Britney: Black Lives Matter

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Comments in this topic must be manually approved by a moderator before they're made public. 

17 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

There's no such thing as bad timing when BLM has been an on-going movement and fight. Like I'm failing to understand why or how you think the timing is off. :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

17 hours ago, Applejack said:

she posted about Dreamers, the #ImWithHer caption with Hilary Clinton, she told Congress to work ***** during the Obama era shutdowns...

she has taken a picture with Hilary.

That's true, her post would still be consistent with posting infrequently about political or social issues.  And as a commenter pointed out, the term 'generational wealth' doesn't necessarily have to be attributed to a monetary sum.

Unrelated, but in light of all the support she has gotten in the last couple of months, if/when Britney were to come back to performing, she certainly wouldn't have trouble selling.  (And this could extend to music) I just hope that if/when she does, its with a team that she wants/approves.

On 4/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, DougFrmBrazil said:

I love how Britney is always late to the party. 

Better late than never!

On 4/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, TedTwice said:

And with this... She lost me. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

She had to get political. 

Hide contents

:mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated::flop_britney_candies:

Wow!  

This says a lot about U as a person.

How is Black people wanting equally and  justice for their own being killed by the cops political?

It's human decency!

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

They don't understand because they hear a certain narrative, fill in the blank with their own biases, and don't take the extra step to do a little more research - That's all :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

They need to listen, listen to some racist-things black-people have to deal with on a daily basis, easy: Ask someone who is black, we need conversations like this, they would shut the f up.

And don't excuse yourself with: I'm not from the US, honey, racism doesn't know any borders. 

It's time to end this. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

They need to listen, listen to some racist-things black-people have to deal with on a daily basis, easy: Ask someone who is black, we need conversations like this, they would shut the f up.

And don't excuse yourself with: I'm not from the US, honey, racism doesn't know any borders. 

Amen

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

I can't speak for everyone but as a Black man myself I can't tell U how many times I have been profiled by the police here in Philadelphia.

I have had cops stop me ask me to get out of my car pat me down, search my car, my trunk asking if I have ***** or sell ***** or if I have any weapons or warrants etc.  Then ask me U seem nervous why are U nervous?  Hello U pulled me over for absolutely no reason at all and you're illegally searching my car.  However U can't win against them.  So what do U do?  I just be polite make eye contact and always say Hi and thank U.

I remember one time me and my ex was driving in my car and a cop pulls behind me and pull me over.  He said I ran a stop sign and didn't put my turning signal on. I never even passed a stop sign my ex said and I did have my turning signal on but once again what can u DO?

I have had cops pull Uturns follow me for a block and stop me and ask the same questions over and over again seeing if I lied, do U have *****, weapons etc.

I have so many of those kind of stories and that's just me driving.

I work in healthcare & my co-worker said she has been followed many times by the police on her way into work from the bus stop and had one person yell out "Go back where U came from" like The white man didn't steal this land from the native Americans and ntm Black people built this Country without any compensation

• Love 6
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I can't speak for anyone but as a Black man myself I can't tell U how many times I have been profiled by the police here in Philadelphia.

I have had cops stop me ask me to get out of my car pat me down, search my car, my trunk asking if I have ***** or sell ***** or if I have any weapons or warrants etc.  Then ask me U seem nervous why are U nervous?  Hello U pulled me over for absolutely no reason at all and you're illegally searching my car.  However U can't win against them.  So what do U do?  I just be polite make eye contact and always say Hi and thank U.

I remember one time me and my ex was driving in my car and a cop pulls behind me and pull me over.  He said I ran a stop sign and didn't put my turning signal on. I never even passed a stop sign my ex said and I did have my turning signal on but once again what can u DO?

I have had cops pull Uturns follow me for a block and stop me and ask the same questions over and over again seeing if I lied, do U have *****, weapons etc.

I work in healthcare & my co-worker said she has been followed many times by the police on her way into work from the bus stop and had one person yell out "Go back where U came from" like The white man didn't steal this land from the native Americans and ntm Black people built this Country without any compensation

As a white man living in Philly, I sadly have no trouble believing any of what you wrote :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

48 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I can't speak for anyone but as a Black man myself I can't tell U how many times I have been profiled by the police here in Philadelphia.

Thank you for sharing your story to us.

And people still think it's not neccesary? Like how? Safety is important for everyone! 

I hope some people in this thread reading this and feel ashamed! tbh 

It's disgusting! We should not be divided like that. 

And "Go back where you came from" is unacceptable. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, britneyluv said:

As a white man living in Philly, I sadly have no trouble believing any of what you wrote :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

Some of the Cops in Philly drive around the inner city and racially profile people.  

Not all of them are bad tho I come across some good ones, I become used to it in a way.  Whenever I'm in Delaware County or Montgomery County I never have any problems and never get stopped. 

4 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Thank you for sharing your story to us.

And people still think it's not neccesary? Like how? Safety is important for everyone! 

