Kylie Minogue's new disco-tinged single "Magic" has arrived: watch the video

Jordan Miller

I kinda wanna know what music @Hooked-On-Knee is into. Something tells me, he's very different. 

One of my exes is into ICP and a serious juggalo which shocked me, but he did say. The gays fall into the stereotype gay icon status. 

Anybody can be a gay Icon defined by the person themselves. I just chose a really unconventional one as they really are ignored by the lgbt community, but they have great messages told thru sarcasm and Horror film Logic. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I kinda wanna know what music @Hooked-On-Knee is into. Something tells me, he's very different. 

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Anybody can be a gay Icon defined by the person themselves. I just chose a really unconventional one as they really are ignored by the lgbt community, but they have great messages told thru sarcasm and Horror film Logic. 

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

I mostly listen to ballads, rock and hip-hop mostly haha. 

(Although I listen to a lot of 80s - 00s pop music, and I'm a bit into K-pop. )

6 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

They really haven't. :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

220px-Dua_Lipa_-_Future_Nostalgia_(OfficThe_Weeknd_-_After_Hours.pngJessie_Ware_%E2%80%93_What's_Your_Pleasure%3F_(Official_Album_Cover).png

Taylor_Swift_-_Folklore.pngLady_Gaga_-_Chromatica_(Official_Album_Cover).pngKesha_-_High_Road.png

Sawayama-album-cover.jpgChloe_x_Halle_-_Ungodly_Hour.pngHalsey_-_Manic.png

BTS_-_Map_of_the_Soul_7.pngMac_Miller_-_Circles.pngFiona_Apple_-_Fetch_the_Bolt_Cutters.png

These albums saved 2020, and we got one of the most artistic pieces this year :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

14 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

If that's innovative then Britney is Michael Jackson level of innovative. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Well the album brought the disco revival and pioneered it :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

15 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I know trash when I see it. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Omg my eyes cannot handle the utter-blasphemy i read rn :eyes_britney_laugh:

15 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Old disco is at least somewhat decent, this is like the new Hip-Hop version of Disco. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Well atleast the ears can tolerate :clownery_makeup_meme:

If you are coming to defend 2019 Mainstream Rap, then your opinion is disco is totally different because you have a whole different taste of music :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Guys, please read this! This is what I mean when I say this woman is a PROFESSIONAL. AND she puts her heart into it too:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/9450435/kylie-minogue-disco-new-album-inspirations-interview

Excerpt:

13Sound_Minogue_1-embed-1600357386

Minogue started preliminary work on Disco using a Shure SM7B microphone she had around the house while waiting patiently for the arrival of a pricier one in the mail. “Opening the case for the Brauner VMX was such a moment,” she recalls. “It was very exciting to get the equipment, fire up my logical-rational brain and find the right place in the house to put it. I was dragging [around] duvets and blankets and clothes racks to make [my lounge room] good for sound.”

13Sound_Minogue_2-embed-1600357391

Switching from GarageBand to Logic, Minogue says the audio workstation intuitively made sense to her “Mac brain,” and she was able to self-record her vocals and send them to her producers. “I got really into it, and I’m annoyed with myself it took this long for me to get a handle on it,” she says. “It’s good to add new skills to your set.”

13Sound_Minogue_3-embed-1600357381

While making her Nashville-flavored 2018 album, Golden, Minogue placed a Dolly Parton record atop her stack of personal LPs; for Disco, she swapped Parton for Prince’s Purple Rain. “It’s not quite disco, but it’s in that awesome, a bit over-the-top realm,” says Minogue. “I was 14 years old and went to see [1984 film] Purple Rain, I don’t know how many times, with my girlfriend at the cinema: We would scream, we would cry. I loved that he was ‘there.’ ”

13Sound_Minogue_4-embed-1600357376

While on Zoom calls with writers and producers, Minogue would frequently pull up performance clips of Earth, Wind & Fire and other bands with “one foot in the disco arena” to keep her collaborators on track when they veered too far into “electro pop.” From there, it was a short hop to watching clips of “fantastically bad looks” from the 1970s and ’80s, such as 1979’s “D.I.S.C.O.” from French group Ottawan. “It’s all good inspiration,” she says.

I loved reading those details about the creative process for the album!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block