This Day in Pop: 'Britney Spears: The Singles Collection' is released in 2009 (November 10)

tscbs.jpg.80745a3dea6349cab13c8c12ca18167a.jpg01.png

On November 10, 2009, Britney Spears released The Singles Collection, her second greatest hits album. The compilation was released in order to commemorate her 10th anniversary since she entered the music industry. It included singles from her first six studio albums, as well as her latest #1 single which had been released earlier that year, 3. Initially the album was announced to be released on November 23, but it was moved up to November 10 and many versions were released around the world, in different formats: one-disc, CD+DVD and a deluxe box set.

thesinglescollections.png

The deluxe box set included all of her singles packed individually with their original cover, as well as a DVD with her entire videography (except 3). As opposed to Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, this DVD didn't include any extra content such as alternative versions or cut scenes.

01.jpg

This box set included all of her singles from ...Baby One More Time to 3, including the ones from Greatest Hits: My Prerogative and Britney & Kevin: Chaotic, as well as the original B-sides and remixes that were released with each of them, such as I'm So Curious, Autumn Goodbye or Mona Lisa.

thealbumscollection.png

The CD version of the album didn't include all the singles though:

1. 3
  2. ...Baby One More Time
  3. (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix!)
  4. Born to Make You Happy
  5. Oops!... I Did It Again
  6. Stronger
  7. I'm a Slave 4 U
  8. I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman (international version of the CD)
  9. Boys (Co-Ed Remix ft. Pharrell Williams)
  10. Me Against the Music (ft. Madonna)
  11. Toxic
  12. Everytime
  13. Gimme More
  14. Piece of Me
  15. Womanizer
  16. Circus
  17. If U Seek Amy
  18. Radar

and the iTunes Store deluxe edition added Lucky, Sometimes, Overprotected, Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know and Break the Ice.

03.jpg

The album debuted and peaked at #22 on the BB 200 but it went top 15 on Japan, South Korea, France and Mexico.

03.png

04.png

05.png

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I'm gonna make everyone who doesn't have this box set so jealous. I actually found this for $20 dollars brand new at a record store. It was the best day of my life :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

The set itself is beautiful but they could have added way more stuff  I felt it was kind of wasteful to have all those cds with just two songs on each.

Yes! They could have added remixes or at least songs we've never heard before nonetheless it's an exciting box set. I love all the Britney hearts. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, DMG1991 said:

I've been wanting the box set for so long, but I only have the standard version of the album.

same :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

well, I have the international CD + DVD, which if you play on the computer, it messes up the names of the tracks. Starting with Not a Girl, it appears named as Boys, and so on every following track has the incorrect name until Radar is just called Track 18 :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

Ugh I still wish to get the boxset but Ebay scalpers are selling it for $430 :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

Regardless, I loved this complitation and even though the GH:MP is more iconic, i think quality-wise TSC is a much better one and has more gems on it compared to GH:MP and i love that booklet! Not to mention how this is her most critically-acclaimed album ever :orangu_orangutan_ape:

If TSC was released around the Golden Age of Complitations (1980-2005), it would have been HUGE and sold much more than a million copies. I wish Telephone was given to Britney. That way, we could have got a Britney Spears- Telephone FT. Lady Gaga, Beyonce MV for the Single Collections and it would have been probably the biggest hit of the late 00s :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Overall, this complitation slays :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Midnight said:

I'm gonna make everyone who doesn't have this box set so jealous. I actually found this for $20 dollars brand new at a record store. It was the best day of my life :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

The set itself is beautiful but they could have added way more stuff  I felt it was kind of wasteful to have all those cds with just two songs on each.

Can I ask when and where?:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Love 2

Still looking for the box set :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad: 

this was my first Britney's cd i think i bought it with my allowance in 2009 :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I got the cd+dvd version a year later.

Anyone remembers the website when she released this cd? There was a game on it, in which they played little clips from the music videos and you had to guess what music video the clip was from.

I used to play that all that time :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 4
  • Like 1