The Weeknd: I won't allow my label to submit my music to the Grammys

30 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

And the academy says the kids don't know music. 

Look at the nominations. 

Hence the irrelevancy.

I don't even care about the nominations and this is coming from a person who used to watch them every year.

Award shows are fading away and that's good, it's all fake anyways.

If you like a song, stream it, that's what matters. New era, new generation.

:carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

Yes the Grammys are irrelevant at this point. All award shows need a makeover for sure! 

But... Just because his song was so massive doesn’t justify him getting nominated. Take Mariah Carey with “One Sweet Day” which was the biggest song of that year (1996) and she was completely snubbed. 

This just shows he’s a sore loser and still angry he wasn’t nominated. 

Sorry but the dude is so boring IMO. No stage presence with a few decent singles. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This makes him only come off as super salty and bitter to me.

Like, give it a rest?

Britney only has 1 grammy, and is WAYYYY more iconic/legendary than The Weeknd but do you see her being this salty?

I do agree he should have been nominated at least once but it is what it is and if the Grammy's don't bother about nominating him now, why would they bother nominating him in the future? He's literally 'hurting' himself rather than the Grammy's.... I'm sure they won't lose sleep about it.

I just find it silly for an adult to act like this. 

• Love 4
On 3/12/2021 at 1:39 AM, DougFrmBrazil said:

It would be a different story if he was nominated huh? So, something isn’t good anymore because I don’t get my way so I will boycott. Celebrities need a wake up call. 

This. I loved After Hours but Weeknd is acting like he didn't get 2 grammys in the 2016 Grammy Awards for the Starboy era? Chile, he is acting like the Grammys has never nominated him.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Honestly the award aspect of award shows are pretty irrelevant nowadays, the only reason to watch is for performances and fashion, or possible controversy. I used to try to cate about watching all Oscar nominated movies, but I quickly realized half the stuff that gets nominated is just boring stuff that appeals to old white straight men. The Grammys are kind the same, I guess they’ve realized in the past few years they were becoming irrelevant though so they started nominating younger artists in different genres. 

as far as The Weeknd goes, he just seems like a cry baby at this point. Did he deserve nominations? Probably. But how long is he gonna keep whining about it? If they’re so irrelevant why do you care and keep talking about it??? It’s like he’s trying to make a big deal out of him not submitting his music. Ooooo you’re so EdGeY and cOoL. Also comparing not submitting yourself for an award to taking a knee in protest at a sporting events millions of ppl turn into every Sunday, seems so self righteous and REACHING. 

blinding lights is a bop, but I’ve never really cared for his music, so it doesn’t bother me at all he’s not nominated. 

at the end of the day, award shows seem silly the older I get. Art is subjective, everyone has their own opinion and a bunch of rich ppl deciding what the “best album” and song the year has little effect on what I think is the best. Comparing art just seems silly. I’m someone who loves female pop singers, so to me, The Weeknd doesn’t stand a chance next to Chromatica, Folklore, and Future Nostalgia. But I’m sure there’s lots of ppl who feel the opposite. 

• Like 1

Honestly he didn’t need to be there. The people that were nominated took over music this last year. The Weeknd thinks just because people danced to his music on TikTok that he should’ve won everything :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: 

Doja and Dua both did more in their separate 5 minute performances than Abel did in the entire halftime show. He needs a reality check. :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Like 2

Like he has the power to tell his record label what to do with their own product?

He's an artist under their label. Contracts have been made. I dont get the grandeur.

The label administer and manage working with producers, writers and the entire production. They manage his brand and coordinate the distribution and manufacturing of the records, they have a say in it too lol. But i get it, it is a pr stunt; "i'm too good for the Grammys, they cant see my godly work so i wont allow peasants to judge my work cuz they are not qualified". It's a way to save face. Honestly he should have won something :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:.

Who are those Grammy experts anyway? They love the watermelon The World Just Wants To Be Harry Styles' Watermelon Right Now - Grazia but completely ignore the pineapple The Weeknd. | The weeknd, Abel the weeknd, Beauty behind the madness.     

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block