Why It’s Okay to Support Britney Spears' New Song "Swimming in the Stars" [Opinion]

About the paying to the producers, don’t producers and everyone involved get paid royalties when the song is officially released? Like yes they already paid to make the song but the producers and everyone still gets paid royalties when the song is released. I think this is the main reason artists don’t typically release a bunch of unreleased songs cus the label doesn’t wanna pay for it

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

just be aware that just talking about Britney is an indirect way of promoting her music.

You might not be buying or streaming it on official platforms yourself, you may not even talk about the music at all, but simply spreading the word of #freebritney has made others go and listen to her songs. I must sound like a broken record now, but seems like everyone chooses to ignore this fact, but this year the YouTube Britney channel at least (I ignore the stats about Spotify etc) has seen an increase in daily views, like it hasn't had in years. It's currently receiving more daily views than it did in 2018-2019. And this is considering she's been on a hiatus for two years with no new releases but that Mood Ring EP. 

(now as a comment in general) 

As some people were using the vegan example yesterday, downloading the illegal song and bopping to it and talk about it on social media, to me seems like a vegan eating fake meat. Like yeah, you're still vegan, but still wanting to feed your crave for meat. If you despise meat so much, why even try to  have a replacement for it? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

So in MY opinion, supporting #freebritney and still buying the stuff her team puts out, yeah, that can be seen as hypocritical. As hypocritical as not buying her stuff, but still enjoying it in some other way, when you're supposedly convinced that they're taking advantage of her with it. Like, if her team putting music out offends someone so much, the whole idea of it should be as disgusting, just the thought of listening to it or even seeing the cover of the single should make this person uneasy knowing what it represents. 

It's as if you knew that someone is being forced to make adult content, and you're like, "oh no, I'm not gonna pay for it, because I'd be contributing to the exploitation, however I'm gonna download it for free from another site, and enjoy that in my house guilt-free", while on social media still advocating against it. Or like downloading the unauthorized leaked ***** of someone, famous or not. Not paying for it doesn't exempt you from being part of the problem. 

Just saying... 

Amen! Thanks Godney!

You and @OnlyBeyonce restored my faith in exhale, I thought all the people I liked in here were supporting the release of that song. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I agree with you that listening to the song illegally it's also unethical, but I would take anything as long as Britney team does not receive more money to keep suing fans and exploiting Britney. I'm not listening to anything until Britney and/or her lawyer endorses it. :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

• Love 2

As long as Britney expressed that she will not work until Jamie is removed, i cannot in good conscience support her music. 

the Britney Army out of all people should respect her autonomy. She hasn’t even posted a single thing about the song (just like the zone, which she boycotted). 

if you respect Britney the person you will respect her wishes and boycott the same way she is. But most people in the fandom don’t. It’s obvious. 

• Love 2
  • Like 6

If you downvote me for simply stating this possible idea then its says more about you as a person than me so I'm not bothered..but it is impossible to say that britney HERSELF doesn't actually mind this song being released..even if she's stating she isn't performing WHILST her dads in charge..is it ridiculous to say that after bidens victory,  the fact that she's happy generally speaking,  is in a relationship,  her fans are in lockdown,  its winter,  maybe..just maybe..britney doesn't mind the song being released. I mean we got mood ring when glory went number one, she's clearly happy with any success even if its a bonus track, she was going through court stuff then and she still acknowledged it..shes acknowledged the #freebritney movement and seems to endorse it.. its not ridiculous to assume britney is actually happy for the shooting with the stars release..we ain't getting a video nor a performance..its just a bonus track. Realistically if Jamie spears wanted the movement to quieten down then we wouldn't get anything,  no new artwork, no new single ..IF britney was 100 percent against the release then she can tell Sam ingham who would then inform the court..basically if she was upset then we will probably find out eventually.

..however,  its dark times for fans,  she is still acknowledging her last album despite her hiatus, she knows, Jamie knows, team b even knows that this release is actually going to do more good for the #freebritney movement than bad, can we just listen to the song united,  whether you stream or illegally download is irrelevant.. this isn't the last court case we know that..the fight isn't over.. can we just show britney that there's still something worth fighting for!

