Y’all underestimate how huge Femme Fatale was globally.

FemmeFataleBrit

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was a very successful era, nobody denies it, but i really dislike it. the whole era makes me cringe, it’s clear she didn’t want to be there during promo and even the tour. The music is ok I guess, it’s the only Britney album along with Brenda Joan that I don’t listen anymore.

I think the problem with Femme Fatale is that it wasn’t a trendsetting album and Britney clearly wasn't involved and didn’t want to do promo:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Despite its success the album can be seen as a regression as far as her being an artist. I personally love Femme Fatale but as a die hard Britney fan it reminds me of Oops or Baby because it was manufactured pop :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Commercially “Femme Fatale” was a relatively successful era. The singles performed well. The music was good. That’s about it. Britney “the performer” was just not with it, and it was for all to see. She should have never embarked on a tour at that stage. 

The main thing I noticed in my circles is that people didn't really know it was Britney. I know it sounds weird, but even with Scream & Shout, as ironic as it sounds because she literally says "Britney, *****", it's like, there was this disconnection between the current Britney and the past one. As if they didn't realize that it was the same Britney that used to sing Oops, BOMT, Toxic, etc. 

I remember in college, which was like 2011-2015, when people found out I was a Britney fan, they were like "but she hasn't done anything in years :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: " and then I would show them songs from Circus, FF, etc, and they were like "OH IT'S HER?! :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: " and it turned out they did know songs like Circus or Womanizer, Till the World Ends, but I don't know who the hell they thought it was, but they just never realized it was Britney Spears. 

1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

It was huge. Not Circus huge, but easily on par with J Lo, Nicki, Kesha and Katy at the time 

Jflop only had on the floor as a hit, her album flopped. Adele, Katy, Gaga, Britney and Nicki were def the most successful ones at the time, the ones everyone were talking about. 

23 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I Wanna Go literally peaked at #111 in the U.K. but go off. The Femme Fatale album was primarily successful in North America along with a few other countries. Nothing compared to Circus though. 

FF was successful, but for some reason the singles didnt do that well in the UK. HIAM was #6 and TTWE #21. IWG was her biggest hit on the radio in the USA, but in the UK flopped :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

55 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

She was a part of the big pop eras of 2011, we all remember britney gaga Beyoncé and Katy as a pop moment that time. It was just britney the person felt...absent?

Beyonce's era kinda flopped at the time, no one cared about the singles, they didnt do well. I remember that the VMAs that year were all about Britney, Gaga, Katy, Adele... And thats why Beyonce had to announce her fake baby bump on stage, bc that way people would be finally talking about her lol 

29 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Don't ever compare Oops!... I Did It Again, the best album of all time, to this generic basic dance-pop album that wishes it was Blackout. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Those albums may have been manufactured but they are legendary and also set trends for pop music. That's why Femme Fatale is kind of meh. It was a safe album for Britney and it definitely sounds like a 2011 album. 

I personally like this era. Well, she was HUGE in many countries in 2011 to 2013, I Wanna Go, Till The World Ends and Scream And Shout were HUGE hits in Europe. The promo of FF was on point tbh, unlike BJ and Glory. I think FF was the last era where the promo energy was high (even if Britney’s energy and hype seemed to be very low).

Archived