Why It’s Okay to Support Britney Spears' New Song "Swimming in the Stars" [Opinion]

40 minutes ago, UnyewsualYew said:

Anyone that's been sending Myah abuse really needs to log off the internet. A 10 second snippet of BRITNEY and she's receiving personal insults about her looks. 

I'm literally enraged by this. 

I messaged her on behalf of the sane portion of the fanbase to apologise and she replied. She hopefully knows its just a limited few, unhinged stans with nothing better to do. 

gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

• Like 2
14 hours ago, FreeLou said:

It’s sad that this thread is at the top. The fanbase should be united. We did a good job with #freebritney by BEING united. Not only should these threads like this not be made IMO, we should make an active effort and campaign to boycott this song. 

Unless the OP (and some others) are Team Con pretending to be fans, I just don’t get it. You have black and white proof, literally court docs stating Britney wishes NOT to resume her career until her dad is out of the picture. It’s obviously not because she’s lazy, but because SHE DOESN’T WANT THEM TO EXPLOIT HER NAME ANYMORE. 

Britney’s dignity and life have been stolen away from her. Why would anyone, even hypothetically, be okay with supporting it? Listen to the song all you want - illegally. No need to pay Jamie. 

I said that it seems like Jamie is going to be removed quickly from this conservatorship which is what we all want. That would take him out of this situation.  

It’s insane that you’re accusing me, a FAN, of being a fake fan and part of “Team Con” just because I think the song can be supported... and your name is FREE LOU smh

What you have to realize is that the label owns all the rights to everything that Britney has recorded and if they want to release it at any time, in any way, they will. And then she will be paid whatever she’s earned. There’s nothing we can do about that. 

• Like 1

Wether you support or don't support this single right now seems pretty insignificant to me.

As long as the focus and attention is on the Freebritney movement. There's no need to start pointing fingers among ourselves. We have clarity and certainty on the fact that Britney wants out of this c-ship and that she is afraid of her dad and needs him to be out of the picture. He is going to get his paycheck anyway as long as he is on board, wether she or the label makes a little change from a new single or not. 

I personally choose not to contribute to this single in any way. If anything this release is in extremely poor taste by UrbanOutfitters and the team when you consider there are so many questions on her wellbeing and her being abused for financial gain. 

• Like 1

Funny that most of the people rabidly salivating at these releases are those who constantly degrade how she looks, attack other users without end on various threads, live overseas where shipping costs for these vinyls are incredibly high, and using any excuse in the book to come up with excuses why it’s immoral to buy it. Please y’all are getting tiring AF and feel justified because the same circle jerk are quick to band together to demonize everyone else. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: OP is right, but per usual the usual crowd of “bOyCoTtTtTtTt”crocodile tears showed up :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

• Love 2

This is the only website that supports Britney where I see the toxicity of fighting with other members over something as trivial as buying these vinyls. Y’all probably illegally downloaded her work throughout her career and even admitting to wanting to illegally download this song. That’s like someone being opposed to fur but still buying it on eBay. The hypocrisy is  getting tiring and y’all need some hobbies because “constantly fighting with people buying these vinyls” is not a cute look for your resume :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BringTheAction said:

I said that it seems like Jamie is going to be removed quickly from this conservatorship which is what we all want. That would take him out of this situation.  

It’s insane that you’re accusing me, a FAN, of being a fake fan and part of “Team Con” just because I think the song can be supported... and your name is FREE LOU smh

What you have to realize is that the label owns all the rights to everything that Britney has recorded and if they want to release it at any time, in any way, they will. And then she will be paid whatever she’s earned. There’s nothing we can do about that. 

I wasn’t talking just about you, Team Con obviously reads this forum so it makes sense they would have some fake fans here. Those fake fans might try to deliver a message similar to yours, that supporting her brand is important to her legacy or some other bull**** - and eventually persuade other real fans that this **** is okay. It isn’t. 

I would understand some people’s naivety if there wasn’t LITERAL EVIDENCE she didn’t want them to exploit her name. Her human rights are being violated because of her money and status, why prove to them how lucrative it is to keep her hostage? 

Seems like Jamie is going to be removed completely? I disagree - the fact his *** isn’t out at this point is alarming enough. But I’ll play devil’s advocate here... even if he is removed “soon”, at this point in time he STILL makes a profit. We don’t live in the future. I don’t think we should support anything until she’s completely free anyway, we need to show them this enslavement has consequences. 

Why is it such a problem to illegally download the song, anyway? You get to enjoy it and at the same you’re helping to teach Team Con a lesson. Seems like an easy win/win for everyone. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Do not support slavery! This is an insult to Britney and her fans. They think we are mindless robots who only demand new music from her. Have some posture, patience and self respect. She will release new music on her own terms once she is free. The only one gaining from this are Tristar and James Spears. 

Britney herself said on court that she wont work until she is free from her evil and disgusting father.