It the song gets no exposure at all, then the only winner is jamie,  not us, not britney,  but jamie..because the freebritney movement comments/exposure will be so low .. as fans we should be smart about this..listen,enjoy,  especially now in these dark times ..the lyrics " so let's go,  swimming in the stars tonight,  and were glow, shimmer in the diamond light" 

For me its giving me hope after a very stressful year..  the song release DOES NOT diminish the #freebritney movement at all ..in fact it could actually make the movement bigger and louder,  the GP love a good side to back ..we should be uniting as fans not arguing..

The song release is going to make no difference to jamie but it could be a positive step for britney (still smiling and coping despite the issues , still acknowledging her fans" 

People are going to see this as a positive light for britney.. its a cosy winter style song, we are all in lockdown,  trump is gone thank god , for me this song is a perfect metaphor that there's potential light at the end of the tunnel. 

BTW if britney was so against her career (she only said WHILST) then she'd feel no need to post Instagram, update Instagram) ..but guess what we're getting vids saying she's happy,  she's exercising, inspirational quotes.. so maybe JUST maybe,  britney might actually not mind that the songs being released.. it won't make any difference to her or jamie BUT it could bring alot more attention to the #freebritney movement. 

Just remember to hashtag #freebritney when you stream,  we get to hear a new track,  more attention for the movement,  

Everyone's already saying " I hope she gets the freedom she deserves" 

I don't see a genuine reason with backed up evidence that jamie in anyway profits more from this release,  don't you think he would automatically look even worse after the court hearing if this was just his decision.. until I hear from britney that she ISN'T happy with the songs release, im going to look forward to it, I aint buying it so its not like their gaining my money..the only thing britney will gain is hopefully respect,  sympathy,  and more awareness to the movement moving forward.. theres going to be more court dates for britney to fight for her freedom.. personally I think this is her way of low key saying thank you to her loyal fans, a way to keep her fans hopeful, a way to say thank you, and a way to show that just because she won't be performing soon, don't give up on her, don't give up on the movement,  stay positive,  she knows its been a tough year for all.. 

I dont think britney is desperate to release this song, I don't think britney is against it either. I think its like mood ring, its a gift.. its not going to harm britney in any way, in fact i think it will get the public talking about britney again for the and right reasons.. that surely must be a good thing 

That's my 2 cents..upvote me, downvote me, I couldn't care less.. just stating its almost rude to assume britney doesn't want to release it when if anything it seems that Jamie will be the one who gets the bad exposure he deserves.. all this will do is keep the #freebritney movement going strong.. its for the fans..its not out of the question that britney actually wants to give her fans the song,  so the media can cover her in a positive light rather than constant court doom and gloom. ..sleep on it..personally I Don't see any negative consequences for britney herself with 1 bonus track being released.. look what mood ring did for her self esteem and the movement.

Positive vibes.  Okay 👌 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Unusualyoufrench said:

I support the release of the song, it's all about music not about the conservatorship. Many of us supported mood ring during the free Britney movment and now it's bad to support the New song, if you act so you should also stop stream all of her songs. Do not confuse music and the conservatorship abuse.

R u serious? Plenty of people criticized mood ring. Sorry you weren't paying attention. Not surprising considering you said "it's all about music not about the conservatorship" wowww:rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

You basically just said what's important is content, not Britney's freedom. Great fans.

• Love 1

This is exactly why Britney needs to talk about the whole movement.

"She" is releasing new music but there's no information on who is doing what.

Why should i buy new music if she hasn't herself addressed it.

When Mood Ring released, i asked the same thing about what happened to FreeBritney  and i got downvoted. Like:beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 1

For whoever needs to hear this:

You can be a #FREEBRITNEY advocate and still be excited for Swimming In The Stars.

Lets not bulls*** ... 99.9% of fans will be straight online to listen on the date of release... so I honestly cannot read anymore bull about some fans trying to patronise other fans for being excited for the song. It’s embarrassing. 