I hope some people in this thread reading this and feel ashamed! tbh 

It's disgusting! We should not be divided like that. 

And "Go back where you came from" is unacceptable. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: 

No problem man!

You ain't never lied about that!

Yea it sucks that people in 2021 still judge people based on their skin color, like they have any control over that?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

You ain't never lied about that, some of her fans are truly disgusting to say the least.

9 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I hate it when non-US citizens say stuff like "Racism is a US problem" or "Why is the US so obsessed with race?" like often the people who make those types of comments clearly are not educated nor have had the experience of a marginalized person in the U.S. but not only that, they don't realize that a lot of their own countries don't even bother to confront racism and would rather sweep it under the surface. At least enough U.S. citizens care enough to make a big deal about fighting racism, please tell me if making comments like "Why is the US so obsessed with race?" is exactly fighting racism? They'll make those type of comments then turn around and say something racist. Of course I try to give the benefit of doubt about cultural differences but I think you get what I mean.

@OCBoy1985 I know it's legit so unfair how our fanbase has to have these certain people. I don't know how people who are fans of Britney, a person that went through so much, would be able to express such type of hatred. Out of all of the pop forums I've been on, Exhale, the biggest Britney forum I know, is if not the most annoying culprit when it comes to White people (and I'm not talking about specific White people from marginalized groups y'all know exactly what type of White people in the U.S. I'm talking about) and racism. Every time a discussion about racism and Black people in the U.S. gets brought up some White person just has to chime in and talk about White people discrimination. Not trying to invalidate experiences but y'all legit don't get how people from marginalized groups and Black people in the U.S. feel or experience and it's so annoying constantly going on Exhale hearing White people try to make the convo like "BuT WhAt AbOuT rAciSm tOwaRd WhItE PeOplE?!" or "BuT BlAcK pEopLe Can BE RaCiSt". Unless you're from a country or region where White people receive such issue, y'all don't have the same type of oppression in terms of specifically of race in U.S. society and no, going to a Black restaurant and getting treated unfairly there in the U.S. is not the same as the racism and oppression Black people and marginalized groups actually face. Don't even get me started on how Black people and those from marginalized groups get called racist just because they're angry at White people when it's cause of U.S.'s history but clearly a bunch of Exhalers don't seem to get that plight and be like "BuT iT's In tHe PaSt". It gets worse when White Exhalers talk about how White people were also slaves meaning their ancestors were also slaves and that China also has slaves like it's so infuriating as a POC having to explain to these people that it has nothing to do with Black people in the U.S.!

Here's a T*kT*k I found that kind of explains: https://www.tiktok.com/@jwilliamj/video/6943018937932074246?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

• Love 2
18 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

I hate it when non-US citizens say stuff like "Racism is a US problem" or "Why is the US so obsessed with race?" like often the people who make those types of comments clearly are not educated nor have had the experience of a marginalized person in the U.S. but not only that, they don't realize that a lot of their own countries don't even bother to confront racism and would rather sweep it under the surface. At least enough U.S. citizens care enough to make a big deal about fighting racism, please tell me if making comments like "Why is the US so obsessed with race?" is exactly fighting racism? They'll make those type of comments then turn around and say something racist. Of course I try to give the benefit of doubt about cultural differences but I think you get what I mean.

@OCBoy1985 I know it's legit so unfair how our fanbase has to have these certain people. I don't know how people who are fans of Britney, a person that went through so much, would be able to express such type of hatred. Out of all of the pop forums I've been on, Exhale, the biggest Britney forum I know, is if not the most annoying culprit when it comes to White people (and I'm not talking about specific White people from marginalized groups y'all know exactly what type of White people in the U.S. I'm talking about) and racism. Every time a discussion about racism and Black people in the U.S. gets brought up some White person just has to chime in and talk about White people discrimination. Not trying to invalidate experiences but y'all legit don't get how people from marginalized groups and Black people in the U.S. feel or experience and it's so annoying constantly going on Exhale hearing White people try to make the convo like "BuT WhAt AbOuT rAciSm tOwaRd WhItE PeOplE?!" or "BuT BlAcK pEopLe Can BE RaCiSt". Unless you're from a country or region where White people receive such issue, y'all don't have the same type of oppression in terms of specifically of race in U.S. society and no, going to a Black restaurant and getting treated unfairly there in the U.S. is not the same as the racism and oppression Black people and marginalized groups actually face. Don't even get me started on how Black people and those from marginalized groups get called racist just because they're angry at White people when it's cause of U.S.'s history but clearly a bunch of Exhalers don't seem to get that plight and be like "BuT iT's In tHe PaSt". It gets worse when White Exhalers talk about how White people were also slaves meaning their ancestors were also slaves and that China also has slaves like it's so infuriating as a POC having to explain to these people that it has nothing to do with Black people in the U.S.!

