Why It’s Okay to Support Britney Spears' New Song "Swimming in the Stars" [Opinion]

Britney hasn't acknowledged the song yet so I'm leaning towards not supporting the release (unless she will address it in a video before the release)

I don't think the issue is that because it's an old song Britney hasn't worked for it. The issue is supporting a release (AND future releases) using Britney's name WITHOUT her support. If people buy it, they'll just do it again and again.

I'd prefer a clear point of view by Britney herself but if we're not getting that, I think the court documents and what's going on with #FreeBritney is definitely more in line with NOT supporting the release.

And it's not like you can't listen to the song. Downloading the MP3 for this is just fine. It's not like we haven't done that in the past. 

As for making FreeBritney awareness by using the song. I don't see that happening by using Spotify... And also, there should be a clear #FreeBritney campaign to support this. (And I don't just mean a tweet with the song. )

I would love to see Britney succeed on the charts again. But her success is what drives teamCon as well. So we gotta be careful with that. Britney's happiness > Britney's chart success