The Weeknd: I won't allow my label to submit my music to the Grammys

The Weeknd has stated that he will be boycotting the Grammys going forward. This comes weeks after his 2020 album, After Hours was snubbed from all categories.

He states he will not be putting his work forward for consideration due to the “secret committees” that decide who gets nominated.

EwOSfZXXIBADmyF?format=png&name=large

Related:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

The Grammys feel legit irrelevant at this point ngl. I'm kinda dreading them on Sunday. 

weeknd.jpg

It's interesting to note that he won in both 2016 AND 2018. Neither of which he accepted himself in person.... Both times, someone else accepted for him. They probably felt like he was paying them dust from the beginning. I kind of don't blame them for not nominating.

Spoiler

I'm not a fan of TikTok music anyways. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
  • Like 3
16 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

They only nominate what they like and award the artists they like..

The fan voted ones I feel the artists of today prefer more than the academy. 

I know the Oscar's was gonna do one public award for fav fan film..

But they rescinded when they realized the fans don't care for serious arthouse films..

They nominate the ones who pay the most and we all know Atlantic bought that Grammy for Cardiana :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

They are the coronavirus of the music and Cardi the herpes of the rap community :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I truly don't find him that revolutionary tbh. He seems to think extremely highly of himself. Sorry about your TikTok music, Abel....

All his lyrics are about snorting ***** and ******* models. Many people think the Grammys are a clone of the VMAs and People’s Choice but those tend to award pop and the Grammys tend to go for singer songwriters with deeper meanings in their songs. Looking for the art in Abel’s music :searching_looking:

• Haha 4

He’s not humble. When people show you who they truly are, believe them. He might ruin his career by doing this. No one is going to want to work with a diva. I already he suspect he’s gay anyway. This just confirms it. Anyway, yeah, he’s an arrogant loser like Kanye. Britney is humble. She’s not ruled by the opinion of her peers. You think she thinks about what the Grammys think of her? Britney only has one Grammy! One! She is confident (well she was) about her artistry that she didn’t need validation. Britney doesn’t need anyone’s approval. The weekend is ungrateful. What kind of person call himself the weekend? Eww. Disgusting freak. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block