Why It’s Okay to Support Britney Spears' New Song "Swimming in the Stars" [Opinion]

12 minutes ago, Barajas said:

Also in the snippet the song sound super outdated :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

After a draining 2020 I think its sounds very hopeful and intimate,  people have been in lockdown, this song is almost perfect timing , its winter style,  reminds me of staying in with your partner/lover/friends kind of feel it ..it sounds hopeful and cheery and I think after a disastrous year people need this vibe 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Lemon_Drop said:

It was recorded in 2015 :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

Exactly all this controversy for a 5 years old scrape she didnt wanted to include in Glory, cause probably she didnt like it.

Right now is not about us getting new music just because we are bored, is about Britney fighting to have her basic rights and stopping the people who is exploting her  :beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I waited years to get her music on vinyl. You all can boycott if you want but I’m going to keep buying certain vinyls without shame. 

My Prerogative arrives to my house today. 

That just makes u sound selfish. Buy it if you want but to be so proud and boastful of your unethical, consumeristic tendencies is quite counterproductive.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PrettyGorl said:

No, you don’t get to project your own mess on to others. this thread is very peaceful because pickle isn’t here. Period. You also are a negative presence by playing devils advocate to a fault but at least you have a little more civility 

What the heck is wrong with you? I literally didn't say anything and here you are trying to start a fight again.

Don't call my presence negative when all I've ever done is state my own arguments without insulting anyone. Unlike you who doesn't seem to know when enough is enough. You're clearly crossing a line here by throwing yet another insult at me. 

Do yourself a favour and don't quote me ever again.

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Il be YouTube mp3ing it and streaming it and il be hashtagging #freebritney on every listen so people are still aware of the movement.. that way I'm not supporting it blindly just enjoying the music whilst still spreading awareness and showing that I support the movement.  As fans we could use this to our advantage..just a thought 

just be aware that just talking about Britney is an indirect way of promoting her music.

You might not be buying or streaming it on official platforms yourself, you may not even talk about the music at all, but simply spreading the word of #freebritney has made others go and listen to her songs. I must sound like a broken record now, but seems like everyone chooses to ignore this fact, but this year the YouTube Britney channel at least (I ignore the stats about Spotify etc) has seen an increase in daily views, like it hasn't had in years. It's currently receiving more daily views than it did in 2018-2019. And this is considering she's been on a hiatus for two years with no new releases but that Mood Ring EP. 

(now as a comment in general) 

As some people were using the vegan example yesterday, downloading the illegal song and bopping to it and talk about it on social media, to me seems like a vegan eating fake meat. Like yeah, you're still vegan, but still wanting to feed your crave for meat. If you despise meat so much, why even try to  have a replacement for it? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

So in MY opinion, supporting #freebritney and still buying the stuff her team puts out, yeah, that can be seen as hypocritical. As hypocritical as not buying her stuff, but still enjoying it in some other way, when you're supposedly convinced that they're taking advantage of her with it. Like, if her team putting music out offends someone so much, the whole idea of it should be as disgusting, just the thought of listening to it or even seeing the cover of the single should make this person uneasy knowing what it represents. 

It's as if you knew that someone is being forced to make adult content, and you're like, "oh no, I'm not gonna pay for it, because I'd be contributing to the exploitation, however I'm gonna download it for free from another site, and enjoy that in my house guilt-free", while on social media still advocating against it. Or like downloading the unauthorized leaked ***** of someone, famous or not. Not paying for it doesn't exempt you from being part of the problem. 

Just saying... 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

What the heck is wrong with you? I literally didn't say anything and here you are trying to start a fight again.

Don't call my presence negative when all I've ever done is state my own arguments without insulting anyone. Unlike you who doesn't seem to know when enough is enough. You're clearly crossing a line here by throwing yet another insult at me. 

Do yourself a favour and don't quote me ever again.

You don’t know when enough is enough with your contributions to this forum. Sorry I’m defending Britney and her interests on a Britney Spears forum. You put your needs before a woman who is being exploited and abused and you want to act like the victim. If you have such a strong opinion expect a strong response.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Why should they stream the song?ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

To pour money into the estate of Britney's, which could potentially be used to pay for the litigation team that her dad hired? ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

Exactly girl. But don’t even bother. These people are gonna say since one stream is a fraction of a fraction of a penny Britney's team is getting nothing.
They don't understand the principle of the matter, as they say.:icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Exactly girl. But don’t even bother. These people are gonna say since one stream is a fraction of a fraction of a penny Britney's team is getting nothing.
They don't understand the principle of the matter, as they say.:icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Agreed, obviously if you only stream the song once then they're barely making money but when you start adding it to playlists full of the song on loop for hours and start compromising your health to stream (people have actually done this), that's when your health starts to go down and the brand starts making money which begins to add up from others stuck in the same cycle. 

I'm not super into details of her c-ship, but as far as I understand, Britney getting monthly allowance. So even if single will beat all charts, she'll get same money to spend. The rest will go to "her accounts" which is controlled by you know whos. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Also, I'd love Britney so sign for new record company. And if she won't bring revenue, may be they'll her go.:barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Yes, I do live in fairytale...:thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: