This Day in Pop: 'Britney Spears: The Singles Collection' is released in 2009 (November 10)

16 minutes ago, Deepheat01Deepheat01 said:

Hey guys.  Due to being handed a plate of **** by Covid19 and losing my income I've decided to sell my extra TSC Box set.  It's the limted international edition CD/DVD box, in excellent condtion (CDs never played).   If anyone is interested then please PM.

I sent you a PM.:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 2

Wow! Great memories... I remember being so excited to finally get a Britney retrospective box set. Her record label did a great job with the packaging overall. :)

However, I prefer to EU version to the US version because the singles are very tightly packed in the US box. In the EU box, the singles have room to breathe (on me). 

it also bothers me how the DVD doesn’t include Overprotected (international version), Boys, or 3. So it’s not a full collection per se, but I guess close enough. 

2 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

However, I prefer to EU version to the US version because the singles are very tightly packed in the US box. In the EU box, the singles have room to breathe (on me).

I didn't know that... So you mean that the box is bigger in the EU release?? How can I see that? Do you know of any unboxing video or at least a picture? I googled and all the boxes look the same to me...

25 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I didn't know that... So you mean that the box is bigger in the EU release?? How can I see that? Do you know of any unboxing video or at least a picture? I googled and all the boxes look the same to me...

I used to have the US Editon but I traded another fan for the EU Edition. The EU box is slightly bigger and the singles don’t feel as compressed in the actual box as they do in the US edition. 

The box set got some mixed reception from fans .

The DVD is a single layer, not a dual layer and that made the picture quality actually pretty crappy. 

The CD Singles all looked identical to one another, most fans said at least include a replica of the original artwork on the CD 

Not all the content was actually included. 

Many of her singles contained interviews and An instrumental version. Fans wanted that not the outdated 45" Vinyl/Jukebox treatment (if only they knew 11 years later her team would start exclusive 45's one sided not two sided).

The box set is now a very expensive Penny..

Can be found on amazon for roughly between 250.00 the cheapest to 2,500 the most expensive. All used, most refuse to sell the dvd, as this was her most recent up to date video compilation. 

Fans said imagined if Sony did what Warner did with Madonna's celebration. 4 hours of Music, they could have sold it as the first Super Deluxe 4 CD Set, plus DVD of videos and The Circus tour on dvd or Blu Ray at best buy exclusive. 

She would have had massive sales..

It's also noted that the only first print of the box set actually hurt them having at least two additional pressings would have made the album at least Gold in the US. 

• 11 months later...