Britney: Black Lives Matter

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Comments in this topic must be manually approved by a moderator before they're made public. 

25 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

yeah i saw. i mean i love that "she" uses her platform for awareness, but i think its weird when celebrities touch on controversial subjects. i mean i get it that they can generate change and influence people but it almost never works or only generates drama that doesn't really further the agenda of said movements as people focus more on the gossip than the actual movement.

same with politics and stuff. but i guess it's fine, i just think that it's weird when they do.

one thing i don't like of this message is how it compares the "two", i think we should just accept black lives matter rather than compare them to "other lives" or make such "triggering" claims as i think it takes away from the message. i think its more powerful when you just show whats missing / wrong with the problem you're talking about rather than saying "x has it better than y". makes sense?

i do like that "she" posted it now instead of when it was "cool" or "trendy" as it makes it feel more genuine and honest.

i don't know; maybe it's a stupid way of seeing things. what do you all think?

I see what your saying but I disagree. I love when performers or celebrities stand up for what they believe in. It helps me as a fan know who I'm supporting. 

As far as comparing thats kind of the whole point. Black people haven't been valued in Ameirca to their white counter parts. Is it uncomfortable? Yes but doesnt mean it's not true. It also doesn't mean white people don't struggle or have hardships. It means that even though they are going through those hardships they have a better chance of getting out of them just because they are white. The system is set up to help white people succeed. Hope that helps :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Also im not here to argue with anyone 

GIF by Bravo TV

@nthenwkiss just seemed really curious and open to understanding so I took the opportunity to explain it.

• Love 6
  • Like 1

I am really surprised she/Team Britney is making this statement.  Remember when she posted a picture with Hilary Clinton and the hashtag I'm With Her was used, since that was Hillary's slogan, but then shortly afterward it was deleted.  I think the last time Britney got political was with the illegal immigrant situation called Dreamers.

Also, surprising she used this picture to convey a message when it does not relate to her specifically, because she comes from a down-on-their-luck family with lots of financial hardships, so she would not have generational wealth.  Picking another picture that does not sound so divisive between one group having something over the other would probably have worked better.

2 hours ago, phareezy said:

I just took a read through and wow. Didn't realize Britney attracted that kind of a crowd too :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: On the other hand, I guess she's never been particularly outspoken about social issues so it was easy to not know where she stood.

Wym? "that kind of crowd" literally be in the exhale threads.

• Love 2
  • Like 1