I’m FreeBritney til I die and will fight til Satan Jamie is a distant memory. But let me be clear right now.... an unreleased Glory track from 4 years ago... is NOT supporting/glorifying (excuse the pun) the conservatorship in any way.

If you took the time to read up on the statistics, you’d find that after XYZ, team B will make next to nothing from this release.

It’s a harmless release, that’ll hopefully bring fans together in a time of uncertainty and anxiety.

Britney has claimed that she will ‘not work until her dad is gone’. And I stand with her 100%. And I will be there not ‘if’ but WHEN this happens. But this is NOT her ‘working’. It’s a cutting-room reject release to give a little something to the fans.

And I’m being honest... it’s honestly given me hype I’ve not had in I don’t know how long! In all the darkness surrounding Britney just now- it’s the first time in a long time that I’ve been like ‘ear to ear smiling’ excited.

I support people boycotting and their reasons why. But don’t be sitting spitting venom at excited fans who aren’t doing the same. TBH... you’ll be just as curious/excited come release date also. 

:straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Lol this reminds me of the ppl who think JK Rowling is the worst person on earth but still want all the Harry Potter merch so they make up loopholes about how it’s not really supporting JK to buy HP stuff, lmao of course she’s getting your money 😂😂

Anyway not interested in starting fights, personally I don’t want anything Britney brand until at least Jamie is gone, preferably until the entire c-ship is dissolved and we could hear her do proper interviews speaking about anything she releases etc, that’s if she even wants to continue. Not even interested in hearing a Glory reject from like 5 yrs ago tbh. All this stuff - The Zone, the $16 vinyl of ONE SONG and now release of this old *** single is such an obvious cash grab because she won’t work. I absolutely won’t support it.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Barajas said:

Amen! Thanks Godney!

You and @OnlyBeyonce restored my faith in exhale, I thought all the people I liked in here were supporting the release of that song. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I agree with you that listening to the song illegally it's also unethical, but I would take anything as long as Britney team does not receive more money to keep suing fans and exploiting Britney. I'm not listening to anything until Britney and/or her lawyer endorses it. :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

d8dp91s-182e8a0d-844e-4c66-a1dc-8bb6ab91 well I might disappoint you, but I'm not taking any position :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I'm just giving everyone arguments to support their debate, a cheap attempt of food for thought.

I personally couldn't care less about what others do, so I won't judge anyone. But if I have to keep seeing these debates going on, I wish people at least were discussing all the sides and not just the part that is convenient to them.

At this point I'm still yet to see someone that says they're not buying or streaming the song, but that they're also not gonna listen to it illegally, like at all, and if someone comes up and tells me so, go find someone else that believes you, because I won't d8ecmiz-d5302002-29d9-4466-8aff-ca67cd3e. No true Britney fan would resist to listen to a new/unreleased Britney song, even in this situation.

Otherwise, then you're not a fan of hers and her music, you may just sympathize with Britney the person for her situation or may enjoy some of her stuff as a casual listener, but the whole meaning of being a fanatic of someone or something is to love or idolize that beyond reason. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Again, I ain't anyone to judge someone else, but if that's the game, to judge people, I would go against everyone and shame both kind of extremists because they're a bunch of hypocrites in their own way. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• You're buying her stuff, but supporting #FreeBritney, shame on you
  • You're not buying her stuff, but still bopping to it illegally, shame on you too (also you're lowkey a criminal)

And if you're spreading the word about #freebritney on social media or youtube, be aware that you're pushing Britney's music up in the algorithms and the more we talk about her, the more people will go and stream her songs, giving her conservator more money. Her YouTube channel alone makes around $200K monthly, and as I've said millions of times, this year it has gotten the most daily views since 2017, so it's obviously because of all the #freebritney talk. So congratulations to all of us for creating awareness while also making her team richer d8xhfpx-bddfb313-c9e6-4d4b-acd9-86f0132b

But it's awful to make people feel bad, so I'm not interested in that. The war is not between us, is against the system that has allowed her to be under this conservatorship for almost 13 years.

• Love 2
  • Like 1