Britney Spears... RETIRING?! (New BreatheHeavy Video)

I commented on the video earlier but here my two cents on this matter..

I think it could go either way art wise but I think she does not want the “fame machine” anymore as is. She’s definitely heavily thought of retiring over the years and who could blame her after everything. 

I believe at the very LEAST a big break. She loves music and dancing so perhaps she would do that in some capacity on her own time but idk about touring and all that jazz for the cameras. 

As fans we have learned so much more about her situation now that the majority of us thankfully seem to back whatever she wants!

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

True, but at the same time... retiring is creating the ultimate routine, right? 

...of twirling videos on Instagram?

From the older people I know who have already retired, many have had or still have a hard time being able to create their own new routine. Britney even joked about it recently, saying she might even become a doctor with so much free time. But I don't see that drive in her, otherwise she would be like JLo or Gaga, who are always working on something, even if it's a new perfume (that they are PERSONALLY involved in) or a make up line or reading scripts for a role in a movie or whatever. But what has she done, or what has she hinted at? (besides the "red rose project", which no one had a clue what that was about besides a series of random home photos).

I honestly think her mental health issues are worse than what we think. She's just too young and too smart and too capable and too passionate to not be doing something. Even if she got burned from so much work and stress non-stop since such a young age, artists who take long breaks usually come back in full force and with renewed energy, but she seems to be pleasantly chill and happy since at least two years now..... That's crazy to me for such a talented and rich young woman. Even in a conservatorship. Because if she's fred from it (assuming she actually wants out, which I'm not sure about), I expect her to come up with a new album or something the NEXT DAY because I imagine she had been working on it behind the scenes since day one: Nothing stops her from writing music or practicing singing or jotting down concepts or even drawing some look books, I don't know! Girl wake up. Ugh nevermind me, I'm frustrated. But I survived 2007 as a fan so I guess I can deal with this too.

This is such a hard one! 

It makes me so sad to think Britney might just disappear, but honestly, she deserves it. It’s sad to realize what the internet / pop culture took from Britney. They’ll teach psychology courses someday around it. Nobody took a harsher beating than Britney. 

This Woman gave up her Dignity, her health, and even her kids. She lost her humanity and became a brand. That’s not ok. When you think of it that way, my God does she deserve to be done. 

I can’t imagine how I’ll handle that news, but hey, best to Britney either way. 

4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Moving to Hawaii to chill and live in peace sounds legit perfect though :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

But yea I think she loves performing too. She's literally posting videos of her dancing on her own little stage (in her home of course). It's just the money suckers that she wants no association with. 

Right? Britney has the money to live wherever she wants in the world... and it seems like she likes Hawaii enough to call it home full time. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: I'd love daily IG videos of her twirling in her Hawaiian garden. Here for it. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

RBD was a pop group that disbanded in 2008. The individual members didn't retire but they were always against coming back or even reuniting. They literally stated many times they wouldn't do so, but flash-forward to 2020, and just last weekend they had this virtual concert, and they've released a new single, and they don't close the possibility of doing something else next year. Their true fans never lost hope though, and they waited all these years despite what all the members kept saying on interviews. That's what fans do. 

OMG I remeber RBD!! :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003: thats wild they came back.

But its true ill be here waiting for *Nsync to reunite until I'm dead :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: and even then I'll go looking for them in my after life. I was never able to attend a live concert. 

• Like 1

Great video Jordan! Honestly loving them, super informative and would be great for those not too familiar with Britney or her current situation!

It truly gives us a lot to think about, as much as it'd be sad to see her retire i'd be happy if that's what she wanted.

However, saying that I feel like she is still passionate about music and loves performing (we can see that from her instagram posts), she definitely misses being out there.

I think when she's free or someone else is conservator she'll come back with a new album but will do less promo!

I want to believe that Britney will not retire and that she will be inspired again once she take the reins of her life. Although after all the pain she suffered through all these years I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to end up her career at the moment. If that is what she wants I would be extremely sad but happy for her at the the same time. She has given us so much. It's her life. We don't know about the contracts and "obligations"  that she has to complete, but I'm sure that if any day she's out of this unfair conservatorship, she'll do at least one last album as a thank you and a goodbye to all her fans, and maybe, a small tour or residency.:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

I definitely don’t believe Britney is ready to retire she just feels stifled and stuck in this conservatorship to where nobody would wanna work anymore or continue to make these people money where she’s trapped allegedly. I think it was also mention to you that Britney does not want her father in control of her career refuses to work until he’s done and gone and out of the picture so I definitely don’t think that she plans to retire I think she’s just tired and over a lot of being controlled musically and careerwise and I think once she gets more autonomy in her freedom back hopefully down the line that that will inspire her to really show her voice through her albums and music and do what she wants to do.

• Leader
21 hours ago, Intheblue said:

I think she will do another residency but low key, maybe 12 shows a year . Maybe from Hawaii. She likes to perform . She doesn’t like to promote or do interviews. So I can see her doing small M&M type shows in Hawaii.

I think she’d like a career ironically like Christina Aguileras current  

I also see a residency in her future, but probably not Hawaii. That would just seem so difficult for both fans and her to travel to (although I'm sure no one would mind). But imagine her stage on the beach :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: