Kylie Minogue's new disco-tinged single "Magic" has arrived: watch the video

Jordan Miller

28 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

It helps, but it's still just not clicking with me. I love Kylie and want to like what she puts out, but she tends to be all over the place.

Skirt and Get Outta My Way are criminally underrated. 

Fair enough, she has been putting out these "euphoric" mid tempos lately. I think she's more comfortable with her roots and I understand your frustration because you know she has the potential to be more progressive. Hopefully "Magic" will click for you.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Fair enough, she has been putting out these "euphoric" mid tempos lately. I think she's more comfortable with her roots and I understand your frustration because you know she has the potential to be more progressive. Hopefully "Magic" will click for you.  

Plus Everytime she experiments whether it's her short deconstruction albums Kylie Minogue and Impossible Princess, then Body Language, Kiss Me once and Golden. Her British fans Always complain that it's not Kylie at all..

Disco has won back her British fans. 

The British fans says when it comes to Kylie. Who cares about the other nations or Countries. It's not like she's needed anywhere else. 

They basically want her to do the music they want and it shows. And it proves that it alienates the rest of the world just to cater to her biggest fan base and support system. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Plus Everytime she experiments whether it's her short deconstruction albums Kylie Minogue and Impossible Princess, then Body Language, Kiss Me once and Golden. Her British fans Always complain that it's not Kylie at all..

Disco has won back her British fans. 

The British fans says when it comes to Kylie. Who cares about the other nations or Countries. It's not like she's needed anywhere else. 

They basically want her to do the music they want and it shows. And it proves that it alienates the rest of the world just to cater to her biggest fan base and support system. 

Familiarity is always nice, so I understand that. Like, I'd be in favour for 10 variants of ... One More Time for example, but I'm always open to variety. So should the British. Maybe not to the extreme of let's say Golden all the time which I understand (even then Kylie sure showed them how you properly do a Country Pop Album), but embrace let's say what Little Mix did with Black Magic. Hopefully they will be more open.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Familiarity is always nice, so I understand that. Like, I'd be in favour for 10 variants of ... One More Time for example, but I'm always open to variety. So should the British. Maybe not to the extreme of let's say Golden all the time which I understand (even then Kylie sure showed them how you properly do a Country Pop Album), but embrace let's say what Little Mix did with Black Magic. Hopefully they will be more open.

Yeah I like that she had a diverse catalog. I wasn’t a huge fan of Golden era but I understand it’s her trying something different. 

• Like 2

It's here

Two versions Single Edit and album mix

Plus say something 

Magic is 70s Disco (roller Disco)

Now I get the title. It's not the genre. But the various forms of Disco.

Say something is Euro Disco 

Magic ( The opening track) is 70s Disco 

Kylie might be the real Artist to give us disco music as she did grow up In that time period. Bee Gees, Olivia Newton John (Ironically Do you believe in Magic is such a tribute to The #1 hit by onj from the Xanadu soundtrack.)

Love it. Every other act including future nostalgia is mostly 80s Music inspired

• Love 4
  • Like 2

https://youtu.be/adIl-dIaiEc

Kylie just released the second single from her upcoming 15th album, Disco, called "Magic"! 

Personally, I love this much more than "Say Something", the production is very upbeat and bouncy and the chorus is so damn catchy!

The music video will premiere in 10 hours (here in the U.S.) but by the thumbnail it looks incredible!

What are your thoughts on "Magic"? Do you like it more than "Say Something", feel the same, or think it's worse?

• Like 2

I used to be a massive Kylie stan before Kiss Me Once but god, her newer music just isn't cutting it for me. Say Something was so uninspired, and so is Magic. It's just generic disco pop music without any redeeming qualities or memorable hooks; I mean, you know Kylie's doing something wrong when I - the biggest Dua and Ava hater on BH - prefer their music over  Kylie's latest efforts. :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block