Britney: Black Lives Matter

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Comments in this topic must be manually approved by a moderator before they're made public. 

16 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Since when human rights have become a political issue ???? We're talking about people who are being discriminated because the color of their skin , if you think you need to take a political side to stand up for justice and human rights then maybe you should revaluate your morals ...... 

unfortunately human rights have been treated as a politics issue since America was founded. Is it wrong, absolutely, but it has to do with this country’s roots.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Frankie8 said:

I am really surprised she/Team Britney is making this statement.  Remember when she posted a picture with Hilary Clinton and the hashtag I'm With Her was used, since that was Hillary's slogan, but then shortly afterward it was deleted.  I think the last time Britney got political was with the illegal immigrant situation called Dreamers.

Also, surprising she used this picture to convey a message when it does not relate to her specifically, because she comes from a down-on-their-luck family with lots of financial hardships, so she would not have generational wealth.  Picking another picture that does not sound so divisive between one group having something over the other would probably have worked better.

I think the chosen photo was excellent. And the last time she spoke out in favor of the BLM movement was in June last year.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

yeah i saw. i mean i love that "she" uses her platform for awareness, but i think its weird when celebrities touch on controversial subjects.

the lives of a whole race mattering shouldn’t even be controversial in the first place 

i can’t believe that this is even a debated topic wtf

anyways stan queen of pop & human rights britney spears

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Explicit said:

So proud of my girl lmao 

So glad I stan a woman that is aware of her privilege, never spoke in a blaccent, stole from black creators and has always been inclusive. A queen!!

Oh No Crying GIF by The Maury Show

She always idolized Janet more than Madonna (discussed so many times in early interviews); praised Michael, Whitney, and Mariah; stood up for Big Rob when he was called a racial slur in 2004; etc.

• Love 4