Here's a T*kT*k I found that kind of explains: https://www.tiktok.com/@jwilliamj/video/6943018937932074246?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

That was one of the reasons why I actually stopped getting on Exhale for a while. I just started back using it.  Exhale is bad but I would say that A T R L is the WORST! They ban you or give you a WP for absolutely no reason at all besides a scorn fan hitting the report button. I have had several threads closed for calling out The Grammys and their bias towards Black artists.  Do you know that only 9 artists have ever won AOTY in the 60 plus yrs of the award show? Stevie Wonder won 3xx in the 70s so it’s actually lower than that.

Its racism all over this world, it’s not just some US problem. Like U said some countries just hid it, ignore it or sweep it under the rug. However that doesn’t mean that it’s not there and that POC don’t experience hate, oppression and discrimination.  White people wouldn’t know because it doesn’t happen to them!

I remember Cardi B was in Australia and some woman yelled something racist at her in the airport or something and she’s a international superstar. 

Some Black & POC are really frustrated and tired and a lot of us feel hopeless. I mean can you blame them?  It’s very traumatic to see people that look like you get treated less than a dog, killed by the police and everything else that’s been happening the last 400 yrs including systematic racism and oppression.

Also most white people don’t understand when we say that they are privileged.  They think that we are taking about wealth but no. White Privilege is having the ability to drive in your car and not have to worry about being stopped all because of the color of your skin (or worse killed) and I feel like majority of them get where we’re coming from but they are masters at flipping the script and pretending that they don’t understand.

It was very disheartening to see all those people on Britney IG play dumb like they don’t understand.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

That was one of the reasons why I actually stopped getting on Exhale for a while. I just started back using it.  Exhale is bad but I would say that A T R L is the WORST! They ban you or give you a WP for absolutely no reason at all besides a scorn fan hitting the report button. I have had several threads closed for calling out The Grammys and their bias towards Black artists.  Do you know that only 9 artists have ever won AOTY in the 60 plus yrs of the award show? Stevie Wonder won 3xx in the 70s so it’s actually lower than that.

Its racism all over this world, it’s not just some US problem. Like U said some countries just hid it, ignore it or sweep it under the rug. However that doesn’t mean that it’s not there and that POC don’t experience hate, oppression and discrimination.  White people wouldn’t know because it doesn’t happen to them!

I remember Cardi B was in Australia and some woman yelled something racist at her in the airport or something and she’s a international superstar. 

Some Black & POC are really frustrated and tired and a lot of us feel hopeless. I mean can you blame them?  It’s very traumatic to see people that look like you get treated less than a dog, killed by the police and everything else that’s been happening the last 400 yrs including systematic racism and oppression.

Also most white people don’t understand when we say that they are privileged.  They think that we are taking about wealth but no. White Privilege is having the ability to drive in your car and not have to worry about being stopped all because of the color of your skin (or worse killed) and I feel like majority of them get where we’re coming from but they are masters at flipping the script and pretending that they don’t understand.

It was very disheartening to see all those people on Britney IG play dumb like they don’t understand.

ATRL gives me a headache so I don't bother commenting. GGD is not better especially after the exodus (most went to popa911.com due to racism) but what I will say is that sensitivity at least exists over there to an extent. Many will say people are over sensitive and it doesn't help there are more White LMs but at least there are arguments in social/racial issue threads or people getting called out over there. A thread on Exhale could often be 10 discriminatory comments and only 2 people fighting against those comments while on GGD it will more likely be 2 discriminatory comments and 8 people dealing with it or to put it simply, I feel like I would have someone to back me up as a POC over there than here. I don't see there to be enough users on Exhale outside of Britney threads that would be willing to bother calling out messy stuff and when you have so many Tr*mpsters on this site, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with them! It's really interesting some of these peeps complain about censorship yet there are a bunch of them who spout such ridiculous discriminatory comments that wouldn't survive on other forums.

Also the fact that one of the most biggest accounts in the #FreeBritney movement last year when BLM (was still in the news in June 2020) tweeted this is truly a pain to look at. They eventually provided resources on their Twitter this year but these types of mentality from the Army will always be a pain:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 4/22/2021 at 5:00 AM, IAmJustAKnee said:

Of course there are cultural differences, racial profiling by the police is not a thing here (as far as i know)

but...

It's really all around the world and i like that Youtube is so international now, so we can find out: 

No one deserves that. 

• Love 1
On 4/24/2021 at 6:14 AM, Alexanda said:

Of course there are cultural differences, racial profiling by the police is not a thing here (as far as i know)

but...

It's really all around the world and i like that Youtube is so international now, so we can find out: 

No one deserves that. 

Yeah I don't think "cultural differences" is the best word especially when you have a lot of Asian countries being colorist/racist for example. I know many countries have other issues they're more worried about but sometimes I really wish they wouldn't go out of their way to devalue things like BLM or racism and sweep it under the rug (although I know the thing about U.S. people not caring about worldwide issues so it could be hypocritical to some if that makes sense) :/