New court docs state Britney Spears' conservatorship is reportedly "voluntary." What does this mean for the #FreeBritney movement?

What about keeping in place the financial conservatorship without her father in the picture and being handled by people she herself chooses, but dissolving the cship pertaining to her personal life? Aren’t those different entities?

i don’t know what this is all supposed to mean exactly. If she explicitly supports the FB movement and Brian just said she’s always wanted out of it, this whole ‘voluntary’ thing being pedalled in these documents doesn’t seem so black and white. 

14 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Not your best article. 

No need to pivot here. Suggesting she genuinely wants these restraints is ludicrous.

And to say she will most likely NEVER speak publicly about the conservatorship when she's been opening up more and more and just filed to not seal court documents... Kinda frustrating to read.

We need to be advocates for Britney and use our common sense.

Exactly!!!!

I can see this being true. I love Britney but she seems pretty emotionally stunted (which isn‘t her fault, she has been working since she was literally 4), so her wanting a conversatorship for all that big legal stuff is understandable. It‘s also understandable that she doesn‘t want her father to be the conversator since she most likely still doesn‘t trust him completely or at all (?). So yeah... . I feel like most people on here still live in a fantasy world where she still wants to work and work and be this huge popstar again. Those days have been long over.

• Leader
17 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

"Voluntary" is probably a legal term.

Perhaps yea. Just speculating... maybe she doesn't mind the financial conservatorship? She didn't file to dissolve it or object to it, but instead wants a trust company to oversee it instead of her dad. The personal one on the other hand... that one I think she's got a major problem with. Thoughts? 

• Leader
21 hours ago, asitalian12587 said:

Makes no sense. The whole point of a conservatorship is to take over a person's life when they cant make lucid and rational decisions for themselves due to disability, etc. To state its "voluntary" goes against everything it stands for since that person wouldnt be able to speak for themselves and VOLUNTEER to be placed under it.

Totally agree. 

• Like 1
  • Leader
21 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Not your best article. 

No need to pivot here. Suggesting she genuinely wants these restraints is ludicrous.

And to say she will most likely NEVER speak publicly about the conservatorship when she's been opening up more and more and just filed to not seal court documents... Kinda frustrating to read.

We need to be advocates for Britney and use our common sense.

I apologize if I came off insensitive in my initial post. 🙏  Was not my intention. 

I'd like to clarify: I was not suggesting she genuinely wants these restraints. At ALL. We all know she doesn't want the conservatorship in place. I was speculating that she might be fine with the financial side of things being handled - as long as it's not her dad. I was also posing the question that if she can decide this conservatorship is voluntary, then it proves she can make life decisions and thus questions the existence of the personal conservatorship. 

10 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Perhaps yea. Just speculating... maybe she doesn't mind the financial conservatorship? She didn't file to dissolve it or object to it, but instead wants a trust company to oversee it instead of her dad. The personal one on the other hand... that one I think she's got a major problem with. Thoughts? 

I agree with you. I think her and Kevin have visitation worked out amongst themselves. Kevin said he has no concerns with Britney recently. I think Britney stayed in the personal conservatorship for custody reasons, but, now the boys are getting close to 18 and it won’t matter anymore. Said conservatorship is stopping her from having any more kids and I think she wants out ASAP at this point. One of the biggest factors for getting her into this whole mess was her erratic spending and lack of financial skills, so, I could see her not caring and going along with that aspect of it. I do actually think keeping her finances under restriction is a smart thing..it’ll stop another Kevin will come in and clean her out. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I'm thinking she's being strategic.

I imagine that her lawyer is advising her not to ask to dissolve everything at once, but to dismantle it in stages so that it is easier for the judge to agree to each bite-sized piece that she proposes.

Her primary concern is likely maintaining access to her boys. Kevin has her backed into a corner in that regard.

The financial conservatorship doesn't affect her access to her boys, but the personal conservatorship does.

The "voluntary" part of it may be that she is willingly remaining in the personal conservatorship so she can maintain visitation rights, until such a time as she can prove to the judge that she is thriving in Jamie's absence. And maybe then she will file to have the personal conservatorship dissolved?

I think voluntary is just in reference to a conservatorship under the Bessemer Trust.

