She's been gone (And we should accept)

I was listening to “Monalisa” and when I realised that Britney Spears is only Britney Spears under the control of third parties I think it's time for everyone to accept that this is her desire since 2004/2005. It is much better to accept this and maybe be taken by surprise in the future by a miracle than to expect uncertain things.

There is a version with "clone" which can be a satire about it being something made to be that. Anyway, this song is entirely about her telling about herself and being extremely consistent with her current moment.

Two Interesting things in Monalisa:

The end “That she's home, that's she's home”  AND Bloodshy & Avant in credits they re sooo good!!! 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I don't see Britney being a huge contender on the charts or able to keep up with today's girlies.

Depending on the music she could have a hit song, but far as tours, performances, amazing dancing and the Britney we once knew.

I don't think she's returning.

• Love 1

I like this thread, and you’re right the fans don’t listen. This is who Britney really is she’s been done with being the original doll from a long time, she ran from it and they locked her up put her back in, and now she’s running from it again 

it’s time fans except this is the real Britney we fell in love with a character 

Also I liked that you mentioned blood shy and avant- they also produced “Do something” , “Just begun having my fun”, toxic and a bunch of songs off in the zone and blackout!

it’s clear Britney and that duo had a connection and they allowed Britney to express herself and take her career in a new direction!

The last time they worked with Britney was in femme fatale and that was only how I roll and trip to your heart both bops

i wonder how they felt about working 2011  Britney vs mid 00s Britney? Britney went from being outspoken in the studio to someone who just comes in records her lines and leaves…”she’s such a professional” yeah right I call that a lack of passion and clear signs she was being taken advantage off…oh hindsight 

• Love 2

i accept. and accepted years ago. go and stream the old tracks and give money to RCA. just enjoy the music and the brand she once was. and move on. we all grow up and so did Britney.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

• Love 2
Posted (edited)

She’s been gone since Femme Fatale. Britney fans know that’s when we saw a real shift in her. Whether it was medication, lack of motivation or drive, obvious stuff behind the scenes, she was just playing the puppet. Piece of Me comes around and she’s basically just skipping from stage left to right at that point. In her book she acknowledges that she knows it was a bad show because she just didn’t care at that stage in her life, which is very understandable. I personally think she would’ve stopped performing years ago if she wasn’t forced to. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, stronger1992 said:

She’s been gone since Femme Fatale. Britney fans know that’s when we saw a real shift in her. Whether it was medication, lack of motivation or drive, obvious stuff behind the scenes, she was just playing the puppet. Piece of Me comes around and she’s basically just skipping from stage left to right at that point. In her book she acknowledges that she knows it was a bad show because she just didn’t care at that stage in her life, which is very understandable. I personally think she would’ve stopped performing years ago if she wasn’t forced to. 

Femme Fatale should have been a sign to the entire world that something was seriously wrong.
It's like they killed her spirit completely at that time.

• Love 4

Give it a few years and I predict there will be more Britney shows. There won't be much alternative if they want the cash to keep coming in.

She will never be the performer she once was but she obviously still likes to dance around and perform to a camera. If she can be in a state of mind to turn up to rehearsals etc she might as well get paid.

1 hour ago, BlackoutBaby said:

Espere alguns anos e prevejo que haverá mais shows da Britney. Não haverá muita alternativa se quiserem que o dinheiro continue entrando.

Ela nunca será a artista que era antes, mas obviamente ainda gosta de dançar e se apresentar para uma câmera. Se ela estiver com disposição para comparecer aos ensaios, etc., ela poderá muito bem ser paga.

That's why I said it's better to settle for retirement. I think there may be a chance of her returning one day, especially for the money. Many fans think that she has 60 million dollars is something that is forever but it is not, there are monthly profits from this money, there are tax expenses and she seems to spend above what these profits yield monthly, that is, it will decrease. But I wonder if she would be subject to tours for this, she doesn't seem ambitious!

