Y’all underestimate how huge Femme Fatale was globally.

FemmeFataleBrit

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2020 at 7:23 AM, PokemonSpears said:

The main thing I noticed in my circles is that people didn't really know it was Britney. I know it sounds weird, but even with Scream & Shout, as ironic as it sounds because she literally says "Britney, *****", it's like, there was this disconnection between the current Britney and the past one. As if they didn't realize that it was the same Britney that used to sing Oops, BOMT, Toxic, etc. 

I remember in college, which was like 2011-2015, when people found out I was a Britney fan, they were like "but she hasn't done anything in years :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: " and then I would show them songs from Circus, FF, etc, and they were like "OH IT'S HER?! :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: " and it turned out they did know songs like Circus or Womanizer, Till the World Ends, but I don't know who the hell they thought it was, but they just never realized it was Britney Spears. 

I agree with this. This was a conversation I’ve had with numerous people who weren’t quite fans of Britney; they knew the songs but didn’t know they were her. 

On 12/4/2020 at 4:23 PM, PokemonSpears said:

The main thing I noticed in my circles is that people didn't really know it was Britney. I know it sounds weird, but even with Scream & Shout, as ironic as it sounds because she literally says "Britney, *****", it's like, there was this disconnection between the current Britney and the past one. As if they didn't realize that it was the same Britney that used to sing Oops, BOMT, Toxic, etc. 

I remember in college, which was like 2011-2015, when people found out I was a Britney fan, they were like "but she hasn't done anything in years :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: " and then I would show them songs from Circus, FF, etc, and they were like "OH IT'S HER?! :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: " and it turned out they did know songs like Circus or Womanizer, Till the World Ends, but I don't know who the hell they thought it was, but they just never realized it was Britney Spears. 

I mean imagine how iconic she’d be considered if she just managed to bounce after Blackout instead of being forced to work like a working horse

It bums me out how much hate FF gets on here. The era certainly wasn't flawless but it was a great era and overall a lot of fun. The album might not be super creative or innovative but it was fun, upbeat, dancey, carefree which is a lot of the kind of music I enjoy from Britney. It was very well produced and had some amazing pop songs.

The promo was a lil rough but we had more promo than Circus. We had 4 really good videos. And the tour was very, very fun. I went so I can say. Britney didn't dance her *** off but she really didn't dance much from 2007 to 2015. The show was also well-produced. I loved the story line, the sections of the show, the remixes, the audience interaction, and the set list.

Not to mention the album and singles did pretty well commercially. I don't ever expect Britney to really dominate again but I'd love to see her with another FF era with multiple hits and public interest.

Archived