Meaning her conservatorship under Jamie ISN'T voluntary, but her conservatorship under the Bessemer Trust is. Maybe this is just her way of showing the court that she can play nicely. And Sam can show the court that Britney is willing to be cooperative, but just feels that the one she is in currently isn't in her best interests. That's smart. It's not so much a direct attack on the idea of being in a conservatorship, but a lateral move with a loophole. This way, Britney and Sam can attack the whole idea of a conservatorship more directly later.

• Love 7

Unfortunately I don’t think team B knew what they were getting themselves into when this all went down. We all like to make comments about their insidious masterminding behind the scenes but let’s be real... Jamie Spears is dumb trash.. i don’t think he could mastermind anything. This is a situation similar to when people file for orders of protection, they are granted, and then the petitioner changes their mind. Too bad- once the State gets involved  the court is the ONLY entity that can change that. In this case, I’d bet anything I have  that if you follow the money trail the last 12 years you will find corruption  on multiple levels including State officials/ the court.  Conservatorship will only end once they get their ducks in a row and find someone to make the scapegoat to clear the rest of them. My moneys on simple minded Jamie. 

Yeah I’m very confused by this ‘voluntary’ stuff, the twitter account I follow ‘Surprise Witness’ (who is a law grad) said it’s just a technicality or something like that. How could it be voluntary when she wasn’t allowed to hire her own lawyer to fight against it? So confusing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they twist things around to say it’s been voluntary the entire time, maybe that’s why Ingham is finally doing his job properly, if he thinks he won’t be implicated later. I wouldn’t be surprised if they all throw Jamie under the bus (lmao). Like Sharon Osborne said, where money is involved nothing is surprising. 

39 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Yeah I’m very confused by this ‘voluntary’ stuff, the twitter account I follow ‘Surprise Witness’ (who is a law grad) said it’s just a technicality or something like that. How could it be voluntary when she wasn’t allowed to hire her own lawyer to fight against it? So confusing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they twist things around to say it’s been voluntary the entire time, maybe that’s why Ingham is finally doing his job properly, if he thinks he won’t be implicated later. I wouldn’t be surprised if they all throw Jamie under the bus (lmao). Like Sharon Osborne said, where money is involved nothing is surprising. 

Britney did agree to get herself into the consevatorship when it was temporary, so maybe they are using that?

• Like 1
On 9/3/2020 at 10:56 AM, Barajas said:

My impression is that Britney doesn´t even know what her team got her into ,
and she just accepted cause they told her it was the best. :beynah:
We probably need a lawyer to explain these legal terms,
apparently "voluntarly" means she loses her rights to make any personal decisions :tiffanycries:

Below an article written by a Judge about the differences of vulunatry vs involuntary cships: 

" The most significant difference between voluntary conservatorships and powers of attorney and appointments of healthcare representatives is that the appointment of a conservator requires court intervention.  Any capable adult may appoint a healthcare representative or attorney in fact; it’s not necessary to involve the probate court for those appointments.  Only a probate court may appoint a conservator. 

Another difference is that a conserved person loses rights to make decisions for themselves.  For example, if the conservator has authority over financial decisions, the conserved person loses the legal right to make those decisions.  However, the conservator is required to take the conserved person’s wishes and preferences into account when making decisions; the conservator is also required to involve the conserved person in the decision making process as much as possible."

Source : https://www.southbury-ct.org/content/353/9149.aspx

Back tracking to that letter she wrote about being “lied to and set up” I’d image that’s part of where her being “voluntary” fell into. Either way we all know this isn’t voluntary..

• Love 1

I agree with everyone else. I think the voluntary verbiage is very important legal-ese. Legal language). 

Remember, Britney agreed and petitioned for Jodi to continue to serve as her personal conservator. Because she herself did not contest or try to terminate the personal conservatorship and rather requested someone other than Jamie. It is considered voluntary. 

The estate conservatorship is also considered voluntary right now cause Brit did not petition to terminate it, but again requests Jamie off and is requesting the 3rd party financial company to be her estate conservatorship.  

it shows Britney in a good state of mind, and once Jamie is permanently removed as estate and personal conservatorship- THEN Britney will start the process of terminating the C-ship... one by one. That’s also if she does not mind keeping the estate (financial) conservatorship. Which I think she truly doesn’t mind the financial one as long as Jamie is not in control.  

It is all strategy and will happen in steps! 

• Like 2