Y’all underestimate how huge Femme Fatale was globally.

FemmeFataleBrit

32 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The main thing I noticed in my circles is that people didn't really know it was Britney. I know it sounds weird, but even with Scream & Shout, as ironic as it sounds because she literally says "Britney, *****", it's like, there was this disconnection between the current Britney and the past one. As if they didn't realize that it was the same Britney that used to sing Oops, BOMT, Toxic, etc. 

I remember in college, which was like 2011-2015, when people found out I was a Britney fan, they were like "but she hasn't done anything in years :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: " and then I would show them songs from Circus, FF, etc, and they were like "OH IT'S HER?! :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: " and it turned out they did know songs like Circus or Womanizer, Till the World Ends, but I don't know who the hell they thought it was, but they just never realized it was Britney Spears. 

I dont think it was like that in Brazil, but I understand what ure talking about. It was almost like many people liked the songs, but didnt care who was singing them. That there was a disconnection between Britney the artist and gp already. Maybe the sound was really generic and thats why people thought it could be anyone, like it didnt sound that Britneyish. I still love HIAM tho.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I think the problem with Femme Fatale is that it wasn’t a trendsetting album and Britney clearly wasn't involved and didn’t want to do promo:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Despite its success the album can be seen as a regression as far as her being an artist. I personally love Femme Fatale but as a die hard Britney fan it reminds me of Oops or Baby because it was manufactured pop :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

But it was trendsetting.. 

Dubstep + electro pop become massive after it.. everyone was talking about the new sound it brought..

the sad thing was that Britney looked medicated all the era.. she wasn’t feeling performances.. in that era as I remember she tried to remove c-ship and end of the era she stopped trying.. I wonder what happened during

4 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

Dubstep + electro pop become massive after it.. everyone was talking about the new sound it brought..

the sad thing was that Britney looked medicated all the era.. she wasn’t feeling performances.. in that era as I remember she tried to remove c-ship and end of the era she stopped trying.. I wonder what happened during

Dubstep was already trending before Britney started doing it. I cant with fans saying Britney started this trend. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Her singles did really well and had a long run more than almost all her other eras. The radios loved them. 

That being said that era was a mess. 

FFT was a mess as well. 

I do like the album a lot but I feel like because the singles were so big and overplayed I sort of avoid them still to this day. 

12 minutes ago, Needleney said:

Dubstep was already trending before Britney started doing it. I cant with fans saying Britney started this trend. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

It wasn’t trending in pop and no one is saying she invented it.. 

and it’s not about fans, it’s based on critics reviews that started after hold it agains me was released :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

FF was the last actual physical CD i bought. Its one of my favorite albums because every song on it is fun, upbeat and catchy. 

I do remember all the talk when hiagm came out and people were going nuts over how Britney was doing dubstep

Dubstep wasn't huge in mainstream yet

That being said, the singles are actually my least favorite off the album except for Criminal and I wanna go, I didn't love at the time but has grown on me over time. TTWE is the only one I regularly skip.

I remember the hype when ttwe came out about how Britney was dancing again in her videos... and then I remember being a bit let down by the video itself

Britneys energy herself is a whole other story, one that I sadly didn't recognize at the time as being sub par. Looking back, I can see she wasn't in it but at the time I absolutely loved this era because it seemed like GP had finally moved on from "crazy shave her head britney" and had accepted that she was truly back on top as the icon she is

FFT was also the last time I saw her live 😭 

54 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

As far as dance albums go....

Rihanna’s 2010 LOUD album says :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

Katy Perry’s 2010 album TD says :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

Keshas 2010 Animal album says :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

FFT was another Dr. Luke production full of ear worms. As far as Britney introducing dubstep to the mainstream...in some ways yes but in others no. Katy B was already doing dubstep tracks in 2010 (check out On A Mission) either way I still enjoy FFT 

I was sat in subway beginning of the year..they were playing FF so I had another drink refill and was jamming out to trip to your heart and gasoline like the thirsty ***** I am.. 

FF was a solid album and it still is..looking back I always thought why didn't they just use nicki minaj instead of sabi?? 

It's a great album especially for parties and getting ready..I just wish we got circus tour dvd instead of FF

Criminal has done really well on YouTube recently..the video is great. 

Its an album full of bops..great era..but looking back its clear britney was pissed of, she really thought the cship would ended by now..its like they told her before the eta properly started "just a heads up, the cship isn't going away anytime soon..... ANNNND ACTION"

1 minute ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

FFT was another Dr. Luke production full of ear worms. As far as Britney introducing dubstep to the mainstream...in some ways yes but in others no. Katy B was already doing dubstep tracks in 2010 (check out On A Mission) either way I still enjoy FFT 

Blackout had a dubstep tracks too checkout the freakshow.. 

I’m saying about the different level.. 

ff was more experimental than those albums..

and If I can’t express myself clear it’s ok I’m done with this topic.. FF isn’t even in my top 3 favourites albums (Or 4 maybe 5)

7 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

To be fair most critics give credit to britney for doing it first on freakshow in 2007 look it up

I cant at people calling ff a meh album, go listen to the production and hooks on that album everything is top notch! Id say its one of her best production wise, every song is a bop and britney delivered vocally, her vocals are heavily edited but it goes with the kind of sound she was doing. Theres a reason why it gave us 3 top ten hits

2 hours ago, Needleney said:

But she was the first major star that did a song with it, it brought attention to it in the mainstream music.

18 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It was definitely successful but it was also an underperformance. Last time Britney was a main pop girl. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

I mean, ofc it wasnt as successful as 21 or even Teenage Dream, but who else was that successful at the time? And tbh, these were their 2nd albums, FF was Britney's 7th. I think an underperformance was def 4. No one was giving enough damn about Beyonce at the time and all the singles flopped. But yeah, FF was def the last era Britney was one of the main pop girls. 

Archived