Come on guys support Britney the person! the Brand can suffer as long as those hell spawn are in control of it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, BringTheAction said:

There actually is something we can do about it; we can hit them where it hurts and withhold the song’s commercial performance. Apparently, the court is only responsive when her career is on the line, so let’s show them what “grave and irreparable harm” looks like as long as Jamie is at the helm. With Brit on strike, their ability to cash in is only as real as our willingness to buy their recycled recordings and old outtakes. It may feel like we have no control over the situation but I think we have more power than we realize if we join our girl. They can’t do it without us.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

There actually is something we can do about it; we can hit them where it hurts and withhold the song’s commercial performance. Apparently, the court is only responsive when her career is on the line, so let’s show them what “grave and irreparable harm” looks like as long as Jamie is at the helm. With Brit on strike, their ability to cash in is only as real as our willingness to buy their recycled recordings and old outtakes. It may feel like we have no control over the situation but I think we have more power than we realize if we join our girl. They can’t do it without us.

LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!

People remember We have the power! We can speak with our wallets. The faster this ends, the faster Britney will release music on her terms. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, adios said:

Lmao yeah go ahead and make Britney lose a record deal. Also, as far as I know Britney goes to Hawaii whenever she can, and Hawaii is not cheep, so if you think you're only hurting Jamie by not streaming the song, you're wrong

Is that a promise of a threat? RCA blows and by nature record labels exploit their artists, so yeah seems like an ok thing if she gets dropped. As if she couldn't get another deal or just go independent.

Even with everyone stealing from her she still has plenty of money. At least enough to where we can be consistent and not support this song or any Britney brand release until at least her dad is gone. She's not hurt one iota. Guarantee she dgaf about the song.

9 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Funny that most of the people rabidly salivating at these releases are those who constantly degrade how she looks, attack other users without end on various threads, live overseas where shipping costs for these vinyls are incredibly high, and using any excuse in the book to come up with excuses why it’s immoral to buy it. Please y’all are getting tiring AF and feel justified because the same circle jerk are quick to band together to demonize everyone else. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: OP is right, but per usual the usual crowd of “bOyCoTtTtTtTt”crocodile tears showed up :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

If you don't think that applies to you and the other team con apologists, you're trippin. No one's criticizing her looks on here that's probably you. Keep projecting.

9 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This is the only website that supports Britney where I see the toxicity of fighting with other members over something as trivial as buying these vinyls. Y’all probably illegally downloaded her work throughout her career and even admitting to wanting to illegally download this song. That’s like someone being opposed to fur but still buying it on eBay. The hypocrisy is  getting tiring and y’all need some hobbies because “constantly fighting with people buying these vinyls” is not a cute look for your resume :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Really poor analogy. How is it like buying it on eBay when you wouldn't even be paying for it?:idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Not hypocritical in the slightest if they issue is giving her team money. Sounds like you can't handle criticism because I see heated exchanges wherever Brit is discussed on the internet. Just look at her IG.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, adios said:

Lmao yeah go ahead and make Britney lose a record deal. Also, as far as I know Britney goes to Hawaii whenever she can, and Hawaii is not cheep, so if you think you're only hurting Jamie by not streaming the song, you're wrong

She's the Britney Spears, she's not going to lose all of her money if this song flops. ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

5 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Really poor analogy. How is it like buying it on eBay when you wouldn't even be paying for it?:idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Not hypocritical in the slightest if they issue is giving her team money. Sounds like you can't handle criticism because I see heated exchanges wherever Brit is discussed on the internet. Just look at her IG.

I can handle criticism just fine. You think you’re doing something grand with your back and forth statements, but you’re just entertaining me at this point. Will make sure to hit you up if I ever need to hire a clown :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:  Buying on eBay still supports something y’all are so against. Sounds like the real ones tripping up over any excuse in the book to justify why you’re morally superior to the rest of us :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I can handle criticism just fine. You think you’re doing something grand with your back and forth statements, but you’re just entertaining me at this point. Will make sure to hit you up if I ever need to hire a clown :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:  Buying on eBay still supports something y’all are so against. Sounds like the real ones tripping up over any excuse in the book to justify why you’re morally superior to the rest of us :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

People aren't morally superior to you, you are just trashy... Go ahead and give me WP again and ban me you ******* ***** :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

If you don't think that applies to you and the other team con apologists, you're trippin. No one's criticizing her looks on here that's probably you. Keep projecting.

Did I say on here? I’m talking about previous posts. Users who have constantly criticized her looks IN THE PAST AKA earlier this year are now talking about people buying the vinyl supporting Britney’s enslavement. Get a damn grip. Britney would be embarrassed to have “fans” like you. I’m pretty sure she would get mad at us for buying the vinyls. She wouldn’t like how disgustingly nasty y’all have been to those buying them. You don’t want to buy them? Cool mind your business and use those coins to buy some common sense 

• Love 1