New court docs state Britney Spears' conservatorship is reportedly "voluntary." What does this mean for the #FreeBritney movement?

27 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's kinda weird they attached a Free Britney article lol

and it's even weirder this is coming from TMZ, but if it's true, then yay

I could be heavily wrong, but this all still adds up with my theory...that at the time she was up to her neck in troubles, they convinced her this was the right step to shield her from everything going on. She trusted them, and they kinda keep up with it even when there was no more need to have it going on. Then they started to mess up and she was already trapped in there. When #FreeBritney finally made it all public back in 2019, she finally got the force she needed to start fighting back. They play an important role in the case, and have already been invited to testify what they know in court, so that's why there's an article attached. Even TMZ cannot distort situations once they're clear enough.

• Like 4

I think it just circles back to getting Jamie and his team out the picture and I believe once that happens steps to be out completely may follow. I strongly doubt Britney wants any form of a conservator ship. We will fight until she is completely out of the CShip. Britney made it clear in For the Record that if she didn’t have these restraints she’d feel so liberated there hasn’t been anything to suggest that she wants this, for now it’s just taking steps to remove it she’s always wanted out as we heard via the alleged voicemail of Britney calling a lawyer in the process of eliminating the conservator ship but allegedly gets threatened with her kids being taken away allegedly.

2 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

I could be heavily wrong, but this all still adds up with my theory...that at the time she was up to her neck in troubles, they convinced her this was the right step to shield her from everything going on. She trusted them, and they kinda keep up with it even when there was no more need to have it going on. Then they started to mess up and she was already trapped in there. When #FreeBritney finally made it all public back in 2019, she finally got the force she needed to start fighting back. They play an important role in the case, and have already been invited to testify what they know in court, so that's why there's an article attached. Even TMZ cannot distort situations once they're clear enough.

Yes, I think the movement taking force, and Lynne getting involved in the case, probably also propelled by the movement, it's what's given her the strength to fight.

However I think things were going to start changing anyway, since Andrew Wallet resigned, which is when Judge Penny ordered that special hearing, to see wtf was going on, because also, at this time, Britney had supposedly cancelled her residency due to her father's illness. So one co-conservator quitting and the other one supposedly sick, I believe this is what really triggered the judge to evaluate again her situation.

But yeah, the movement has put a lot of pressure on them, and perhaps even on Sam Ingham.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Voluntary :squintney:

This is 100% damage control since the spotlight on the conservatorship keeps getting bigger and bigger. We’ve all seen the original court documents. The ones where they claimed Britney had dementia and that the conservatorship was necessary. We’ve seen the letters, emails and voicemail from Britney herself asking for people to help her out of the conservatorship that she is a prisoner in. Now they want us to believe 12 years later that Britney is fine and this is just a voluntary thing?? Get the **** out of here with that bs :ririshade1:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

In my country, it has always been considered that the greatest value in the United States is the freedom of every person. And I honestly didn't realize until last year that Britney was still under the control of Loucifer and her father. I just couldn't understand how this was possible in the freest country in the world. How can a healthy adult be in captivity? She's not a criminal, she's very rich and world-famous. And such a delusional situation. Naturally, Britney also thinks so and wants to regain her freedom. And we will help her in this :sendinglove:

• Leader
3 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Jordan you are damaging the whole movement with this. And I do not like it. Especially because we do not even know what this means 100%

I am damaging the Free Britney movement by reporting a very significant fact filed by her own lawyers? And asking fans who care about Britney what they think about it? :alook:

4 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Since the change is her request, wouldn’t that make it voluntary?? I think the most important statement of all that fans should focus on, is the that she wants to make these changes without waiving her right to terminate the whole thing, that indicates she would want to end it at some point.

Yes! This!

Didn’t she had to accept in 2008? Like she “voluntarily” signed the papers for a voluntary temporary conservatorship with the objective to get better and regain custody of her kids? 
Then it became permanent and that’s when she was seen crying. I don’t think she’s okay with her personal life being controlled at all, we know how many times our girl has said she loves freedom and being independent, maybe she’s cool with her money being supervised by others, but the majority of celebrities do that without being in a legal abusive conservatorship. 

They probably say it’s voluntary because at first she accepted? I don’t know maybe I’m wrong.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Britney Spears' legal advocate, Samuel Ingham, filed docs requesting her dad be removed as conservator over her estate and replaced by a trust company. Read more about that here.

There's also a new report out discussing her net worth not including the revenue she's generated through her music.

One thing I found interesting in these new court docs, that has been touched on in several other topics here on Exhale (but doesn't yet have its own designated topic), is the notion that the conservatorship is "voluntary."

Newly filed docs state:

The docs add that she does NOT "have a developmental disability" that would stop her from making these decisions.

I believe that implies Britney is OK with the conservatorship in general, but the terms of it - namely her father being in control - is something she's adamant about changing.

Interestingly, if she can make sound decisions about her life like this, is the conservatorship necessary at all? Why not build a different infrastructure that don't impede on her own rights?

The million dollar question: even if she is seemingly OK with the conservatorships, does it mean they should still remain anyway?

I'd like to point out that even if Britney is content with the conservatorships, this does not necessarily diminish the importance of the #FreeBritney movement. It's my belief that without this movement, these major changes to better her life, like petitioning to replace her father with the Bessemer Trust Company, would never have happened - things would've likely remained the same. There has been notable progress. 

It does put the movement between a rock and a hard place, though. If she is indeed OK with the conservatorships, then the #FreeBritney movement would need to pivot. Problem is, there's been such an abuse in trust that fans are likely not to believe this is "voluntary" despite the docs stating it is simply because we haven't heard from Britney directly. She will likely never publicly address this, therefore the speculation will continue.

Exhale, I know this is a lot to digest, but what are your thoughts? Pretend this report is undeniably 100% true: that Britney is OK with the conservatorships as long as her dad isn't in the picture. Where do we go from here? 

Related:

brit-volun.jpg.366e803901d71c66f250bcb0173ed799.jpg

Respectfully that is not the message here at all: that Britney is ok with the conservatorship. It is clearly a first step effort to get rid of it. First by getting rid of that leach that is her father, and then when he is gone and there is an actual independent conservator that can see she doesn't need these extreme legal constraints she will be unopposed when she apploes to get rid of it and replaces it with a support system customized to what she needs. It is nonsensical to think she would try to get out of it when her father is still in power

46 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

As long as Kevin has full custody, he knows he has Britney painted into a corner.

She knows he's watching and hanging on every move she makes.

I believe she probably wants to dismantle the conservatorship in stages, so that she can regain custody when the time is right.

Unpopular opinion: I think Kevin retains custody regardless. She will have more visitation rights with her dad out of the picture but I don’t think custody arrangements will be changed otherwise. 

Not your best article. 

No need to pivot here. Suggesting she genuinely wants these restraints is ludicrous.

And to say she will most likely NEVER speak publicly about the conservatorship when she's been opening up more and more and just filed to not seal court documents... Kinda frustrating to read.

We need to be advocates for Britney and use our common sense.

• Love 3
  • Like 5