Why It’s Okay to Support Britney Spears' New Song "Swimming in the Stars" [Opinion]

9 hours ago, Daredevil said:

Who said we hate Britney's music? This comparison is really bad

We are claiming we hate the industry making the "meat"

So getting the exact same meat without supporting the industry will satisfy our cravings

WTF some people's logic I can't really..

Well if that helps you sleep at night, good for you.

All I'm saying is even when you're convinced you're doing the right thing, there's always someone seeing things from another perspective and will question your ethics and values. Shaming others for their decision doesn't help anyone.

Is not hypocritical to listen to something that according to many of you Britney didn't approve? Just because you're not giving coins to Jamie, does that remove the fact that is wrong? 

Again, I personally wouldn't dare to judge anyone because I'm convinced I'll end up listening to the song one way or another. I just hate people pretending to be saints by "boycotting" the song but bopping to it illegally, and then throwing stones at those that do buy the vinyl or stream it on official platforms.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Again, I personally wouldn't dare to judge anyone because I'm convinced I'll end up listening to the song one way or another. I just hate people pretending to be saints by "boycotting" the song but bopping to it illegally, and then throwing stones at those that do buy the vinyl or stream it on official platforms.

With all due respect, I don't think anyone is acting like a saint. I think people are simply saying not giving them any more money is best. I was only criticizing those that were making up bogus excuses to justify buying the song. Like saying Britney's team will get no money from this release.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Just my observations, but of course I could be wrong. Britney has stated she no longer wishes to perform whilst in the conservatorship. I imagine the conservatorship makes a pretty penny when negotiating massive contracts such as residencies or world tours. But I have a feeling music could be different: 

- She may have contractual obligations to the record label. 

- I recall Sam praising Glory and Mood ring doing so well in the charts (I know people have their options on him, but whatever)

- Britney has thanked fans for making Glory Number 1 (I realise there is debate as to the control of her instagram)

- For Britney as a person, surely when she sees her music doing so well, (years after the original recording) she could consider it a sign of public support and appreciation for her craft and circumstances. I'm sure her first thought isn't ' I no longer enjoy topping the charts because of my Effing dad'. Even if some of the proceeds drain her estate. But her estate is being drained now anyway with costs etc and will continue to be drained. Less  £££ coming in  through her not working hurts the beneficiaries for sure, but it also leaves less for her to enjoy the rest of her life with. 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, toysoldier88 said:

You all are making such a big deal with this song but it's something really minor.

It's not a new single, It won't turn her\Jamie richer or bankrupt. It really have the Power to do nothing, fans can listen to it, It is Just a bonus track like It was Mood ring remix:brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

That’s what I don’t get...like people here are acting like Karens over a single, like it or not and you have the freedom to chose not to support it but going on this witch hunt rampage is ridiculous. Like it’s not the end of the world and it’s not gonna kill her or make Jamie richer...she’s continuing to live her life the best she can make it yet people here are making it seem like she’s huddled in a corner rocking to herself. She just doesn’t want to be controlled and do their bidding. She doesn’t have anything against us so why are we fighting? Like I feel people yet again know her more due to her personal life and forget she’s a legendary popstar and the one few times we are reminded that she is one, people are making others feel bad for discovering her music, how are they helping? 

• Like 3

Everybody’s keep saying they don’t want to support Jamie,  her money is being drain at an alarming rate, so when she do get free she going have to bust her ***. I don’t see the problem supporting her music, it’s not like she force to work. She has made it clear she doesn’t want to work & she hasn’t. Music being release is not her working. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 11/12/2020 at 12:28 PM, BringTheAction said:

This is another reason why I mentioned the label in my long drawn out ramble in the OP. They will get paid and then pay Britney 

Yes “Britney” will get paid but will Britney Jean Spears be able to even see the money, will it even go directly in her pocket?!

evidence has proven that’s not how it works 

• Like 3
On 11/14/2020 at 2:49 AM, Puppy said:

