you warning points for the most minor things but if you say something they dont like you get warning points. Thats how it works here. 

I’d hardly call you being racist a minor reason to receive WPs.

It is not acceptable, neither is mocking BLM, like you have continuously been doing.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

No, you are entitled to your own opinion but when you are blatantly being racist by mocking black lives, that's when it becomes an issue and your warning points are deserved. Learn the difference. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

This isn't political, this is about equality.

YES. :meryell_meryl_streep_meme_yell:

2 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

There's no such thing as bad timing when BLM has been an on-going movement and fight. Like I'm failing to understand why or how you think the timing is off. :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

END THEM. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

Equality for everyone, so #BlackLivesMatter

:saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney: 

Seriously, i never thought it is even an issue, until i saw some interview from a black soccer player with his family, mind blowing. 

Cancel this "AllLivesMatter" bull****.

Exactly. I don't get why people still don't understand that Black Lives Matter does not mean ONLY Black Lives Matter :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

It has nothing to do with politics and is actually pretty simple:

The Basics of Black Lives Matter | Abstract Stylist

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Exactly. I don't get why people still don't understand that Black Lives Matter does not mean ONLY Black Lives Matter :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

It has nothing to do with politics and is actually pretty simple:

The Basics of Black Lives Matter | Abstract Stylist

They don't understand because they hear a certain narrative, fill in the blank with their own biases, and don't take the extra step to do a little more research - That's all :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

On 4/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, IAmJustAKnee said:

Hide contents

It is definitely not surprising when a decent amount of Exhalers on here aren't too far from thinking like these people and often make extremely questionable comments making it nearly impossible to ignore and avoid. While Britney not being outspoken might be nice and ideal for many, it also came with the disadvantage of our fan base having certain people compared to other pop girl fan bases, I think y'all get what I'm alluding to cough cough and I pray this thread remains clear of those people  :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

You ain't never lied about that, some of her fans are truly disgusting to say the least.

OT

As a Black man that has been following and supporting Britney since 1999 this was really great to see!

• Love 3
On 4/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, B-R-I-T-N-E-Y said:

I still don't know what to think about this movement. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

You don't know what to think about Black & brown people wanting better treatment from the police and to end 400 yrs of systematic racism and oppression?

On 4/19/2021 at 6:25 PM, officialmaurice said:

ugh!!! That word “too”... DUHHHHHH but what about us? 10-15 years doesn’t at ALL compare to 400+ years. 

Exactly, NOT at all!

On 4/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, Busybee said:

I see what your saying but I disagree. I love when performers or celebrities stand up for what they believe in. It helps me as a fan know who I'm supporting. 

As far as comparing thats kind of the whole point. Black people haven't been valued in Ameirca to their white counter parts. Is it uncomfortable? Yes but doesnt mean it's not true. It also doesn't mean white people don't struggle or have hardships. It means that even though they are going through those hardships they have a better chance of getting out of them just because they are white. The system is set up to help white people succeed. Hope that helps :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Also im not here to argue with anyone 

GIF by Bravo TV

💯💯💯

White people don't have to worry about driving and being pulled over in their car by the police and being ******** for absolutely no reason besides being Black.

How many times have we seen that?   We're not even safe in our own homes.  Look at Brianna Taylor?  A 15 yr old girl was just shot 4 times in front of her home by the cops..  

U never hear any of the sort happening to white people.  They can go shoot up schools, churches, movie theaters, Nail salons etc and still get carried out in handcuffs.

It really kills me when white people act like they don't understand what we are saying.  They are masters at flipping the script and playing dumb smh.

On 4/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, F-ENE-kass said:

most of the things the movement does doesn't help anything forward but the protesters **pty pride

On 4/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, Korb said:

Triggered ,sweetie?

• Love 2
  • Like 2