Y’all underestimate how huge Femme Fatale was globally.

FemmeFataleBrit

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take aside the fact she didn't have much creative input with FF, but I've always wondered how BJ and Glory would have played out if 2016-ney had been around for the FF era.  The music and visuals were super strong and very well received by the GP - but the persona and the stage ability/presence just didn't live up to expectations and I think people weren't as here for her in the years following because of that.  

• 2 months later...

But if we are being honest, She was more of a singles artist at this time with Till The World Ends, Hold It Against Me being huge hits and Criminal becoming a sleeper hit which would eventually become the biggest hit from FF, but I don't think people really cared about the album, since its sales was quite low compared to her peers at the time and compared to Circus was a steep :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

On 12/4/2020 at 7:26 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I Wanna Go literally peaked at #111 in the U.K. but go off. The Femme Fatale album was primarily successful in North America along with a few other countries. Nothing compared to Circus though. 

The singles were big internationally. TTWE and Criminal are still very popular songs to date. The album though was a local hit tbh :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

But if we are being honest, She was more of a singles artist at this time with Till The World Ends, Hold It Against Me being huge hits and Criminal becoming a sleeper hit which would eventually become the biggest hit from FF, but I don't think people really cared about the album, since its sales was quite low compared to her peers at the time and compared to Circus was a steep :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

The singles were big internationally. TTWE and Criminal are still very popular songs to date. The album though was a local hit tbh :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Not more local than Priyanka :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Just now, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Going #1 on Netflix isn’t much to brag about I wouldn’t get too brave :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Considering Netflix is the biggest series and movie app now, and the main source for people watching movies in quarantine, it is a big achievement that people were interested in see a Bollywood movie in over 64 countries :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Considering Netflix is the biggest series and movie app now, and the main source for people watching movies in quarantine, it is a big achievement that people were interested in see a Bollywood movie in over 64 countries :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

Framing Britney made more headlines and outsold :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: I didn’t even know Priyanka was an actress until I googled ‘Priyanka #1 in 64 countries’. That should tell you enough. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Archived