I don’t get why people are making a fuss over this. Like she only said she refuses to actively work and that means  new stuff like she was supposed to actually appear for the pop up shop since word is she will be there. I’m guessing she was also supposed to do the MATM recreation but didn’t want to. But like what’s the harm of releasing old stuff? Like for once can we just stop fighting and just be fans? I know for sure she won’t be mad if you are jamming to swimming with the stars? She loves that fans appreciate her work, many of the songs she finds ridiculous yet we adore like Oops. She doesn’t have anything against us so why are we treating her work like it’s icky now? That money pays for Britney’s lawyers too that’s fighting for her and it’s paying the bills for her kids so nothing you could do about it. The money will never stop and just put faith in the professionals because now that they are co conservators they can monitor where the funds are going but y’all acting like loose cannons and basically tainting her music as a guilty thing disgust me more because she didn’t work so hard just for people to not listen to her music and enjoy it like it’s intended. Doesn’t matter if you don’t listen to her music or not, they have money still. Look this whole thing is gonna go on forever so stop with this boycott thing, it’s stupid and does nothing but make a big noise without any results and I’m gonna acknowledge this before the naysayers say it, it’s impossible to stop a million dollar business like Britney’s. That’s like saying let’s boycott Starbucks and end their greed! Music is her least bankable income compared to her fragrances and touring so why aren’t y’all making a stint about that? Like I said, that’s why there’s professionals and they know what they are doing. Things don’t happen quickly, did y’all really expect the judge was gonna set her free on the last hearing? 

Its a slow process and even the gram girls have said this whole ordeal will take forever so are you planning on taking down a million dollar company who have a bunch of pros working against you? I feel like many of you *****ing others supporting the single are feeling helpless you can’t do anything and feel like boycotting makes you sleep better at night knowing you did something. Again, now that pros are in the picture things will be a lot more difficult for Jamie. Look even this lady who is a lawyer says things are heading toward a good direction so why are y’all still at this?

So you wrote a novel just to say you’re not supporting Britney’s  boycott of her OWN career.

Britney doesn’t even support her own brand so why should the fans

YOU SHOULD GO:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I'm very confused tbh but one thing I will say is that personally I understand the idea of how supporting this would let Britney see that fans are enjoying her art and etc. but if some fans choose to not support it and she doesn't reach #1 for example, I think she would still understand regardless why fans are not supporting it and not hold it against us. 

Edited by IAmJustAKnee

For one, Jamie Spears says he's doing everything he's supposed to be doing managing the estate  -- and that includes keeping it thriving and bridging the gap on any hiccups that could cost his daughter a fortune, including making sure a biz manager's in place.

Case in point ... Jamie says he has years-long record of managing her business affairs and assets incredibly well, and that he actually pulled her out of significant debt and looming lawsuits when he took over and got the estate to its current status of being worth around $60 million.

Jamie claims that financial ruin was avoided on his watch -- and that there's no substantive reason to ask that he be removed now.

source: https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/08/britney-spears-dad-jamie-makes-case-remain-co-conservator-estate/

Support the new unreleased single? 

UH, I THINK THE **** NOT.

Download it from "alternative options"...

and BOYCOTT LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW, Y'ALL.  Exhale Emote Origins - Page 10 - General - BreatheHeavy | Exhale

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
10 hours ago, Britman512 said:

So you wrote a novel just to say you’re not supporting Britney’s  boycott of her OWN career.

Britney doesn’t even support her own brand so why should the fans

YOU SHOULD GO:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

It’s a good thing I have that power so watch your mouth. :gunriah_mariah_carey:

On 11/14/2020 at 6:35 AM, Cardiff1992 said:

I suppose there is the very valid and concerning point that Britney is taking a stand by not working and standing up to this absolutely horrendous conservatorship where she has been treated just terribly.

On the other hand, if she drops singles on their own (not like the fourth single from an album) and they totally flop as no one listens, this makes her seem over and irrelevant (which she is not!) and I worry about her future with her label etc if she ever wants to return to music and performing.

#freebritney

Support the single whilst supporting freebritney 

For all we know shes happy with the songs release..she only said she won't perform WHILST her dads in charge.. i don't see why ppl on here are blowing this out of proportion 

Stream the song..hashtag freebritney then just illegally download it

• Love 1