• Like 1

You're right on the money. Britney has been done with the idea of being a popstar since 2004. Blackout was really like her epilogue. 

She worked A LOT in those first few years and she burned out. It happens. I just burned out from my own career path and am in the process of finding a new path. Celebrities can and have often burned out of their professions.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, AII said:

i accept. and accepted years ago. go and stream the old tracks and give money to RCA. just enjoy the music and the brand she once was. and move on. we all grow up and so did Britney.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Same and this thread about Mona Lisa being about her own future self has happened a dozen times.

shes not Mina Lisa but Maria River red 

• Haha 1

Britney married because she wanted a normal life, to be a mother, and to raise her children. But that was not the case.

On the Circus Tour she performed with blackmail that she would not see her children.

From Femme Fatale to POm against her will, on lithium.

Tell me how you would feel....

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Há 13 minutos, BPI disse:

Britney se casou porque queria uma vida normal, ser mãe e criar os filhos. Mas não foi esse o caso.

No Circus Tour ela se apresentou com canção de que não veria os filhos.

De Femme Fatale a POm contra sua vontade, tomando lítio.

Diga-me como você se sentiria....

Yeah :/

Edited by Cuber
  • Haha 1

I partially agree on this, but saying that brit is the character we love when she's under the control of third parties doesn't sound right to me .... we tend to forget that she released the best work of art - Blackout - when she was the executive producer of her own ... so No i fell in love with brithey for what she is as an artist aka someone that understand music, ahead of the curve and be herself musically 

For the rest yeah not sure she'll get back to that level for the simple reason that the dammage caused is irreversible imo and she can't keep up with the new trends without proper work and will which she seems lacking nowadays. 

I know this is not what you intended, but since you wrote emphatically about home in this topic, I read the lyrics of the EP version this time, and I thought it revealed the hidden meaning about Mona Lisa in my understanding, so here it is.

I've not paid that much attention to Mona Lisa until now, thinking it was simply a cry of anguish from her being treated so badly by the press and the public.
But I've noticed and been curious about the use of the word "home" in a slightly special way among Britney and JT for some time now.
When Britney was devastated after her breakup with JT, she wrote some songs about her breakup with JT and sang them live.
There are several songs, one of which is called "You Were My Home".

Britney used to say that JT was her home when she and JT were dating.
When they were dating, they acknowledged each other as being home, an irreplaceable place to be.
And home appears in JT's Mirrors, which is said to be about Britney.

"She wants you to know (Yeah) That she's home, that's she's home" in the Mona Lisa EP version, which some might take as a darker interpretation, such as her killing herself at home in despair. That may be one of the things she intended.
I would like to point out the other meaning of home. The EP version came out in September 2005. I don't know exactly when the lyrics were written, but I would guess that the EP version was written when Britney was still happy with Kevin.

BRITNEYSPEARS.FANDOM.COM

"Mona Lisa" is a song by American recording artist Britney Spears, taken from her debut extended play, Britney & Kevin: Chaotic. On December 30, 2004, Spears made a surprise appearance at Los...

And I think another meaning of "She wants you to know (Yeah) That she's home, that's she's home" is "The press and the media talked about me like I was a sl**, and then there was a clone of me, a sl** Britney, who wasn't real. And I am treated as such. But no, I'm a home for someone else, I'm just a woman who wants normal happiness like everyone else," I thought.

More to the point, given Britney's intentions, it seemed to me that she was saying that to JT, who was once each other's "home".
JT did not believe in Britney's love and created a slutty clone Britney and exposed her after he found out that she was cheating on him with Wade. It seems to me she was saying like that to JT, who is responsible for much of the reason she was treated this way by the public.
"I really loved you and I thought you were HOME, I'm just a woman, I'm just a human being who wants to be someone's HOME and think someone else is HOME just like everyone else, and you didn't understand that. That's why I'm with Kevin now, and you should know that." 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block