Britney Spears... RETIRING?! (New BreatheHeavy Video)

• Leader

Hey Exhale, 

After news surfaced that Britney might be retiring from the music industry for good, I decided to make a new YouTube video about it. *Should* Britney retire? Are there any upsides? Downsides? I explore the report and offer my perspective on the whole thing. 

Any support you can show the video would be greatly appreciated :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: The more engagement the videos get, the more videos I can create :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Check it out below and sound off in the comments! 

Related:

retire-britney-bh.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: She's put her career on hold for the last several years though 

Imo if she put her heart into it she's here to stay 

true dat

ACTUally,one day of fourty she is like she is gonna retire

but most of the days she be - i am gonna continue, i am not gonna cancel, i appreciate ALL my fans

so which will win?

of course her big heart to her fans

:-)

i mean for a second there my passive thought rigged over me. i know there is hope!! BECAUSE SHE IS A GOOD PERSON to her fans :-)

i forgot it for a second

I think it's 50/50. She loves performing but she hates everything that goes along with it. If she were out of the conservatorship, I could see her getting inspired again and creating an incredible album. At the same time, I feel like she really craves living a quiet, private life and maybe when her boys are 18+, she will get a house in Hawaii and spend the rest of her days working on her garden and going to the beach... until she gets bored and comes out of retirement :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

• Love 3

What I see is that she really loves to be creative and artsy fartsy and manages to create pop perfection when she really wants to. But I don't think she really enjoys being on stage in revealing leotard and heels lipsyncing to her old hits or going to studio and sing over demos that were already written/produced for her without any of her input. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

She really needs her freedom so she can do whatever she wants and re-find her passion whether it's in music or painting or swimming in Hawaii, whatever. I can't watch the conservatorship going on and ruining her life any longer :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 4
  • Leader
51 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

I said this in the comments on Jordan’s video but I will say it here too, I think it’s unlikely she will retire. However she definitely will take long breaks between eras 

Thank you so much for commenting on the actual video itself :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: That REALLY helps my channel out a lot. Thank you thank you. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
46 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

I think it's 50/50. She loves performing but she hates everything that goes along with it. If she were out of the conservatorship, I could see her getting inspired again and creating an incredible album. At the same time, I feel like she really craves living a quiet, private life and maybe when her boys are 18+, she will get a house in Hawaii and spend the rest of her days working on her garden and going to the beach... until she gets bored and comes out of retirement :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

Moving to Hawaii to chill and live in peace sounds legit perfect though :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

But yea I think she loves performing too. She's literally posting videos of her dancing on her own little stage (in her home of course). It's just the money suckers that she wants no association with. 

• Leader
44 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I believe she has discussed retirement with her kids therefore she does think about it often.  I'd rather her retire and come back later if she changes her mind.  I mean, she will ALWAYS be Britney but we need closure on the situation for a while.  I think announcing retirement and disappearing for 5 to 10 years is what she needs to do.  

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: I'm sorry I think you accidentally typed 5 to 10 years 

• Haha 2

I truly don't know... You can tell that she loves performing but at the same time she hates routine, so she's less and less motivated to do the whole album cycle or commit to the vibe of a certain era (which, on the contrary, is SO BEAUTIFUL to me, honestly). But I'm sure there should be a new way to tackle this, especially now with streaming and most artists starting to release only one-off singles , which I hate, but if this keeps her working and in the game, I'm here for it. I mean, getting "Swimming in the Stars" out of nowhere was such a TREAT! If only she would make a video for it... (that would be simply amazing). And then move on to the next thing if she's tired of it.

One thing is for sure: If you want to stay active in this business, you have to have a huge drive (like Britney at the beginning, or like JLo or Beyoncé since day one) or write your own music (like Gaga / Katy / Taylor / Miley / Dolly...), otherwise the course of her career will exclusively depend on the proposals that are thrown her way and the specific moment she is in her life. That's what happened/happens with Cher, who was/is still in the game depending on what others suggest her to do, and then her deciding on whether to take it or not. I see that same attitude in Britney nowadays, very similar to Cher's: two very accomplished artists that have done a lot but now are jaded and need a huge outside motivation to get up and give their all again. It's sad, to be honest, but I'm trying to be realistic and not lie to myself. Please prove me wrong, Britney...

• Like 1

I just hope, if she’s considering her fans at all in all this, that she knows we are cool with whatever she decides. It feels like TeamCon’s been teasing a possible retirement as a threat to the fans for years. Like Brit working is all we care about. For me, music and performing is a BONUS to seeing her happy and independent. If all she wants to do is grow her family and live a quiet life incognito, I fully support that. She could even be a doctor, if she wanted. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

I said this in the comments on Jordan’s video but I will say it here too, I think it’s unlikely she will retire. However she definitely will take long breaks between eras 

you are a societal example of Exhrell

i knew it long ago

cause you see you gained my interest for 12332143 long ago and i think you are a genius

i love numbers and also that you are a Britney fan

it is so original and these numbers are meditative

P.S. how often do you actually log in :) just curious with that long *** username :) but it is so inspiring and original. noone else has that and it like goes on and on like this smile emoji :) 

1 minute ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

you are a societal example of Exhrell

i knew it long ago

cause you see you gained my interest for 12332143 long ago and i think you are a genius

i love numbers and also that you are a Britney fan

it is so original and these numbers are meditative

P.S. how often do you actually log in :) just curious with that long *** username :) but it is so inspiring and original. noone else has that and it like goes on and on like this smile emoji :) 

Thanks? P.S 

You actually think I am a genius?

• Love 1