Britney Spears' new single "Swimming in the Stars" SNIPPET OUT NOW!: the rumored details

Slayer

7 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

You idiots do know that they're releasing this for money rite? You think Britney willingly wanted to release an unheard single? Britney is refusing to work, what's the quickest to make a few bucks? Release scrapped singles, when it leaks you can download it for free and you won't be contributing to Jaime's gravy train. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

Do people release music... not for money? That’s literally what record labels do...

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Jamiea1112 said:

See I am reading it as ‘2 weeks after UO release’ ... which to me is 29th Jan.

But god... I hope I’m so very wrong and it’s infact two weeks today. Ha! 
nervous friends GIF

It says

Spears' single will exclusively be available for purchase at the online and in-store retailer two weeks before heading to digital and streaming platforms.

I don't know if it's on stores, but it's already available for online purchase right? Or is it pre-order? 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It says

Spears' single will exclusively be available for purchase at the online and in-store retailer two weeks before heading to digital and streaming platforms.

I don't know if it's on stores, but it's already available for online purchase right? Or is it pre-order? 

It’s preorder from today then shipping Jan 21. 

I hope it’s streaming 2 weeks from today. DREAM. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

Think what you want, y’all are hurting Britney more than Jamie by not supporting it. She’s not gonna be mad at her fans for liking her music, even if she wasn’t for it. You’re allowed to be a fan. And streaming it doesn’t magically mean you support the conservatorship.  

Let's not forget how proud Britney was of US FANS for getting Glory to number one on iTunes. She literally made a video thanking us, and I read she was the driving force behind getting Mood Ring on streaming alongside the new artwork.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I'm not made about it. Its literally a Glory track why wouldn't they use a photoshoot from 2016?

That Glory reign just won't let up. Longest era ever. And deservedly so. :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

Yes but no, plenty of people use older tracks from previous album sessions years later and don't utilise old artwork.

I want creativity in my obvious quick money grabs :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:

• Love 1

Omg an ethereal EDM track???? YASS!!! Happy Shaun The Sheep GIF by Aardman Animations

I understand many of you not supporting it, but I think it's still fine to stream it.  She refuses to work (as in the stuff she personally doesn't want to - residencies, appearances, etc.), but releasing a previously unreleased track is a great way for her to still make some income while still protesting. Plus she could still easily be recording tracks from home as she's done before.  She's still an artist after all and dancing and singing is her passion, so you can't really hold back her creativity.

Plus, if we don't support her then if gives RCA and any future label leverage to not financially support her career, as we've already been seeing these last few years with RCA not marketing her music.

Also i love that cover... like it's telling a story... first she's chained and complicit while in a state of 'glory', now the chains are broken and whispering (implying she's almost free?), and then maybe the rumoured platinum cover will be the chains broken and her completely free?

• Love 1
  • Like 3